HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 7:08 PM

127 Holmes rendering. Will have two restaurants (one is an Italian restaurant called Retaggio), a rooftop bar and terrace, and office space.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 11:45 PM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
127 Holmes rendering. Will have two restaurants (one is an Italian restaurant called Retaggio), a rooftop bar and terrace, and office space.

Russel Erskine there in the background, The Avenue is directly in front.
Existing non descript house looking building will be demolished

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 7:48 PM

Metro Diner restaurant will open in Madison

The Madison location will open this winter at 7620 U.S. Highway 72. It'll occupy 3,800 square feet.

I'm pretty sure it's that large construction site to the right of ALDI and north of 72, which means, Metro Diner in Madison is being built from scratch (probably faster than bringing an existing building up to code).

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 3:28 PM

Another Publix in Madison?

Publix may be coming to the old Kroger location on Hughes/Browns Ferry in Madison.

I really wanted a Trader Joe's there

This means Publix will be located less than half a mile from a new Kroger built on Wal Triana.

http://www.waff.com/story/36143053/p...madison-kroger

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 3:41 AM

Luxury Apartment Development Coming to Bridge Street

Great residential addition to the popular outdoor mall will be named "Watermark at Bridge Street Town Centre," and it is being developed by Indianapolis-based Watermark Residential.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
Great residential addition to the popular outdoor mall will be named "Watermark at Bridge Street Town Centre," and it is being developed by Indianapolis-based Watermark Residential.

Too bad this is not downtown. Never-the-less, it is good news for Huntsville.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsvillefan View Post
Too bad this is not downtown. Never-the-less, it is good news for Huntsville.
Just looking at it, it doesn't excite me to want to move there. Seems like an assisted living place or a big more dressed up version of that bland hotel behind the VBC.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saj07 View Post
Just looking at it, it doesn't excite me to want to move there. Seems like an assisted living place or a big more dressed up version of that bland hotel behind the VBC.
This is the current style of urban apartments which are 4 to 6 stories tall, often with an interior parking garage which is not visible from the street. Restaurants, and stores are often within a short walk of these apartment developments.

It seems that Miller Capital, the owners of Bridge Street, believed that they needed to add a residential component in order to compete with all of the other mixed use developments - The Village of Providence, Mid City Huntsville, City Centre, and Town Madison all of which boast having some form of apartment dwellings.

Almost all of the new apartments being built seem to cater to the high end. If all of the proposed area projects pan out (the 4,000 plus FBI jobs at the Arsenal, Blue Origin at Research Park, the possible Toyota/Mazda plant on the TVA Megasite in Limestone County) then they shouldn't have any trouble leasing them. However, if none of these projects happen, the owners will have trouble getting rents approaching $1,000 a month for a one bedroom and rents overall will fall.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2017, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
It seems that Miller Capital, the owners of Bridge Street, believed that they needed to add a residential component in order to compete with all of the other mixed use developments - The Village of Providence, Mid City Huntsville, City Centre, and Town Madison all of which boast having some form of apartment dwellings.
There were always apartments planned for the corner lot behind Toys R Us from the very beginning.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Cmon, assisted living doesn't look that good lol it's obvious that they want a head start on all the other new developments Apartments.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 2:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSHSV View Post
Cmon, assisted living doesn't look that good lol it's obvious that they want a head start on all the other new developments Apartments.
Doesn't look too far off from other modern assisted living facilities:

http://www.renaissanceverobeach.com/...-construction/ and http://legacysl.net/assets/13021-Ver...treet-View.jpg

https://shawneemissionpost.com/2016/...and-park-58475

Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 7:45 AM

Quote:

We don't have those here. That was my point.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 12:17 AM

does anyone know what is happening at church and monroe st? the land is being cleared but i have not heard anything from the forum or in the news.. ( at least i dont think)

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownhsvguy View Post
does anyone know what is happening at church and monroe st? the land is being cleared but i have not heard anything from the forum or in the news.. ( at least i dont think)
It's not the 127 Holmes project with the Italian restaurant from the top of page 364 is it?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 8:48 PM

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...default-widget

Crunkelton/Triad's proposed replacement for city hall could consist of two towers. The tallest at 17 stories and the second at 11 with a third tower coming in at 6 stories in a later phase. This development mixed with a new city hall has the potential to completely change Huntsville's skyline (or lack thereof).

Sadly the letter of intent allows for a minimum of 10 and 4 stories for the project. Which in most cases would still be a great development for downtown, but not after they dangle the prospect of 17.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
It's not the 127 Holmes project with the Italian restaurant from the top of page 364 is it?
no.. this is on the north side of the avenues.. they have the land cleared already with a construction trailer.. i will try to grab a pic of it this weekend.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 2:33 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownhsvguy View Post
no.. this is on the north side of the avenues.. they have the land cleared already with a construction trailer.. i will try to grab a pic of it this weekend.
it may be an expansion of the church

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 2:34 AM
America's Mars Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallty View Post
http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/in...default-widget

Crunkelton/Triad's proposed replacement for city hall could consist of two towers. The tallest at 17 stories and the second at 11 with a third tower coming in at 6 stories in a later phase. This development mixed with a new city hall has the potential to completely change Huntsville's skyline (or lack thereof).

Sadly the letter of intent allows for a minimum of 10 and 4 stories for the project. Which in most cases would still be a great development for downtown, but not after they dangle the prospect of 17.
sounds great but would like to see other developers come to the table.
I fear the architecture will be boring and predictable

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger View Post
Seems like they are the only game in town... Good Ol' Boy Network in action?

Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVTiger View Post
Each major project downtown has been lead by different developers. The Sealys, Bristol, RCP, and Mcclain (kind of). Crunkelton to this point has only ever done small projects or been in charge of leasing retail at these developments. Triad did build the awful office building at Twickenham though...Crunkelton seems to have pretty decent style so I am holding off judgement until we get a rendering.

The lack of great architecture is due to the city not demanding it. There should be an architecture review committee for projects like these. I've heard these are illegal in Alabama, but Birmingham somehow has one that is fairly strict.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast