HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
NEW APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 699 Spring Street (Spring St @ 3rd St.)
Project Type: New student housing project of 27 stories with retail uses of 9,400 SF at the southeast

corner of Spring St. and 3rd St. Two separate ground floor retail spaces are accessible
from Spring St. and 3rd St. with a common lobby for residential access along Spring St.
Above grade are six (6) levels of podium parking with ~315 parking spaces topped by 19
stories with 320 units (715 beds) marketed to students. The project locates both
vehicular and loading access from a shared drive along 3rd St.
Applicant(s): Jessica Hill, Morris Manning & Martin LLP, jhill@mmmlaw.com
Francisco Rios, CA Ventures, FRios@ca-ventures.com
Chris Johnson, CA Ventures, Cjohnson@ca-ventures.com

6:00 NEW APPLICATION: CA Ventures - 903 Peachtree Street
Project Type: New 32-story residential project with ground floor retail uses of ~12,000 SF at the
southeast corner of Peachtree St. and 8th St. Retail space is accessible from Peachtree St.
and the residential lobby entrance is on 8
th St. Above grade are eight (8) levels of podium
parking with ~549 parking spaces topped by 23 residential stories with 417 market-rate
units. The project proposes separated vehicular and loading from 2 drives along 8th St.

Applicant(s): Jessica Hill, Morris Manning & Martin LLP, jhill@mmmlaw.com
Francisco Rios, CA Ventures, FRios@ca-ventures.com
Chris Johnson, CA Ventures, Cjohnson@ca-ventures.com
SPI-17

6:30 NEW APPLICATION: Freeman Partners - 1084 Piedmont Avenue
Project Type: New 7-story residential condos with up to 29 units (total of 42,220 SF). The lobby entrance
is located on Piedmont Ave. Parking is provided via a bi-level deck with 40 spaces
accessible from 12th St. Open space is found primarily on the 6th level terrace of ~3,400 SF
with pool.

Applicant(s): Michael Gamble, Gamble + Gamble, mgamble@gg-architects.com
Brad Berman, Freeman Partners, brad@freeman-partners.com

https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...100918_rev.pdf
Long time lurker here. Saw them collecting soil samples at 903 Peachtree two mornings in a row about a week and a half ago.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:45 PM

903 Peachtree is over 400 units for a 32 story tower(23 residential floors). This almost certainly means it's yet another wide tower when instead they could make the tower skinny and taller. Could be over 40 floors and like 450 feet.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:50 PM

Planning permits were filed this week for 19 townhomes at 1430 Memorial, expansion of an assisted living facility at 3750 Peachtree, 27 single family homes at 820 Flat Shoals Rd, condos at 375 Grant Circle, and a bike share station at 250 Piedmont.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
903 Peachtree is over 400 units for a 32 story tower(23 residential floors). This almost certainly means it's yet another wide tower when instead they could make the tower skinny and taller. Could be over 40 floors and like 450 feet.
Agreed. Give us the height!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:05 PM

Quote:
I feel like the issue has been too much land in midtown that could be butchered as developers please over the years. As land becomes more scarce, they’re going to hate these huge parking podiums and developments that take up half a block.

That said, I’m still excited to see this one and for the infill

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:21 PM

On the topic of Midtown development, I talked with someone the other day that is a member of the church at Peachtree & 5th. He was telling me that the developer who originally wanted to build behind the church couldn't get the numbers to work, so they fell through. The church reopened the bidding process a month ago, and now they are in talks with two developers who are interested.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturner39 View Post
On the topic of Midtown development, I talked with someone the other day that is a member of the church at Peachtree & 5th. He was telling me that the developer who originally wanted to build behind the church couldn't get the numbers to work, so they fell through. The church reopened the bidding process a month ago, and now they are in talks with two developers who are interested.
Sell it to whoever promises to include a grocery store! Lol but really, this is exciting to know it isn’t a missed opportunity, but rather has interest from multiple developers and the church is trying to develop the parcel.

Atlanta is getting to he point I have friends from the west coast and Midwest who are becoming interested in taking a look to see if we are “city enough” for them to live. I think we are getting very close to that point in time.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Sell it to whoever promises to include a grocery store! Lol but really, this is exciting to know it isn’t a missed opportunity, but rather has interest from multiple developers and the church is trying to develop the parcel.

Atlanta is getting to he point I have friends from the west coast and Midwest who are becoming interested in taking a look to see if we are “city enough” for them to live. I think we are getting very close to that point in time.
Yeah definitely exciting times for Atlanta! I know the only stipulation is that the church has to have a certain number of parking spaces. Honestly, I would love a Target there or somewhere in the south part of Midtown.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
Here is 1084 Piedmont.

oh no i have so many memories here!! this has been here since the 90s, i used to roller blade through the park...

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 9:55 PM

They're making a good decision to sell their land. With Bikeshare and electric scooters here in Atlanta, I can't imagine business for them is as great as it used to be. Time to cash out and move on.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:

That's encouraging. I was just in Portland with a friend from Austin. She and the Portlanders I stayed with think Atlanta is awful. I've stopped even talking to them about it.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by street advocate View Post
new application: ca ventures - 699 spring street (spring st @ 3rd st.)
project type: New student housing project of 27 stories with retail uses of 9,400 sf at the southeast

corner of spring st. And 3rd st. Two separate ground floor retail spaces are accessible
from spring st. And 3rd st. With a common lobby for residential access along spring st.
Above grade are six (6) levels of podium parking with ~315 parking spaces topped by 19
stories with 320 units (715 beds) marketed to students. The project locates both
vehicular and loading access from a shared drive along 3rd st.
Applicant(s): Jessica hill, morris manning & martin llp, jhill@mmmlaw.com
francisco rios, ca ventures, frios@ca-ventures.com
chris johnson, ca ventures, cjohnson@ca-ventures.com

6:00 new application: Ca ventures - 903 peachtree street
project type: New 32-story residential project with ground floor retail uses of ~12,000 sf at the
southeast corner of peachtree st. And 8th st. Retail space is accessible from peachtree st.
And the residential lobby entrance is on 8
th st. Above grade are eight (8) levels of podium
parking with ~549 parking spaces topped by 23 residential stories with 417 market-rate
units. The project proposes separated vehicular and loading from 2 drives along 8th st.

applicant(s): Jessica hill, morris manning & martin llp, jhill@mmmlaw.com
francisco rios, ca ventures, frios@ca-ventures.com
chris johnson, ca ventures, cjohnson@ca-ventures.com
spi-17

6:30 new application: freeman partners - 1084 piedmont avenue
project type: New 7-story residential condos with up to 29 units (total of 42,220 sf). The lobby entrance
is located on piedmont ave. Parking is provided via a bi-level deck with 40 spaces
accessible from 12th st. Open space is found primarily on the 6th level terrace of ~3,400 sf
with pool.

applicant(s): Michael gamble, gamble + gamble, mgamble@gg-architects.com
brad berman, freeman partners, brad@freeman-partners.com

https://www.midtownatl.com/_files/do...100918_rev.pdf
whoa!

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
That's encouraging. I was just in Portland with a friend from Austin. She and the Portlanders I stayed with think Atlanta is awful. I've stopped even talking to them about it.
No offense to your Austin friend, but I think that other than the music scene, Austin is overrated and far less cosmopolitan than Atlanta.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlHeel View Post
To be honest, those west coast cities didn't have to deal with "white flight", and neither did Austin, which might as well be Salt Lake City when it comes to racial diversity.

Large cities in the South are now playing catch up, due to decades of whites choosing to leave the urban cities for the suburbs. Now, gentrification is an issue that must be addressed to retain racial diversity in the urban core.

So, tell your west coast friends (including Austin and Denver), our diversity is worth embracing and we are a melting pot that they will envy in the near future.

Atlanta's urban core (downtown & Midtown) is rapidly becoming the South's urban oasis - once all of the currently proposed projects are completed.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post

Atlanta's urban core (downtown & Midtown) is rapidly becoming the South's urban oasis - once all of the currently proposed projects are completed.
We’ve been saying that since 2004, when I first joined. Lol

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
The city is vastly denser and more interesting than in 2004

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Please list all of the negatives that kept the urban core back in 2004, along side all of the positives that is pushing the city forward today.

Even an eternal pessimist like yourself would be impressed.

You can start with the Great Recession...

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 4:31 AM

Quote:
They're making a good decision to sell their land. With Bikeshare and electric scooters here in Atlanta, I can't imagine business for them is as great as it used to be. Time to cash out and move on.
i guess, it seems to be a culture thing more than a transit thing, skating is not really as popular anymore with young ppl.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturner39 View Post
Yeah definitely exciting times for Atlanta! I know the only stipulation is that the church has to have a certain number of parking spaces. Honestly, I would love a Target there or somewhere in the south part of Midtown.
It won't happen, but below that student development across from the Ponce MARTA station would be a smart and growing area for a Target.

It doesn't and won't have the people now, but with GT close and still being within walking distance of midtown in general, it could be a good location/grocery on top of it. It's really too bad the Target that was rumored at proton therapy location didn't drop in there, I'm sure that would have rushed development much more in that area of town.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:26 PM

Anybody know when GA Power is slated to move out? If my memory is serving me correctly, I was thinking it may be November timeframe? Really interested in seeing the New City proposal move forward. It will completely alter the dynamic of the EST (for the better, IMO), creating more cohesion and destinations between neighborhoods.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations