HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 30, 2014, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
Is this sort of what's being done at the Krog St. Market? That's good, but others don't necessarily need to be that upscale.
Not everything going into Krog Street is upscale. There will be quite a few market stall type businesses, and not all of the coming restaurants are upscale by any means.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2014, 3:24 AM

Yo good to know wir arme leute can shop there too.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2014, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Yo good to know wir arme leute can shop there too.
Spreak Engrish!! I'm pretty excited about Krog Market. The house that will be the collective was owned by an old neighbor-friend and moved to the corner for this project. Looking cool

Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 4:03 PM

Old Posted Mar 31, 2014, 4:36 PM

Quote:
I would love to see a breakdown of urban/walkable retail versus suburban retail. I would wager that the urban retail is performing better. As it relates to the desire for retail in intown areas of Atlanta, these places still have far less retail per capita than the average neighborhood around the country and these areas are growing precisely because they are walkable.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:16 PM

Whatever happened to ImmoveableMedia? He used to post some great videos of construction progress on this site, but he hasn't posted for a long time. I searched for his posts, but I haven't found them. Maybe I'm spelling it wrong, but they don't seem to be out there.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2014, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newnan_Eric View Post
Whatever happened to ImmoveableMedia? He used to post some great videos of construction progress on this site, but he hasn't posted for a long time. I searched for his posts, but I haven't found them. Maybe I'm spelling it wrong, but they don't seem to be out there.
You right, we probably have to email him or something because I sent him/her a message early of last month and didn't respond.Hopefully nothing happened to him/her.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 2:59 AM

We miss you, IM!

Old Posted Apr 2, 2014, 1:23 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Anyone know when the new GA 400 / I-85 ramp is going to open?
Today.

http://www.ajc.com/gallery/news/ga-4...gCJxs/#4852874

http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/raw-g...-today/vCWhBX/

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 11:04 PM

Economic impact of TomorrowWorld: $85.1 million

http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs...ion-state-geo/

Quote:
TomorrowWorld brought its pounding beats, massive stages and enough confetti to cover the 500 acres of farmland used for the event, the results are in: $85.1 million overall economic impact on the state, with $70 million of it in Atlanta and neighboring areas – the same amount the NCAA Final Four Championship games brought to the city in 2013.

TomorrowWorld, an offshoot of the decade-old TomorrowLand EDM festival in Belgium, made its U.S. debut last year. According to the study, about 12 percent of attendees came from outside the U.S. (75 countries were represented). As for the North American fans, every state was represented in the crowd, with Georgia and Florida leading the location demographic, followed by New York and Texas and then the rest of the country.

TomorrowWorld is contracted for 10 years at the farm in Chattahoochee Hills and will return for its sophomore production at the site Sept. 26-28.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 11:39 PM

whoa, ten years! that's huge. and those numbers are huge! so great that Atlanta / Georgia will be hosting this event. Not sure i'll ever go. its expensive as crap. but great for our city/state. the more people it brings to atlanta and more recognition it gives us the better i say.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 10:49 PM

You have to sort of wonder what people attend these events.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 3:44 AM

Quote:
i'd go if i had the cash. looks like a lot of fun. camping and music in a beautiful forest with people from all over the world? sounds like fun. and they've had a lot less problems with drug overdoses and rioting and all the nonsense these sorts of festivals had back in the 90s. remember woodstock 99? this is a new era; nothing like that.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 3:48 PM

Quote:
....what?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 3:53 PM

Yeah, but you threw out the qualifier "if I had the cash". I'm wondering who in that demographic has the money to pop for a tic that costs $hundreds and the time to fly in for a couple of days and hang out....must be the trust fund babes.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 4:24 PM

edm fans? music fans in general? it's a huge festival that attracts some of the best musicians from various electronic genres. like bryant said, people come from all over the world - it might be expensive but that doesn't mean that everyone going is rich. you seem to be making so many assumptions...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 4:24 PM

Some of my friends went. Gatech students/recent grads and their friends, if that helps.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 7:34 PM

I guess I'm not involved with such purportedly swank gigs.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMustang View Post
Some of my friends went. Gatech students/recent grads and their friends, if that helps.
I'm sure people of a different age group or mindset will spend lots of money on something like TommorowWorld. I would have at one time, but I'm way past that.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2014, 10:49 PM

TomorrowWorld was awesome mostly because of the diversity of people in brought in. Like the article says, there were literally people that flew in from all over the world, but it's not alone in that regard compared to other music festivals. It's really hard to nail down a "type" of person that attends these things but generally they're fun loving and open minded, college educated, middle-upper class young people that like to dress up in costumes and listen to good music and dance their asses off! Haha... Definitely good times! Counterpoint has a better music lineup IMO and I'm looking forward to seeing the new venue this year up near Rome. It's cool that the Atlanta area is beginning to tap into the worldwide festival scene... It means we wont have to travel as far to get on groove on!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta