HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
Im sure they will be ... these things are done in segments. I fukly expect them to redo the tooftop pool etc as well
Last I heard that was a long ways away due to structural concerns with the pool. I hope it reopens.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 4:35 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Last I heard that was a long ways away due to structural concerns with the pool. I hope it reopens.
certainly the opportunity is there to make it much more attractive than it is currently.. that Westin really needs a full rehab so its nice to see its getting one

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 11, 2018 at 5:09 PM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 5:07 PM
-

New Luxury Condo Mid-rise Planned for Old Metairie

http://canalstreetbeat.com/new-luxur...-old-metairie/

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 7:03 PM

Quote:

Gotta say I really like that rendering! Of course the neighbors will probably be upset about that density

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 8:04 PM

Quote:

I ****REALLY*** love the look of this building. A lot a lot. I want some of this in Orleans Parish.

Also: waiting on pins and needles to see what is announced for Tulane Ave across from Crescent Club Apartments. Now that the buildings are cleared, the lot looks SO much bigger. Really, really hoping for some mixed-use (I wouldn't be opposed to have this Old Metairie style building there!!!!! )

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 10:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by socigradstudent View Post
I ****REALLY*** love the look of this building. A lot a lot. I want some of this in Orleans Parish.

Also: waiting on pins and needles to see what is announced for Tulane Ave across from Crescent Club Apartments. Now that the buildings are cleared, the lot looks SO much bigger. Really, really hoping for some mixed-use (I wouldn't be opposed to have this Old Metairie style building there!!!!! )
dont get too excited about that tulane parcel.. i had seen plans for the larger building before which basically reused the steel frame however this was before the next door parcel became available.. either way im sure whats proposed there will be much better then whats there currently

3101 Tulane Ave·New Construction · Permit #16-41766-NEWC · Ref CodeHY7B6
Download (55) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Raymond Bergeron
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
12/23/2016
Closed:
No
Description:
Construct 2nd story addition to existing building as per plans: ground floor - 6 commercial units; 2nd floor - 14 dwelling units. No use and no occupancy. separate permits required.

Last edited by tennis1400; Dec 11, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2018, 10:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderOz View Post
Gotta say I really like that rendering! Of course the neighbors will probably be upset about that density
i think its an as of right proposal... adequate parking and unit density plus has no commercial element at the bottom

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 4:06 PM
-

2851 S Claiborne Ave·Renovation (Structural) · Ref CodeZMK8R
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Michael Martin
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
12/11/2018
Closed:
No
Description:
Tenant Interior Up Fit of New Shell Building (18-25358-NEWC). Starbucks will be the First Tenant in the New Building. Signage will be submitted separately. Scope of Work includes Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical,and Plumbing. Structural work is for installation of Header. No eterior work under this permit.

1615 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd·HDLC COA · Permit #18-39346-HDLC · Ref Code:B5AV1H
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Verges Rome Architects
Permit not required
Date Filed:
12/12/2018
Closed:
Yes
Description:
Renovation and addition to existing 3 floor structure for new hotel.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 5:51 PM
-

The New Orleans Advocate building on St. Charles Avenue is a true architectural gem. Designed by modernist architects Curtis & Davis in the 1940’s, the building was originally home to the Klein Motors showroom. The renovated space, which features a restored facade, luminous lobby, and helical stairway, pays respects to its mid-century modern origins and gives new life to the building, allowing it to serve generations of journalists to come. Architect: Dalton Architects, Inc. #palmisanoprojects #historicrenovation

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 5:52 PM
-

The Higgins Hotel

Higgins Hotel topped off with the traditional tree on top

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topping_out

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 6:03 PM
-

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 8:24 PM

I lived in NO for years and probably passed the Advocate building a thousand times, and I never realized what an amazingly great-looking building it is. Mid-century modern was the rage when I was young, so to me this building is beautiful.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 10:15 PM

Neighborhood meeting on Tuesday

Old Posted Dec 12, 2018, 10:27 PM

Hundreds of condos are coming to downtown New Orleans. Are there people to buy them?

Nice NOLA article on the downtown condo market.

https://www.nola.com/expo/news/erry-...re-coming.html

By Jennifer Larino, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
New Orleans is known for its historic housing stock, with its century-old shotguns, wrought iron railings and inviting porches. The latest wave of new housing, however, is sleek and modern, attracting buyers to the city's downtown with a skyline view, rooftop pools and dog runs, and shiny new storefronts.

"There's absolutely more going on now than there ever has been," said developer Matt Schwartz, whose company, The Domain Cos., started construction in July on The Odeon, a $106 million, 271-unit apartment building. Its latest completed development, an $80 million, 89-unit luxury condo building called The Standard, opened in April.

Downtown New Orleans has always been an evolving landscape. Lately, change is in overdrive. Roughly 200 new condo units will soon open up to buyers within a 12-block section of the Warehouse District. More condo buildings are in the works.

Experts say a mix of demand and available financing has fed the growth up to this point. Will it last? Probably not, though Schwartz and others plugged into the downtown real estate market say there are still buyers out there looking for the type of design-forward condos rising up on Warehouse District corners.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 1:46 AM
-

Seats starting to go in at the new airport

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 PM

Canal Street ferry terminal rebuild looks vastly different in new preliminary drawing

https://www.nola.com/politics/2018/1...-drawings.html

The new ferry terminal on Canal Street is poised for a vastly different makeover than the dramatic redesign presented by the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority in early 2017, according to preliminary design concepts unveiled Thursday (Dec. 13) to New Orleans City Council members.

The two new visual concepts both keep the existing pedestrian bridge crossing the railroad tracks between Canal Street and the downtown riverfront. The new proposals for the ferry building scrap the sloping metal roof originally designed and that some transit officials have described as complicated and expensive to pull off. The terminal serves ferries to Algiers.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 7:46 PM
-

djsnola
726 N Galvez St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:WXCRJ7
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Wayne J Landry
Application Review
Date Filed:
12/12/2018
Closed:
No
Description:
Convert from vacant to sweet shop as per sketch. No electrical. No plumbing. No HVAC. No demolition of any walls. No exterior work allowed.

djsnola

401 N Cortez St Bldg·New Construction · Ref Code:7KA0LT
Download (11) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Edwards Nola Midcity Apartments LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
12/13/2018
Closed:
No
Description:
New construction of 4 story 142 unit apartment building as per plans.

djsnola
1561 Tulane Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Ref Code:MU4RPL
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Mohammed Hamideh
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
12/12/2018
Closed:
No
Description:
Change of Use from a vacant commercial space to a standard restaurant.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2018, 8:00 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post

The new ferry terminal on Canal Street is poised for a vastly different makeover than the dramatic redesign presented by the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority in early 2017, according to preliminary design concepts unveiled Thursday (Dec. 13) to New Orleans City Council members.

The two new visual concepts both keep the existing pedestrian bridge crossing the railroad tracks between Canal Street and the downtown riverfront. The new proposals for the ferry building scrap the sloping metal roof originally designed and that some transit officials have described as complicated and expensive to pull off. The terminal serves ferries to Algiers.
this is what i found on city council website:

option 1

option 2

I prefer option 2.. the ramps just too much and defeats the whole purpose of opening the area up

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post

I am in this area rather frequently and see absolutely no reason why an elevated crossing over the railroad tracks is needed.The trains take 5 min tops and run maybe twice a day. Unfortunately, because there is currently a bridge, Algiers residents won't have it any other way. What they do no understand is that any new crossing has to be ADA accessible and that means $$$$$$.

I prefer Option II, it preserves much of the old historic warehouse facade that fronts Spanish Plaza, while also opening up the riverfront. I've always admired those facades and was sad to see it on the chopping block in the previous scheme.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 2:46 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckett5425 View Post
I am in this area rather frequently and see absolutely no reason why an elevated crossing over the railroad tracks is needed.The trains take 5 min tops and run maybe twice a day. Unfortunately, because there is currently a bridge, Algiers residents won't have it any other way. What they do no understand is that any new crossing has to be ADA accessible and that means $$$$$$.

I prefer Option II, it preserves much of the old historic warehouse facade that fronts Spanish Plaza, while also opening up the riverfront. I've always admired those facades and was sad to see it on the chopping block in the previous scheme.
I agree with you for option 2

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations