HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 9:58 PM
Derp

No problem!
Heading back down that way in early August on my way to Parksville so we're doing a few days in Cedar Falls again. I'm glad we found that place, the valley really is a gem.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2011, 9:06 PM

Anyone been camping in Buffalo lake by Lacombe? It's either that or Writing on Stone, and I haven't had the best of luck in Alberta provincial parks. WoS would be much warmer I imagine, that's why I'm leaning that way.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 12:53 AM

You should come to the Okanagan or some other southern BC valleys, weather is suppose to be mainly sunny and between 27 to 32 the next 7 days in the forecast. (I am guessing warmer in the southern Okanagan).

Haynes Point is the best for heat, rate on Osoyoos lake, also there are some great campgrounds just north of Penticton along the 97 on Okanagan lake.

That is where I go every year. In fact was in the Okanagan 3 times this summer, this is why I love living in Vancouver, it is only a 3.5 hour drive away on freeway.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
You should come to the Okanagan or some other southern BC valleys, weather is suppose to be mainly sunny and between 27 to 32 the next 7 days in the forecast. (I am guessing warmer in the southern Okanagan).

Haynes Point is the best for heat, rate on Osoyoos lake, also there are some great campgrounds just north of Penticton along the 97 on Okanagan lake.

That is where I go every year. In fact was in the Okanagan 3 times this summer, this is why I love living in Vancouver, it is only a 3.5 hour drive away on freeway.
I drove from Calgary to Kelowna, to Langley, to Seattle, To Vancouver, To Kelowna, to Lec Le Jeune (Kamloops) then back home again (2900km) over the 2 weeks around August long. So I don't really want to drive for 7+ hours again for a very long time. lol

I think we're going to go to Buffalo Lake, Gull Lake or Pigeon Lake, WoS was fully booked.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 10:38 PM

That is one sweet road trip my friend

Old Posted Aug 24, 2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
That is one sweet road trip my friend
It was a blast! Stayed at my grandparents house, a hostel in Seatte, the 27th floor of the Empire Landmark in Van, and in a tent! Lots of driving, lots of beer and lots of gorgeous scenery.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2011, 5:56 PM

I highly recommend checking out the Kootenays for camping. Less crowded and busy then the Okanagan or Rockies. We camped along the Arrow Lakes about 30mins from Nakusp and it was amazing! Huge campsites, great rates, dead quiet and pitch black at night since so few people live in that valley.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2011, 8:44 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Nakusp is great. I've been there a few times before, but haven't been back for about 5 years now I think.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 6:43 PM

Anyone have a suggested campgrounds for July long in the southern Kootenays? maybe Nelson or Castlegar, something not too far off the #3. Looking at going to Osoyoos for a couple days, but am thinking of stopping for the night along the way, preferably in or around Nelson.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 3:02 AM

Nelson, Nelson, Nelson!

Nelson will satisfy you!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 4:32 AM

Only Monday will be sunny this long weekend in either Castlegar or Nelson.
Castlegar is warmer drier cheaper and less packed than Nelson. And Nelson is only a half an hours drive from here so you can easily go to Nelson for the day and come back to Castlegar headquarters. In fact you can easily do day trips in all directions from here.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 4:35 AM

Check out Syringa Provincial Park, Pass Creek Regional Park, or Kootenay River Campground all here in Castlegar.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2012, 2:35 PM
HVAC guru

Off to BC for two weeks, Way to busy @ work the past few months so it's time to get out of Dodge for a while... going to spend a few nights camped at Kokanee Creek outside Nelson, then to Vernon for a few days to visit the folks, then off to Bridge Lake in the Chilcotin for a week and the family cabin.

Hoping for no mudslides or wildfires

Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 10:54 PM
DRINK

Camped at Spray lakes a few weeks ago. Fantastic setting. No cell reception and the sketchy drive to it from Canmore keeps all people with huge trailers and RV's away.

Anybody have a good suggestion for winter camping?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia