HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 18, 2010, 5:39 PM

Future Real Estate MBA student looking for part-time position

Hey guys - I contribute a little on here but mainly just read what everyone else has to say. And I know, I know, the forum does better if everyone voices their opinion (to an extent!)

Anyway, I am starting my MBA in Real Estate and Finance in January with Georgia State. I received my undergraduate degree from Georgia State in Marketing and certificate (minor) in Hospitality Operations in 2007.

I already have a GRA position with GSU for Spring 2011 and have an open schedule Monday, Thursday and Friday and hoping to get a part-time position with a developer or commercial real estate agent. I have limited experience within the real estate field but have some great research experience working for Porsche Cars North America and event experience with the Georgia World Congress Center and WSB Radio AM.

Please let me know if you know of a company that might have a part-time opening for a grad student. Also, if you have any advice, I am all ears!

Thanks guys!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2010, 7:45 PM

Ok - so no responses but - 86 views - that is pretty good!

I know there may not be a ton of development going on now but please keep me in mind if you hear of anyone looking!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2010, 8:58 PM

Not doing my MBA in Real Estate so I'm not too savvy on local developers but I'd venture your best shot is to ping the GSU Real Estate Professor for leads. Given the type of research they do and their eminence in the field, local developers are likely closely connected to the dept.

If I didn't have a post-MBA job lined up already, I'd be preparing to talk to professors in my field (Technology) since they're constantly in touch w/ management of local firms either for research or collaboration opportunities. At GT at least half the lectures I had in IT courses were from guest lecturers from Director-level people.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2010, 7:41 PM

Yes - I am certainly going to check with the professors but as I am just starting the program in January I don't have a relationship with the staff just yet. I have checked with the department overall and unfortunately they aren't aware of anyone looking to hire right now.

But - no matter the outlook now - I am looking forward to going back to school in a field that I am truly passionate about and the market will rebound in time!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta