HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
I noticed that the Chase bank branch in the 1-story building on the SE corner of Chicago/Clark has shuttered. I wonder if there might be some sort of plan to redevelop that corner. That'd be cool if that's the case.
My friend's landlord owned/owns that building. He didn't really know what to do with it totally so he was charging really cheap business rent for the space next to the bank space.

About 3 or so years ago I tried to get my friend to tell him about a few of the highrises that were going to be built around there, and that he should sell to a developer eventually haha. Hopefully he finally took that advice

* Check out my 2015 Chicago conversions, rehabs, and additions map at https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...k.kyJajGMvzhcE

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:35 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I agree about the neighborhood. It's like a whole new city being built/renovated before our eyes.
The scale and design language of buildings in the Fulton Market section of the West Loop strikes me as very similar to the South Lake Union part of Seattle or the Kendall Square part of Cambridge, which are also two examples of areas attracting a lot of young, successful tech companies or divisions of large companies.

Old Posted Today, 3:53 AM
Living under the L Tracks

That and the currency exchange need to be replaced. I really want a nice built up canyon of highrises to the river.

Old Posted Today, 4:02 AM
Chicago

Apple Store ~ 401 N Michigan

May 24, 2017

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development