HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 6:01 PM

Although, apparently Tucson feels it has a chance to get Amazon.

Tucson woos Amazon with a 21-foot saguaro

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 4:48 PM

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick S View Post
Although, apparently Tucson feels it has a chance to get Amazon.

Tucson woos Amazon with a 21-foot saguaro
I think its valuable to submit this RFP even if we have no chance in hell. If nothing else, it raises Tucson's visibility to Amazon for the future and possibly other companies as well!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2017, 12:44 AM

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 4:26 PM

CVS out, Starbucks in......may be

https://www.azpm.org/p/home-articles...town-building/

Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 6:03 PM

Rio Nuevo Wants 150KSF Mixed-Use Developer

Its been discussed on this thread, but this is a good article that provides a little a more detail:

A new RFP hit the street last Friday from the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District seeking a developer to create a new mixed-use project on 0.6 acres at Broadway Boulevard between Scott and 6th avenues in Tucson.

The district is looking for a minimum of an eight-story development with at least 150KSF of Class A retail and office space with retail/restaurant operations fronting on Broadway. Required parking will be at least 500 spaces. Thirty spaces will have to be available for the district to use at any time for any purpose. Vehicle entry points will be from Scott and 6th.

Street-level amenities to be considered include walkability and connection to transit stops and pedestrian/bike paths. The design and aesthetics must also fit with surrounding developments.

The district wants construction to start within 12 months of the award and take fewer than 18 months to complete.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtucsonboy77 View Post
Rio Nuevo Wants 150KSF Mixed-Use Developer

Its been discussed on this thread, but this is a good article that provides a little a more detail:

A new RFP hit the street last Friday from the Rio Nuevo Multipurpose Facilities District seeking a developer to create a new mixed-use project on 0.6 acres at Broadway Boulevard between Scott and 6th avenues in Tucson.

The district is looking for a minimum of an eight-story development with at least 150KSF of Class A retail and office space with retail/restaurant operations fronting on Broadway. Required parking will be at least 500 spaces. Thirty spaces will have to be available for the district to use at any time for any purpose. Vehicle entry points will be from Scott and 6th.

Street-level amenities to be considered include walkability and connection to transit stops and pedestrian/bike paths. The design and aesthetics must also fit with surrounding developments.

The district wants construction to start within 12 months of the award and take fewer than 18 months to complete.
Yes, I like it. Instead of maximum height limit and NIMBY approved, it's minimum height and sky's the limit.

I'd wished to see more of these types of proposals. Finally.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2017, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Yes, I like it. Instead of maximum height limit and NIMBY approved, it's minimum height and sky's the limit.

I'd wished to see more of these types of proposals. Finally.
I imagine 4-5 floors would be parking, and 3 + would be actual building (non-garage). Moving forward after this development, I hope developers don't get too carried away with garage/building combos. This RFP and the new AC Marriott are already in close proximity. Could this be the development that will be greater than or equal to 10 floors in downtown Tucson?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 2:04 PM

Quote:
I imagine 4-5 floors would be parking, and 3 + would be actual building (non-garage). Moving forward after this development, I hope developers don't get too carried away with garage/building combos. This RFP and the new AC Marriott are already in close proximity. Could this be the development that will be greater than or equal to 10 floors in downtown Tucson?
If it's 4-5 floor parking, it better have at least 4-5 floor non-parking.

I'm crossing my fingers this will be the beginning of a new trend.

I'm fed up with developers promising to build 10 floors but ending up building with 5 floors.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 8:29 PM

Just now listening to last Friday's Buckmaster Show. In interviewing Jan Lesher, Pima County Deputy Administrator, he brought up a rumor he's evidently heard from several people about an imminent announcement of a financial services sector company bringing 5,000 jobs to Tucson. The rumor seemed pretty detailed as this company has apparently focused on a specific 25-acre site. Jan Lesher had no comment when asked about the rumor.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Just now listening to last Friday's Buckmaster Show. In interviewing Jan Lesher, Pima County Deputy Administrator, he brought up a rumor he's evidently heard from several people about an imminent announcement of a financial services sector company bringing 5,000 jobs to Tucson. The rumor seemed pretty detailed as this company has apparently focused on a specific 25-acre site. Jan Lesher had no comment when asked about the rumor.
Holy crap! Has anyone on this board heard these rumors? That would be huge for Tucson!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
That would be awesome!

Last edited by cdsuofa; Sep 23, 2017 at 11:11 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 4:24 PM

Funny story...so I shared an article a few months back (from our friends in the Albq Thread) regarding the City of Albuquerque and its "competition" to build the city's tallest skyscraper.

They received 3 proposals...a 36-, 34-, and (wait a minute) 5-story "tower" proposals. The city moved forward with the 5-story building. At least this kind of stuff doesn't just happen in Tucson.

Ideas for new downtown skyscraper revealed

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 5:23 PM

The plans for the Monier apartments were finally approved earlier this month. On the 13th, the Gadsden Company submitted a request for a zoning compliance letter in regard to the property that indicated construction would begin on or around November 15th.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Funny story...so I shared an article a few months back (from our friends in the Albq Thread) regarding the City of Albuquerque and its "competition" to build the city's tallest skyscraper.

They received 3 proposals...a 36-, 34-, and (wait a minute) 5-story "tower" proposals. The city moved forward with the 5-story building. At least this kind of stuff doesn't just happen in Tucson.

Ideas for new downtown skyscraper revealed
Yeah it's pretty dumb. But the commission is going to work with the Symphony Tower to refine the proposal and bring it back.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 4:11 PM

Looks like the Corbett Building fire (and subsequent insurance payout) may have finally spurred some redevelopment plans. The owners have a FORS design up for review at the next Historical Commission Plans Review Subcommittee meeting.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 8:17 PM

I was driving north up Houghton earlier today and noticed there was a sign up for "Saguaro Trails" south of Irvington, that said it was coming in 2018. Found a website up and running, if not completely finished: https://mattamyhomes.com/tucson/comm...ro-trails.aspx

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 8:22 PM

Tucson Real Estate: Caterpillar leases additional space downtown

Caterpillar signed a lease until April of 2019 in 1 S. Church, while their new building is being constructed.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 10:29 PM

Regents give University of Arizona OK to build honors college complex

This article has at least 1 interesting rendering. I'm afraid we might build out too much and start to replicate ASU's Tempe campus.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2017, 10:34 PM

Will the demise of the UA basketball program have any type of negative impact for the local economy? I'm asking for a friend

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest