HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 26, 2008, 6:10 PM
Squint Like Clint

Sweet!!! According to HAIF it will be an all-glass LEED Gold-Certified building. I'll be looking forward to some more renderings.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 5:06 AM

Here are two new views of FKP project's in Houston's Texas Medical Center.

The 8 story addition to the Feigin Research Center at Texas Children's Hospital (total of 20 floors)

The new Texas Children's Hospital Maternity Center. This project appears to be 16 floors according to their website, however some of that might be underground parking? The rendering appears to show 14 floors above ground but the text on their website says 16 floors... anyone know for sure? Future expansion will add twin 28 story towers and an additional 2,000,000 square feet!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 5:48 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Here are two new views of FKP project's in Houston's Texas Medical Center.

The 8 story addition to the Feigin Research Center at Texas Children's Hospital (total of 20 floors)

The new Texas Children's Hospital Maternity Center. This project appears to be 16 floors according to their website, however some of that might be underground parking? The rendering appears to show 14 floors above ground but the text on their website says 16 floors... anyone know for sure? Future expansion will add twin 28 story towers and an additional 2,000,000 square feet!
The Feigin Tower now sticks out in the skyline from the south/southwest and I'm impressed how well the expansion has panned out, at least from the outside. Next time I'm walking in the area, I'll take a few photos.

As for the Maternity component, I'm going to guess that one side's site hasn't been updated in a while. That said, I'm not actually certain and I've not heard of the 2 28 story towers before. I can see where they might go nearby, though they are rather tight pieces of land.

Last edited by Wattleigh; Jun 28, 2008 at 7:39 PM. Reason: corrected direction

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 5:48 AM
Meh

^ I like that 8-story building very much.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 6:05 AM

It's pretty damn badass.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 1:25 PM

Can anyone explain why this may be...

According to HAIF, Discovery Tower is going to cost $300 million, yet also according to HAIF, Williams Tower and its garage sold for $271.5 million this year.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/...very_Tower.php
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/...iams_Tower.php

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 4:31 PM

The 28 story twins for the Texas Children's came on FKP's website. Said the current Maternity Center was being built to be able to accomodate future twin towers. One tower would house maternity and the other pediatric care.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 4:35 PM

Here are two new views of WHR Architects projects for the Methodist Hospital at the TMC.

Outpatient Care Center. 25 stories. HUGE. Here's a cool view that I haven't seen before...

Methodist Hospital Research Institute. This one was announced as being 10 stories above ground, but the rendering and WHR's website now say 12 floors above ground. If so, it's another one for emporis to add!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 4:50 PM
Ex Houstonian

Man, the medical district is getting more towers than anywhere in Houston, soon it will be competing with downtown. i love it!

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 7:23 PM
Squint Like Clint

I really like the design of the Methodist Outpatient Center, and it is big no doubt! BTW, check out the link below for an apparent re-design of the Texas Children's Neuro Institute. It has a really cool "twisting" design on one corner of the building (I would post the pic myself but don't have a photobucket account, flickr, etc.)

Here's the link:

http://www.texaschildrens.org/Web/2010/01Neuro.htm

Old Posted Jun 28, 2008, 7:59 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Methodist Hospital Research Institute. This one was announced as being 10 stories above ground, but the rendering and WHR's website now say 12 floors above ground. If so, it's another one for emporis to add!
Added!

Also, here is the Jan & Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute that tuffaso mentioned.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 5:41 AM

Here are the first renderings I have seen for 3800 Main Street. This is a medical tower being proposed for Midtown near Main @ Alabama. Plans call for a 20 story, 570,000 square foot tower and a detached multi-level garage for 1,500 cars. Studio Red is the architectural firm of record.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 5:51 AM
Meh

Very nice designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
^ I like that 8-story building very much.
I meant the building with the 8-story addition of course.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 7:10 AM

Wow, looks like the TMC is moving towards the 21st century with their designs. I absolutely love the future neurological research institute, it perfectly fits in the with the whole "neurological" theme in my opinion with the twisting front.

I didn't know there was a medical tower being planned for Midtown, I'm pretty excited to hear this. However, I feel that building might stick out like "a sore thumb" all by itself in between Downtown and TMC. Also, what's the building below the pic of the proposed Midtown medical tower?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 7:13 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis4559 View Post
Can anyone explain why this may be...

According to HAIF, Discovery Tower is going to cost $300 million, yet also according to HAIF, Williams Tower and its garage sold for $271.5 million this year.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/...very_Tower.php
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/...iams_Tower.php
it usually costs more to build than it is to buy an existing building becuase of the costs that go with construction.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 7:44 AM
Baryonic Lord

whoa... where did that ring/cirlce skywalk/way come from? eh?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 7:52 AM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Here are the first renderings I have seen for 3800 Main Street. This is a medical tower being proposed for Midtown near Main @ Alabama. Plans call for a 20 story, 570,000 square foot tower and a detached multi-level garage for 1,500 cars. Studio Red is the architectural firm of record.

I remember this from a year or two ago. I'm glad it's back.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 9:10 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Here are the first renderings I have seen for 3800 Main Street. This is a medical tower being proposed for Midtown near Main @ Alabama. Plans call for a 20 story, 570,000 square foot tower and a detached multi-level garage for 1,500 cars. Studio Red is the architectural firm of record
I'm impressed not only with the look of things, but also for the fact they're going with an architect based in Midtown. Nice to use the local folks when possible. Plus with this going in and the pieces of land to potentially be developed on the superblock and near the Continental Club, there could be a lot to keep an eye on in the future.

Any idea on the timetable in terms of construction/completion? The Chronicle article from last year said some time in '09, but I don't see that happening at the moment.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 5:40 PM
H-town Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post
Wow, looks like the TMC is moving towards the 21st century with their designs. I absolutely love the future neurological research institute, it perfectly fits in the with the whole "neurological" theme in my opinion with the twisting front.

I didn't know there was a medical tower being planned for Midtown, I'm pretty excited to hear this. However, I feel that building might stick out like "a sore thumb" all by itself in between Downtown and TMC. Also, what's the building below the pic of the proposed Midtown medical tower?
There's a parking tower proposed to go with the Midtown medical tower. Early speculation is that it will be situated on the lot west of the medical tower on Alabama (Alabama @ Travis), right next to Spur 527.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2008, 7:03 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
I'm impressed not only with the look of things, but also for the fact they're going with an architect based in Midtown. Nice to use the local folks when possible. Plus with this going in and the pieces of land to potentially be developed on the superblock and near the Continental Club, there could be a lot to keep an eye on in the future.

Any idea on the timetable in terms of construction/completion? The Chronicle article from last year said some time in '09, but I don't see that happening at the moment.
Right now anything sticking out like a sore thumb in midtown would be good. I t would add the vibrancy, density, and the skyline....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations