HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 2:43 AM
DENNAB

^They will all be built

I'm not sure how final the height for tower 3 is though. Although the renderings showed it slightly smaller with a new design, as far as I know (I could be wrong) there was never an official height reduction announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMIII View Post
At first, I thought the same. But the good point is that now (well in the future) T1 and and especially T2 will more dominate T3 (and T4). Instead of a stairway effect, we will have two sets of tower. The shortened T3 will help to give a better feeling of the twin's rebirth (T1 and T2).

You should look (or look again) at the video posted by Sterlippo1 (in the middle of page 113 of this thread). The overall effect is very good. Besides, T3 is now more elegant than before.

Every cloud has a silver(stein) lining.

I see what you're saying, but even that extra 100 feet or less would help replace the monster presence of the twins that was there before. Size isn't everything, but it is sure something.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 2:19 PM
New Yorker for life

Joel Woolhead, taken from wtc.com

http://www.wtc.com/

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2012, 5:55 PM
New Yorker for life

FEBRUARY 17, 2012

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 4:38 AM

It looks so big compared to all the little people haha

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 5:51 AM
Khurram Parvaz

^ You mean the CORE looks so big compared to the people. The building/base hasn't even started yet.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 5:34 PM
What could go wrong?

Sorry for asking, i haven't followed this one that close, and haven't read back through all of the pages here, but why is the core of Three WTC so high above street level? I mean Two WTC seems like they are capping it at street level just like they said.

Thanks.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Sorry for asking, i haven't followed this one that close, and haven't read back through all of the pages here, but why is the core of Three WTC so high above street level? I mean Two WTC seems like they are capping it at street level just like they said.

Thanks.
They are building the base of the building. The rest of the skyscraper will be completed once they find a tenant.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 7:24 PM
What could go wrong?

Thanks, i knew they were just waiting for a tenant to continue but i didn't realize that they were going that far. It seems like a pretty big (tall) core to leave as a stump. Thanks for the reply.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 2:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Thanks, i knew they were just waiting for a tenant to continue but i didn't realize that they were going that far. It seems like a pretty big (tall) core to leave as a stump. Thanks for the reply.
The retail levels above street level will open, that's what they are building. The office floors above the retail space will be built once a tenant signs 400,000 sf of space in the building.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 2:13 PM
Khurram Parvaz

GreenwichBoy

CB1 Hears Silverstein WTC Update

Quote:
"... 3 WTC’s steel-and-concrete core has nearly reached the fifth story, with the ground-level concrete floor slab expected to be complete this month. The structure is slated reach the seventh story by the end of the year, forming the building’s lower “podium.” Williams explained that in order for Tower 3 to be built to its planned 71 stories, at least 10 tenants are necessary to meet the requirements established by Silverstein and WTC-site owner the Port Authority. Silverstein’s team expects to meet that milestone and complete the Lord Richard Rogers–designed skyscraper in 2015. However, no tenant agreements have yet to be announced..."
^ I think they mistyped the bold(ed) area. They only need one (or) two tenants for 400,000 sq ft.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
^ I think they mistyped the bold(ed) area. They only need one (or) two tenants for 400,000 sq ft.
I agree as that would make no sense...now it could be 10 tenants OR 400,000 sq ft which ever comes first.

I really hope to see this continue rising and not get stalled, it's amazing to see it rising so quickly would be a shame to see it capped.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG APPLE View Post
GreenwichBoy

I think you're right. It isn't the number of tenants that matters anyway, it's the square footage - from the developer's point of view, there isn't much difference between 1 tenant renting 400,000 sq ft and 10 tenants renting 40,000 sq ft each.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 3:43 PM
Khurram Parvaz

Yeah the tenants pay by sq footage, so its the same either way, 1, 2, or 10. What matters it that they rent out 400,000 sq ft.

Last edited by THE BIG APPLE; Feb 23, 2012 at 5:35 PM.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 5:19 PM

Toronto had a stump like that for more than 10 years.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 5:36 PM
Khurram Parvaz

^ I'm sure this won't last that long.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 12:21 AM

Wouldn't it benefit him ( Silverstein ) to build at least 1 or 2 stories of office space on top of the retail? This way it can be used a temporary site project area. It can also be setup as an office, to be shown to future clients who might be interested in renting the space. You figure if someone is interested in renting a few hundred thousand sq feet of space..they actually might want to see what t looks like from the inside, instead of a virtual mockup or drawing of it. Whatever, that's just my opinion.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 2:25 PM
NYC to LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall guy 31 View Post
Wouldn't it benefit him ( Silverstein ) to build at least 1 or 2 stories of office space on top of the retail? This way it can be used a temporary site project area. It can also be setup as an office, to be shown to future clients who might be interested in renting the space. You figure if someone is interested in renting a few hundred thousand sq feet of space..they actually might want to see what t looks like from the inside, instead of a virtual mockup or drawing of it. Whatever, that's just my opinion.
Whoever takes this place, it will design it to his own needs..Larry builds empty towers and companies who sign for that empty space can do with it whatever they need..

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 3:58 PM

10 tenants is a lot more work than 1.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 5:05 PM
Khurram Parvaz

^ Yeah, but having alot more tenants in a building, gives it more of a reputation than having one tenant. But it's ALOT more work with 10.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 9:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed007Toronto View Post
10 tenants is a lot more work than 1.
Silverstein would be thrilled to get 10 tenants if it would fill the building up. More than likely, one tenant will fill the 400,000 sf requirement to get assisted financing.

Mondayne

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive