HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Crescent Heights North in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 17, 2007, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
^^^I think perhaps the "snag" you are referring to is regarding the towers up the street at Market & Van Ness, not 10th & Market. I haven't seen any problem at this site but I just posted the BizTimes article about the rezoning of the other.
i believe the superstructure permit is held up while DBI creates standards for reviewing and approving performance-based structural design - or, until the project team redesigns the structure.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
This is the part being done by non-profit developers (Tenderloin Housing Development Corporation). I suspect cost-control may have been a factor.

Yes, it's great for the neighborhood and, as someone else pointed out, with the Argenta practically across the street and SOMA Grand not so far away, it should make a big difference in that area. Now if we could just get Trinity Plaza underway.

As for Trinity, we just got drawings last week. I believe Cannon signed on to build it. Project should be kicking off in the next few weeks.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2007, 11:42 PM
BANNED

^^^I'm not sure what you mean by "kicking off" but if you mean actually turning dirt, that would be wonderful. I'm going to go ahead and start a thread on Trinity. How about keeping news about the project updated there?

Last edited by BTinSF; Apr 18, 2007 at 12:10 AM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 3:17 PM

Here is a link to a slightly different rendering of the project.
http://www.hellermanus.com/imagezoom...d=%22%24H7L%0A

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Frangelino View Post
Here is a link to a slightly different rendering of the project.
http://www.hellermanus.com/imagezoom...d=%22%24H7L%0A
here's the image from the link:

does anyone know if the demolition of the existing structures have been completed?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 2:53 AM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

^No, there is still a little bit left--a couple two-story walls (freestanding!) and a lot of one-floor high junk. But it's amazing to pass by on the trolley like I did yesterday--a formerly ugly corner is now a giant open vista (strewn, as it is, with the detritus of mediocrity in retreat). It's a bigger piece of property than the renderings make it seem, IMO.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 2:55 AM
BANNED

^^^I walked the perimeter of the site this afternoon, looking for and hoping to find a CONSTRUCTION permit posted. I didn't find one. But it looks like what's left they could knock down in a day or two though it'll take 'em longer to hawl away the debris.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:16 PM

Impact of BART tunnel

Deleted by user, posted in wrong location

Last edited by JohnInSFO; Jun 19, 2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong location

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:21 PM

BART Tunnel

Does anyone know of the possible impact of the BART tunnel that makes its may from Market St to Mission St somewhere in the vicinity of this building site if not directly under it?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:29 PM
BANNED

^^^What do you mean "the impact"? If it's under the site, I'm sure that has been considered in the planning and design to this point. Surely you're not suggesting nobody thought of that and when they do the development will come to a halt. Are you asking how they designed around it if they had to?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 10:35 PM

i'm sure a more transportation saavy member of the forum could correct me, but i believe the BART route turns from the market street subway toward the mission st subway just south of van ness station. so it may cross under the 10th and market project, but i believe the tunnel runs under one south van ness. perhaps someone here has a BART route map?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 1:24 AM

the bart tunnel is still under market street between 10th and 11th. the impact to bart will be not unlike the construction of the four seasons, but less so, since 10th & market does not have as deep of a basement.

bart will require a very careful monitoring program of the rails and supporting structures during excavation.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 2:13 PM

Vast improvement over what was there... I'm assuming the part built by the non-profit is rental housing, but is the main tower condos or rental?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2007, 5:57 PM

Condos - from the article BT posted from the Biz Times about Mid-Market development:
Quote:
Housing projects under construction include the 246-unit SoMa Grande tower at 1160 Mission St., Anka Development's 193-unit One Polk Street, and Crescent Heights' 700-unit, two-tower condo project at 10th and Market streets. And Trinity Properties finally this spring won approvals to build 1,900 units of rental housing at 1177 Market St.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 2:09 AM

Is this the tower that is going up right next to Fox Plaza? I was recently over at Civic Center and saw a tower of about 10 stories now (in construction) right next to Fox, but wasn't sure if this was it or not.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 3:20 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Is this the tower that is going up right next to Fox Plaza? I was recently over at Civic Center and saw a tower of about 10 stories now (in construction) right next to Fox, but wasn't sure if this was it or not.
No, the one across Polk Street from Fox Plaza is the Argenta, which is going to be about 17 stories. This is referring to the Crescent Heights project, across Market Street where the demolition has almost been completed next to the BofA data center.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2007, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
No, the one across Polk Street from Fox Plaza is the Argenta, which is going to be about 17 stories. This is referring to the Crescent Heights project, across Market Street where the demolition has almost been completed next to the BofA data center.
Thanks for clarifying. For some reason, I thought that Argenta was further down on Polk Street. All of these new developments have confused me a bit.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2007, 8:34 PM

Demolition Pics

Old Posted Jun 28, 2007, 9:24 PM

New Building in Neighborhood

I have lived in the Fox Plaza for 36 years on the 27th floor. I am excited about the new neighborhood we will have in the next five years.

Wind has certainly been one of my concerns. Just 3 weeks ago a large window was blown out across the street by wind in the Merchandise Mart. The Fox Plaza really moves in strong winds - I have heard my book cases creak.

The new building at 10th and Market looks good from the initial drawing. I hope the plans do not change too much in the final product. There is some concern that the low income aspect of the complex may be a negative. We really need a middle class in the neighborhood to bring sevices in what has been a ghost town at night.

As information, BART turns at Van Ness Avenue/South Van Ness Avenue. There is a ventilation structure one block from South Van Ness Avenue (on Colusa Street off Market Street). If one stands near the stucture you can hear the BART trains pass by.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
BANNED

Jerry, since you're new, look around. There are a number of threads on mid-Market, many of which I've posted because I too am interested in the area. One is http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=133567 . But there are also threads on Trinity Plaza and so on. And don't miss the Business Times article I posted on the San Francisco Mart retail project--that may benefit you and other Fox Plaza residents as much as anything going on in the neighborhood.

I don't see why there's much concern about "the low income aspect" of the 10th/Market building. As I understand it, the "affordable" component (and remember, in SF people with very middle class incomes can qualify for that) will be in the lower tower fronting Mission St. and the Market St. tower will be market rate condos. The dual structure of the building may be a problem for the people who buy into it, but not for the neighborhood.

By the way--since you live at Fox Plaza, the Business Times also hinted that Archstone could be thinking about adding a second tower (on the eastern end of the lot where the Post Office is, I assume). I hope you'll be sure to let us know of any rumblings about that you may hear.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive