HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 6:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
Park Avenue site went live complete with renders. Launching in Spring 2013.
Thanks for sharing! Pretty slick website I like the rooftop decks

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 7:37 AM
Shoebox Dweller

People of Asian descent in the photos. Conspiracy! Foreign buyers! Ah!

(I thought that I would pre-empt all of that

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 9:17 AM

I've come to realize that as long as the floorplans are useful enough and there are decent amenities in the package, I can deal with the exterior shape being a concrete rectangle.

As awesome as the Wave is, I have to wonder how useful those funky balcony shapes can really be.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
Well from what I know I'm willing to bet is its the same as the original sky tower size and floor count. Its due to the fact Surrey plans if these towers werent built the size of any other proposal for that lot would have to be shorter.
What was the height and floor count that was originally approved for Skytowers?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 10:06 PM

Its on the sky tower thread

Old Posted Nov 16, 2012, 11:15 PM

it looks like something u'd expect from "vancouver", what do u expect...what can u expect? go to nyc, if u want to get a taste of culture

let's face it, there r just that many architects and ideas, u can't expect too much...even from a "world class place" like here

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 5:29 PM

Anyone get a chance to go to the Park Place owner appreciation get together in Richmond yesterday? They were apparently going to release more information on the Park Avenue development. I have family in from out of town so couldn't make it.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Anyone get a chance to go to the Park Place owner appreciation get together in Richmond yesterday? They were apparently going to release more information on the Park Avenue development. I have family in from out of town so couldn't make it.
Perhaps this is a silly questions, but why did they hold the owner appreciation event in Richmond, and not Surrey?

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
Perhaps this is a silly questions, but why did they hold the owner appreciation event in Richmond, and not Surrey?
*shrug*

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
*shrug*
right

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
richmond locals buy stuff in surrey, surrey dudes buy stuff closer to langley, overseas "rich" asians buy stuff in richmond....

rich overseas shop in the upcoming yvr outlet, surrey dudes go to guilford...and rest of the canadians, stay out of vancouver while rich guys take their boats and their pretty little girlfriends, and do their shits in english bay, babe...

revolution is necessary.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

I would venture it's because Concord has an exisiting showroom already built in Richmond that is available for use. The one in Richmond is quite large and also closer to Surrey then the Vancouver showroom. Was the event at their showroom?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
I would venture it's because Concord has an exisiting showroom already built in Richmond that is available for use. The one in Richmond is quite large and also closer to Surrey then the Vancouver showroom. Was the event at their showroom?
That's the reason, yes. I went to the party. I got there just as the doors opened so I got to look around before the real crush of people hit.

All in all , pretty much what we expected. Smaller suites with more per floor. I don't have the brochure in front of me, but I can tell you the 1 bedrooms start at around 450 sqft and the 2 bedrooms come in two sizes: 650 sqft and 780 sqft. Pity.

The good news is that Concord didn't follow Ultra's example and priced the units very effectively. The larger 2 bedroom plan starts at $316,900 and tops out at $350,000s. I don't have the plans or pricing for the "exclusive" suites starting on Floor 41 yet but I should have an idea in the next few weeks.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:26 PM

Good to know. Any 3 bedroom townhouses within the project like the old? That's more what I'm interested in and pricing thoughts. Last time I talked to them they said "there should be" but that's as direct as they would answer my question and pricing was still "affordable" whatever that means.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Good to know. Any 3 bedroom townhouses within the project like the old? That's more what I'm interested in and pricing thoughts. Last time I talked to them they said "there should be" but that's as direct as they would answer my question and pricing was still "affordable" whatever that means.
Doesn't look like it, no. And I have nothing but praise for the price point that Concord set for this project. It's very affordable for those of that aren't swimming in offshore money.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 6:35 PM

cleientele/tenants in Park Place?

trying to rent a place there for work(walk to work)+commute half of wk to Langley to work.
building looks ok on the outside.
What about the inside,mostly students? SFU, ethnic mix typical of GVR or different?
Law and order?
24 hour concierge really 24 hours 1/Building or one guard shared between few buildings in daytime only?

Any blocked toilets still from blocked toilet drainage ?

thank you for your advice re living condition inside these Skyscrapers?

Old Posted Dec 7, 2012, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainpen View Post
trying to rent a place there for work(walk to work)+commute half of wk to Langley to work.
building looks ok on the outside.
What about the inside,mostly students? SFU, ethnic mix typical of GVR or different?
Law and order?
24 hour concierge really 24 hours 1/Building or one guard shared between few buildings in daytime only?

Any blocked toilets still from blocked toilet drainage ?

thank you for your advice re living condition inside these Skyscrapers?
It's all good. More responsible mix of folks than other towers around here. No false fire alarms of prostitutes in the underground parking, stories I've ever from other places. There's some ethnic families, older Asians, some young rowdies. I swear half the building is empty. It's pretty quiet. Concierge is based on tower two, but they check around from time to time. Amenities are free which is nice. Thin walls for a concrete building, at least between units.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2012, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryHolmes View Post
Smaller suites with more per floor. I don't have the brochure in front of me, but I can tell you the 1 bedrooms start at around 450 sqft and the 2 bedrooms come in two sizes: 650 sqft and 780 sqft. Pity.
450 SQ FT? I can see that for Burnaby or Vancouver but Surrey? Looks like they want to keep the costs down.

650 sq ft for a 2 bedroom? Wasn't too long ago when you can get a large 1 bedroom in downtown built by Concord at almost the same size!

Old Posted Dec 9, 2012, 9:06 PM

In 2004 I was designing 4 storey C2 projects in East Van with 780sf two-bedroom units, and I thought they were cramped then. With 640 square feet, one of the "bedrooms" is probably a windowless den.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeowner View Post
450 SQ FT? I can see that for Burnaby or Vancouver but Surrey? Looks like they want to keep the costs down.

650 sq ft for a 2 bedroom? Wasn't too long ago when you can get a large 1 bedroom in downtown built by Concord at almost the same size!
I have the price sheet in front of me, detailing the various sizes:

1 Bedroom: 446 sqft + 96 sqft deck.
512-15 + 55 sqft deck.
538 sqft + 58 sqft deck.

2 Bedroom: 655 sqft + 120 sqft deck
785 sqft + 102 sqft deck.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley