HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 30, 2017, 1:51 AM

Oregon with zero picks is surprising. That is a lot of top high school talent that is not being developed properly.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 9:32 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Fat Tire is now awful and I hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Stupid University
Traitors at New Belgium Brewing and Some Stupid University are teaming up for a one-of-a-kind collaborative beer, Old Aggie Inferior Lager.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Utah had the most draft picks of the PAC-12 with 8. Utah is #4 on the list of most picks behind Mich. (11), Ala. (10), Miami, Fla. (9), and tied for 4th with Florida (8) and LSU (8).

Utah 8
UCLA 5
USC 5
Washington 5
CU 4
Cal 3
Stanford 2
Oregon St. 2
ASU 1
WSU 1
Arizona 0
Oregon 0
So Utah does a great job of developing NFL talent but hasn't been able to translate that to a Conference or even South Division title. I suppose since every other South team has won the division in the prior five years that with year 6 it's Utah's turn?

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 11:22 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
Got get me a six pack.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 11:40 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Enjoy your pee.

Old Posted May 4, 2017, 6:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
So Utah does a great job of developing NFL talent but hasn't been able to translate that to a Conference or even South Division title. I suppose since every other South team has won the division in the prior five years that with year 6 it's Utah's turn?
Utah tied with the So. Division champ twice, with the tie breaker being that we lost in the regular season to the eventual division champ.

Utah's (Whittingham's) biggest problem has been that it doesn't develop quarterbacks well at all. The new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Troy Taylor, specializes in developing quarterbacks, so hopefully that changes soon.

Old Posted May 6, 2017, 12:59 AM

In addition to the 8 Utes drafted, 7 others signed free agent contracts:

"...Defensive end Hunter Dimick (Jacksonville), long snapper Chase Dominguez (New Orleans), wide receiver Tim Patrick (Baltimore), kicker Andy Phillips (Chicago), defensive back Reggie Porter (Indianapolis), defensive tackle Pasoni Tasini (Arizona) and safety Jason Thompson (New England)."

So, 15/25 or 60% of our senior class could be headed to the NFL.

Source: www.utahutes.com

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 1:10 AM

When ranking universities by draft picks and signed free agents combined, Utah is #2 behind Michigan.

Source: Reddit CFB

Old Posted May 25, 2017, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
When ranking universities by draft picks and signed free agents combined, Utah is #2 behind Michigan.

Source: Reddit CFB
That's pretty impressive, though the downside is of course the implication that Utah significantly under performed its talent level last year.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 7:57 PM

College football is about a month away!

Media Poll Picks Utes Second in South Division

http://utahutes.com/news/2017/7/26/f...-division.aspx

Quote:
The annual preseason media poll was announced this morning from the Pac-12 Conference Football Media Days and Utah was picked second in the South Division behind projected Pac-12 champion USC. The Utes received 220 points, including one first-place vote, in tying its best preseason media rank since joining the Pac-12 in 2011.

USC led the South Division voting with 309 points and 49 first-place votes, followed by Utah (220), UCLA (209) and Colorado (182), all which received one first-place vote. Rounding out the South were Arizona State (109) and Arizona (61).

Utah placed third in the Pac-12 South last year and was the only team in the division to beat USC, which finished the season ranked No. 3 in the nation. The Utes earned a No. 23 ranking in the final 2016 A.P. poll.

Defending Pac-12 champion Washington was picked to win the North Division with 309 points and 49 first-place votes, followed by Stanford (247), Washington State (206), Oregon (163), Oregon State (101) and California (64).

Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham and players Filipo Mokofisi and Salesi Uhatafe will participate in the Pac-12 Media Days today and tomorrow before heading back to Salt Lake City for the start of preseason camp on Friday, July 28.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2017, 5:37 PM

Congratulations Rams on your new stadium opening and first win of the year

New CSU Stadium Draws Record Crowd
August 26, 2017 By Dillon Thomas - CBS4 Denver
Quote:
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) – For the first time in 50 years, Colorado State University hosted a football game on their main campus.

The stadium, which was highly contested when first proposed, officially opened to a crowd of 37,583 fans on Saturday. The attendance set a CSU record for largest crowd at a home-opener.
CSU smashed Oregon 58-27

Old Posted Aug 27, 2017, 5:45 PM

That's a pretty sweet new stadium for CSU. Hopefully they can keep decent crowds even after the honeymoon of a new stadium wears off. I fear they won't.

I know it's on campus now, but they struggled in a much smaller Hughes stadium to get a good crowd.

Also. BYU game made me sad. They don't look good.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2017, 3:03 AM
cities|transit|croissants

CSU beat Oregon State. Not quite the same as beating Oregon.

Regardless, a good look for the Rams for sure.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 11:13 PM

Well, that was a sloppy win for Boise State but it was a win. Seems there may be a bit of a quarterback controversy, already. I'm just not really sold on Harsin. Seems to be his teams never look prepared. We will see how the season goes.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
Well, that was a sloppy win for Boise State but it was a win. Seems there may be a bit of a quarterback controversy, already. I'm just not really sold on Harsin. Seems to be his teams never look prepared. We will see how the season goes.
Defense looked tough. Troy is a good team with a lot of returning starters. What's going on with attendance, though? Looked like a poor showing there.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2017, 11:33 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

CU made big plays followed by.....

Gotta look better come conference play.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2017, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Defense looked tough. Troy is a good team with a lot of returning starters. What's going on with attendance, though? Looked like a poor showing there.
Yeah, the lack of attendance was a pretty big deal around here in the media. It's funny the locals have been chanting for earlier time starts for the games, they give them one, and nobody shows up. haha I think it being on the last 3 day weekend of the summer (and I think certain hunting is ending too) didn't help.

Still, you're right, Troy is a good team and I think the attendance should have been better.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2017, 2:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
Yeah, the lack of attendance was a pretty big deal around here in the media. It's funny the locals have been chanting for earlier time starts for the games, they give them one, and nobody shows up. haha I think it being on the last 3 day weekend of the summer (and I think certain hunting is ending too) didn't help.

Still, you're right, Troy is a good team and I think the attendance should have been better.
Labor Day Weekend in Idaho and the media wonders why it wasn't a sellout? Anyone who questions why, is not familiar with the people of this state.

Try a day game at the the end of September when it's not a holiday or 100 degrees outside and then give me your opinion.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 6:45 AM

31-10. That's all I'm going to say. SMH I'm telling you guys, I'm getting more and more ready to jump from the Harsin wagon by the day. I'm just not sold on the guy.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2017, 3:20 PM

Congrats. Again. Utes.

I hate everything about everything. I'm very sad.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West