HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 5:43 PM

Let me add my thanks for the epic amount of editing work, mirdyi. Great work, and as the others say, it's fantastic to see all of these projects listed together. What a list!

Even if half those proposals never come to fruition, we've got a ton of great things in the offing here. We're a lucky city, compared to many others.

I'll now return to performing my shamanistic dance to hasten the arrival of 505 and Sheet Music.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 8:50 PM

^Thanks!

I just added recently completed projects to the list also so it's quite a bit longer now...

Oh and speaking of "Sheet Music".......

SoBro building in Sheet Music footprint to be razed
http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postb...nt_to_be_razed
Quote:
The SoBro building last home to Music City Coin is slated to be demolished to accommodate a Premier Parking lot.

Metro has issued a $13,000 permit, with Demo Plus Inc. to handle the job. The address is 200 Fourth Ave. S., and Demonbreun Street runs along the site's north perimeter. (See image below courtesy of Google Maps.)

The parcel on which the green brick building sits is part of a larger site on which Giarratana Development wants to build mixed-use skyscraper Sheet Music. Giarratana founder Tony Giarratana co-owns Premier Parking with Ryan Chapman, the parking company’s president.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 9:36 PM

Yet another residential development proposed, this one on Charlotte at 46th:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...parks-optimism

Hopefully this will have some kind of ground-level retail, which is just what that site needs. Seems a waste if it's residential-only.

I'm very pleased with the momentum of (re-)development along Charlotte these days. All the way from White Bridge to downtown, things are really starting to pop up. A number of retail developments are supposedly in the works, plus the Sheds office spaces, new Climb Nashville facility, new public health office building, and others... Not to mention OneC1ty and the North Gulch developments noted earlier. That's a lot of stuff! With the cascade of economic effects these will all have, the entire length of Charlotte should look radically different in five years' time.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 11:22 PM
Nashville born and raised

Residential Development Only

A city official was recently quoted as saying they expect up to 30.000 people to move to Nashville...THIS YEAR. And most of them will be millennials as Nashville is one of the top destination cities for this demographic. So where will they live? See below...

RECENTLY COMPLETED

700 Wedgewood

Note 16 on Music Row

Ryman Lofts – Rolling Hill Mill

Village Row at Wedgewood – Hillsboro Village

Elliston 23 in Midtown

Pine Street Flats – The Gulch

East River Place

Bell Mid-town

Germantown Vista

Midtown Place

Park 30

Gatewood Workforce Housing

11 North – Gulch

3rd and Chestnut

Park Central – Midtown

West End Village

12 South Flats

12 South Lofts

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Melrose Apartments on Franklin Road

1505 Demonbruen Lofts

2300 at Berry Hill
[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../Renderings/23
Hundred-at-Berry-Hill-2-300x200.jpg[/IMG]

The Flats at Taylor Place in Germantown

Village Green Apartments

Twelve/Twelve in the Gulch

2151 at 24th and Acklen

PROPOSED (LIKELY TO START THIS YEAR)

Buckingham Project – Midtown (16 Floors)

The SoBro (32 floors)

909 Flats on Rosa Parks

1515 Demonbruen – Music Row (17 Floors)

Southern Lands Project in Green Hills (16 floors)

New Ballpark and Associated Apartment Development

22nd and State – Midtown

Crescent Apartments on Division

1818 Church Street - Midtown

PROPOSED BUT LONGER RANGE

The Manning in Belle Meade

Office Building Conversion to Apartments on Music Row

Northwest Mutual Mixed Use Project

5th and Church – Downtown – (62 stories)

1708 19th Ave South

Workforce Housing on Jefferson Street

Chapel Lofts

These places fill up as soon as they are completed. Developers are falling all over each other to put together properties and often start construction within a couple of months after announcing plans.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 2:17 AM

H.G. Hill gets permit for Hillsboro Village mixed-use project
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...hillsboro.html

Quote:
H.G. Hill Realty Co.'s planned mixed-use development in Hillsboro Village, Hill Center Acklen, has received a construction permit.

The permit is to construct the shell of the planned U-shaped building at 2100 Acklen Ave. and to finish out 42 apartments, which will join 8,528 square feet of retail space and 4,192 square feet of restaurant space, along with a 118-space parking garage.
Quote:
A retail strip was demolished to make way for the project. Crews held a ceremonial groundbreaking in May, and the project was anticipated to be complete in fall 2014, according to a May news release. But little has occurred on the site since May. Amy Kovar, a spokeswoman for H.G. Hill, said concrete testing has taken place on the site.
Quote:
"We look forward to offering a quality development that complements Hillsboro Village’s eclectic feel," Jimmy Granbery, CEO of H.G. Hill Realty Co., said in the release. "The mixed-use design provides retail options while also expanding the residential base and available parking."

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthRocker View Post
Yet another residential development proposed, this one on Charlotte at 46th:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post

A city official was recently quoted as saying they expect up to 30.000 people to move to Nashville...THIS YEAR. And most of them will be millennials as Nashville is one of the top destination cities for this demographic.
As fast as development and population growth is happening here, I'm hoping we start to see a lot more large scale projects popping up and some with some decent height too. The small and medium sized projects are great and plentyful, but I'm ready to see multiple talls going up at once...

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 5:27 AM

I didn't see the quote or who said it, but 30,000 would be right on the money for the expected metro growth, not the city alone. 30,000 for the city would be about a 300-400% uptick in current annual growth.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 3:18 PM

There was an article a couple weeks ago that said an average of 80 people a day are moving to Nashville. If that's the case that's pretty close to 30k people a year. 26,880 actually. Of course that's not taking into consideration on how many people actually leave Nasvhille either, but still very positive numbers none the less.

In other news...Peabody hotels is scouting Nashville

Peabody ducks could soon call a Nashville hotel home
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...soon-call.html

Quote:
The owner of the Peabody hotel brand has put Nashville on its short list of new markets.

The Tennessean reports that Memphis-based Belz Enterprises, which launched Peabody Hotels & Resorts this week, is looking for an existing Nashville luxury hotel to place under the Peabody flag.
Quote:
"It's a city that we've wanted to come into for a long time," Doug Brown, president of Peabody Hotels & Resorts, told The Tennessean.

According to The Tennessean, a rebranded hotel would have to adhere to Peabody's standards and traditions, including its iconic resident ducks.
Kinda disappointed that they are looking for an existing hotel to rebrand though. I guess if they do come here it's not looking like a new tower will come of it unfortunately.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 3:17 AM

I sometimes hate reading these threads with proposed projects, especially the long term projects because I get so excited and then we realize that most of these projects never make it past someone's dream. That being said, I think Nashville is in position to see it's most phenomenal growth ever. So, hope to see all of these proposals, big and small come to fruition. I'm a lover of skyscrapers so I truly hope that every 30+ story proposed get's built. I would love to see the Westin, Four Seasons, Sheet Music, SoBro and the mix use 62 story building built. I am so anxious for Nashville to finally break that 30 story height mode it's been in since, well forever. I truly hope that taller buildings will be built outside of downtown. It would be great to see taller buildings in mid-town, Metro Center and I still hope developers will start eyeing the east bank and transform the area along the entire stretch of the east bank of the cumberland river inside the loop. It's time to shift that industrial zone elsewhere.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
I sometimes hate reading these threads with proposed projects, especially the long term projects because I get so excited and then we realize that most of these projects never make it past someone's dream. That being said, I think Nashville is in position to see it's most phenomenal growth ever. So, hope to see all of these proposals, big and small come to fruition. I'm a lover of skyscrapers so I truly hope that every 30+ story proposed get's built. I would love to see the Westin, Four Seasons, Sheet Music, SoBro and the mix use 62 story building built. I am so anxious for Nashville to finally break that 30 story height mode it's been in since, well forever. I truly hope that taller buildings will be built outside of downtown. It would be great to see taller buildings in mid-town, Metro Center and I still hope developers will start eyeing the east bank and transform the area along the entire stretch of the east bank of the cumberland river inside the loop. It's time to shift that industrial zone elsewhere.

I couldn't agree with this more. Every time I drive up I65/I24 and see PSC Metals and all the other industrial buildings along the East bank it totally ruins the view and really detracts from the skyline. It just makes the city look trashy. At the least I wish the city would focus more on relocating PSC Metals as that would make a huge improvement.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 11:50 PM

The 280-unit luxury apartment/mixed-use building planned by Charlotte N.C based developer Crescent Communities (located on the 1300 block of Division Street) seem's to be moving forward. Core drilling has recently taken place at the site, and DWC Construction Co. (currently occupying one of the buildings on the site) is preparing to move.

DWC preps to move as Division Street project looms
http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postb..._project_looms
Quote:
To make way for a proposed mixed-use project, Nashville-based DWC Construction Co. is preparing to leave the Division Street building from which it has operated since 1948.
Quote:
Charlotte, N.C.-based developer Crescent Communities (via its Crescent Acquisitions LLC) is planning a 280-unit luxury apartment and retail building to be located within a portion of the 1300 block of Division Street between The Gulch and the Music Row Roundabout. Core drilling for environmental samples recently took place at the site, which is home to five buildings and five businesses.
Here is the location of the proposed project.

Also, here is another proposed mixed-use project for East Nashville announced today. Information is behind the paywall so no details on this one yet.

Mixed-use project targeted for East side's Main Street
"Development to feature condos, retail space"

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/1...es_main_street

Old Posted Jan 25, 2014, 12:35 AM

Yet another step forward for the proposed 30 story Westin hotel...This project definitely sounds to be into the development stages and we could be seeing a render very soon.

SoBro company within Westin footprint to move Jan. 31
"Carpenter Wright Engineers is working on looming hotel project"

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/1...to_move_jan_31
Quote:
The company serving as structural engineer for a planned Westin hotel — and that has long operated from a building located within the hotel’s future footprint — is slated to move from its SoBro home on Jan. 31.

Carpenter Wright Engineers, PLLC, will move its 20 employees to the BNA Corporate Center located at 404 BNA Drive near the Briley Parkway and Interstate 40 exchange, according to David R. Wright, the company’s senior principal.
Quote:
The Carpenter Wright Engineers move comes as Nashville Hospitality Capital LLC, a development group led by New York-based real estate investor Kevin Fee, prepares to develop the aforementioned Westin.

“We’ve enjoyed being in downtown Nashville but we’re excited about what is happening on the [SoBro] property that we have sold and are excited about moving to this new office location,” Wright said.
Quote:
The more than 30,000-square-foot site accommodates a low-rise office building that houses Carpenter Wright Engineers (which sold its site for $4.85 million) and Bullock Smith & Partners, an architecture, planning and landscape architecture company with ties to CWE. In addition, the site includes a vacant building located at 312 Ninth Ave. S.

Relatedly, Nashville Hospitality Capital reportedly is in the process of purchasing the property once home to both a Cokesbury book store and surface parking lots. That site is positioned east of the Clark Avenue Partnership Building and runs along Clark Place and Eighth.
Quote:
Once fully assembled, the Westin site will be bordered by Eighth Avenue on the east, Clark on the north, Ninth Avenue on the west and, on the south, a building that houses Dismas Charities and that fronts Lea Avenue. The hotel will partially address the Music City Center Roundabout. (See image below, courtesy of Google Maps, for orientation.)

Carpenter Wright Engineers is working with the development team on the hotel. Wright deferred questions to Fee, who could not be reached for comment.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 12:06 AM

Here is an awesome little infill project planned in Sobro that's going to replace an existing parking lot. The developer anticipates a second quarter ground breaking.

New restaurant, venue space coming to downtown
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...town-site.html

Craft beer bar coming to Charlotte Avenue
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...rlott-ave.html

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 5:51 PM

Big announcement on the jobs front today! Beretta USA plans to build a $45M state-of-the-art firearms manufacturing and R&D facility that will bring 300+ jobs to the Gallatin/Nashville area.

Beretta bringing R&D, manufacturing facility to Gallatin
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...html#undefined

Quote:
Gunmaker Beretta USA plans to build a $45 million manufacturing and research and development facility in Gallatin, company and state officials announced today.

The new facility will initially create 300 jobs.

Gov. Bill Haslam said the project will be a "state-of-the-art firearms manufacturing and R&D facility." The plant will be located in the Gallatin Industrial Park.
Quote:
Beretta supplies quality sporting and self-defense firearms to consumers worldwide. The company manufactures the U.S. Armed Forces M-9 pistol, the standard sidearm of U.S. soldiers since 1985.

Jeff Reh, a member of Beretta USA's board, said Tennessee's reputation as a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights played a role in landing the facility, a line that drew applause during today's announcement. Beretta also operates a plant in Maryland, which recently passed stricter gun laws.
Quote:
Beretta initially started with a potential list of seven states, including 80 individual locations.

The following are excerpts from today's news release:

“From the moment when we started to consider a location outside of the State of Maryland for our manufacturing expansion, Governor Haslam and his economic development team did an excellent job demonstrating the benefits of doing business in Tennessee. We are convinced we could find no better place than Tennessee to establish our new manufacturing enterprise. We look forward to building operations here and being part of your community for many years to come,” said Franco Gussalli Beretta, executive vice-president and a director of Beretta U.S.A. Corp.

The company is expected to complete construction on the facility this year and will make firearms at the new Gallatin plant for both their sporting and tactical product lines.
Quote:
“Today’s significant announcement by Beretta USA is a historic moment for the state of Tennessee, the Haslam administration and our department,” ECD Commissioner Bill Hagerty said. “Beretta is one of the strongest brands in the world. Tennessee’s global reputation for manufacturing in an artisan tradition means we are able to attract companies like Beretta, with a proven commitment to excellence. Tennessee continues to earn global accolades for our business climate, and we boast the best balance sheet in the nation. I appreciate Beretta’s decision to locate in Tennessee, and we look forward to a partnership that will last centuries.”

“When Beretta chooses a location for its business, we start with the possibility that we will be in that location for decades, if not hundreds of years, to come. We move forward with confidence knowing that Tennessee is a great place to do business. We look forward to our opportunities here and we look forward to working side-by-side with our new Tennessee neighbors,” said Jeff Reh, a member of Beretta USA Corp.’s Board of Directors.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 3:32 PM

Buckingham Apartments/Hotel to begin soon (16 stories, 170')

From the Sunday Tennessean/USA Today, some encouraging news about the upcoming start for the project...

Getahn Ward interviewed Michael Rankin, the CEO of the Crain Company which is contracted to build the development.

Quote:
Crain Construction president sees lots of opportunity in booming Nashville market

(Ward), "What’s the timeline for construction?"

(Rankin) "Within the next two months, you’ll see underground utility work begin. Just imagine what’s underneath the road and the right-of-way at that intersection of Broadway and 21st. It is a spider web. A lot of that has to be moved, and there’s some overhead lines that are going to have to be moved so that we can go vertical. Then, you’ll also see demolition and site excavation follow right behind, and then we’ll roll right into going vertical. The components of the project have not changed. The mixed-use building will be (nearly) 800,000 square feet. There will still be about 350 apartment units, about 180 hotel rooms, a 1,250-space parking garage and then ground-floor retail. The retail will have more than likely some sort of grocery component and restaurants and who knows — they’re still working out those details."

Looks like this one is indeed a go! This will really help to transform mid-town with it's massing and volume.

It will restrict Taylor Swift's view from the Adelicia penthouse, though.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2014, 3:35 PM

Poor Taylor. Guess she'll just have to go back to writing about her ex-boyfriends.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2014, 5:38 AM

An update of Nashville Development news from the last couple of weeks that hasn't been posted here. It's my own little fake newspaper, so use as you see fit!

Last edited by MidTenn1; Feb 18, 2014 at 6:07 AM.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2014, 7:03 PM

Page 3 of my fake newspaper!

Old Posted Feb 23, 2014, 7:55 PM

Loving your "newspaper." I'm hoping the Buckingham development lands a W Hotel. W seems like a great fit for Nashville. I'm just not sure we would land one without even having a Westin built (yet).

Old Posted Feb 24, 2014, 4:24 PM

The fake newspaper is great, MidTenn1. It's a little hard to read -- I'm not able to enlarge the image enough for the text to be easily legible -- but if I squint hard I can manage it.

That new rendering of Buckingham is a huge improvement. I'm glad it's being built in any case, for economic and neighborhood renewal reasons, but now it will look decent, too.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations