HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 4:56 PM
What could go wrong?

Winnipeg Jets

....things should be spelled properly if they are thread titles.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Winnipeg Jets

....things should be spelled properly if they are thread titles.
It's trivial, but things should always be spelled properly.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 5:52 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

My son is in CreCom. One spelling or grammar mistake in an assignment or project - zero.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 5:54 PM

And the fact that the G in WpG is capitalized makes it look even more bush-league...

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 6:08 PM
DRINK

I suppose it's better than WpG J3TZ.

You should PimP out th zamboni with dubs yo! holla

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 6:09 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanscott View Post
It's trivial, but things should always be spelled properly.

I agree, i guess i was trying to cut him some slack here. What i should have said was....things should be spelled properly, especially if they are thread titles.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I agree, i guess i was trying to cut him some slack here. What i should have said was....things should be spelled properly, especially if they are thread titles.
Perhaps people will now see just how frustrating it can be to read posts (and thread titles) that include spelling, grammar and/punctuation mistakes.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2011, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
I suppose it's better than WpG J3TZ.
Could be really geeky instead. wþg J€†§

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 1:04 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

getting mad at me for not changing something when i'm at work nice....... i work 12hrs a day chill out guys

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
getting mad at me for not changing something when i'm at work nice....... i work 12hrs a day chill out guys
Pretty sure people are more dissapointed about originally making it 'WpG Jets' than anything.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 5:10 AM

...I'll go on record as saying I really wish Buff played upfront. He'd be awesome as a power forward. This Buff-on-D experiment is becoming gross. He is positionally unsound, and is only really a terror when carrying the puck into the zone. Paying $5,000,000+ for a an own-zone liability and a heavy point shot is not good value. He's been wretched since the All-Star break last year on D. I'd prefer him as a second line power forward. He'd still be overpaid, but at least we would have a much better chance of getting some real use out of him. Not to mention we would free up a spot on D, to call up Postma, who truthfully deserves to be in the show. His point shot is all kinds of nice, too.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 6:29 AM

Just wondering if all jets player found places to live yet. I heard Schieflie was still living in a hotel and Kane's place has no cabinets....
not to sound like a stalker, but wondering if high end homes for sale are now being rented out instead?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 4:00 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49 View Post
Just wondering if all jets player found places to live yet. I heard Schieflie was still living in a hotel and Kane's place has no cabinets....
not to sound like a stalker, but wondering if high end homes for sale are now being rented out instead?
I'm not meaning to come off as an ass here but i believe Winnipeg has a few more than 25 high end homes for sale.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 4:03 PM
surely you agree with me

the problem for the players is that they dont want to buy homes, they want to rent....the high end rental market is pretty tight in winnipeg.

for that matter, the rental market of any kind is pretty tight.

6 of them live in the residences on yourk.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49 View Post
I heard Schieflie was still living in a hotel
Just as well. I predict he'll be back to the minors very soon, if only to build his confidence level. He didn't look like he belonged in the NHL last night.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
the problem for the players is that they dont want to buy homes, they want to rent....the high end rental market is pretty tight in winnipeg.

for that matter, the rental market of any kind is pretty tight.

6 of them live in the residences on yourk.
This is exactly it. This isn't the NBA where players a lot of players are making $5 - $10 M a year. The average Jet is making closer to $2 M (not that this is chump change or anything). However, with half the team being young guys and minor league type guys, I don't expect many to be dropping half a year's salary on a house in a city they aren't guaranteed to live in for very long (i.e. they could be sent down to the minors; they don't have families yet so won't nec. settle here; most will only live here 6 months a year, so who's going to rent their million dollar home in the off-season, etc.)...

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Just as well. I predict he'll be back to the minors very soon, if only to build his confidence level. He didn't look like he belonged in the NHL last night.
He has nine games if I read correctly in the NHL before the Jets have to decide. If we play him for a 10th game then they lose one season on his contract.

"Lose" in the sense that this year would count as a contract year. If he goes back to the minors before the 10th game, then his first contract year starts when he returns (presumably next season).

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 5:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
He has nine games if I read correctly in the NHL before the Jets have to decide. If we play him for a 10th game then they lose one season on his contract.

"Lose" in the sense that this year would count as a contract year. If he goes back to the minors before the 10th game, then his first contract year starts when he returns (presumably next season).
^That's correct. I hope the do send him down - it's essentially a win-win-win. The kid gets to develop for another year in juniors under a good coach while getting max playing time; the Jets will get this potential star for an extra year at an entry level salary; and, the fans will have something to look forward to next year...

Old Posted Oct 14, 2011, 7:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Scheifele has as many points as any of the players on the so-called top line with about 1/4 of the minutes and not playing the PP. Kane has yet to get a point and it's his third year in the league. Putting Scheff on 3rd and 4th line duty with 10 minutes a game is doing little for his career.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2011, 12:15 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/cabbiepresents/

Some of the Jets talking about the housing situation with Cabbie.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan