HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

FMC Tower at Cira Centre South in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 6:21 PM
BANNED

very similar to whats going on at comcast 2 right now

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
11/24/2014

They just started putting form work up around 2:30 this afternoon.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 9:53 PM

^ I think I see those cranes from my building on Broad Street now. I can't wait til the thing starts going up above street level.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 10:21 PM

Wow so when do you think this will reach street level?

Old Posted Nov 24, 2014, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokoon11 View Post
Wow so when do you think this will reach street level?
My guess would be by the end of this year or early next year, weather permitting. But we have a knowledgeable insider on the forum who undoubtedly knows the precise answer to this (subject to weather delays, of course), so hopefully he'll chime in.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 6:22 PM

Update from Lincolndrive over at Building Philly

https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhilly

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 1:28 PM

The pour for the last portion of the mat foundation for the core is set for this Friday evening. The first lift of the core shear walls will start immediately thereafter, with reinforcing and formwork for the walls that will be about 15 feet above the mat; those walls will be poured moving east to west in about 6 sections. Once this wall lift is complete, a self-climbing form system will be erected on those walls to form the core walls up to the 28th floor, and then away we go. It will take a few weeks for all that to come together but watch out once the system is all assembled....it will go fast. So it should rise above upper Walnut Street in January.........

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 1:32 PM

An awesome chunk of rebar.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWSMADCONC View Post
The pour for the last portion of the mat foundation for the core is set for this Friday evening. The first lift of the core shear walls will start immediately thereafter, with reinforcing and formwork for the walls that will be about 15 feet above the mat; those walls will be poured moving east to west in about 6 sections. Once this wall lift is complete, a self-climbing form system will be erected on those walls to form the core walls up to the 28th floor, and then away we go. It will take a few weeks for all that to come together but watch out once the system is all assembled....it will go fast. So it should rise above upper Walnut Street in January.........
Thanks for all the details, awesome update.
FMC will rise quickly, can't wait.

We need to find an insider like this over at the CITC site.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Have you ever thought of teaching an adult-ed enrichment class open to the public that follows the construction of a building? It could meet on-site, every other week, 30 students, a few hundred bucks tuition per 4 or 6-month segment. It might be a nice side-venture for yourself. I bet there would be a lot of interest.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 2:04 PM

Quote:
I dunno--this is all kinda vague. Can we get someone in here who actually knows something about this project?

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japmes View Post
Have you ever thought of teaching an adult-ed enrichment class open to the public that follows the construction of a building? It could meet on-site, every other week, 30 students, a few hundred bucks tuition per 4 or 6-month segment. It might be a nice side-venture for yourself. I bet there would be a lot of interest.
+1 If nothing else, you'd probably get a decent group from these forums. I'd attend.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 3:35 PM

Quote:
If serious, check out http://mtairylearningtree.org/

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 3:40 PM

Quote:
As a construction enthusiast (is that a thing?), I think this is a great idea and would definitely sign up.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that there's no way the insurance carriers would allow the excess liability that comes with unnecessary folks on or near their construction site. There are myriad ways for people to get injured or killed - and they do.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 5:41 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
As a construction enthusiast (is that a thing?), I think this is a great idea and would definitely sign up.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that there's no way the insurance carriers would allow the excess liability that comes with unnecessary folks on or near their construction site. There are myriad ways for people to get injured or killed - and they do.
I dunno. When I was in school at Penn, we had a real estate class that involved going on site at the Old Post Office building. Just wear a hard hat and good boots. Once all the trades get going there are so many people on site at once that you wouldn't even notice a group touring the building anyway.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 8:05 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Are you on this project?

-sb

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Any idea what time the pour will start?

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateberry1 View Post
Pour will start Saturday around 1 AM, run till about 8AM. Two pumps, one "in the hole" and one on Upper Walnut Street.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateberry1 View Post
Comcast next week, same time pretty much.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Comcast next week, same time pretty much.
Huge, two skyline altering projects going up side by side. Going to be some great shots when they are in the 500-600 foot range going up.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive