HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 7, 2009, 9:55 PM

The Golf Thread

(If this belongs in Gen. Discussion, I apologize.)

Soooo... it's a little early yet, but the warmish weather has got me dreaming of summer again.

I'm new to Ottawa, and I was wondering if anyone here could give any insight into the best places to golf.

Best bang for the buck, easiest places to walk on as a single, best courses regardless of price, etc.

Any links or discussion would be awesome, as I don't even know where to start to look for a place to play 'regularly' this summer.

Any golfers on here?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2009, 10:13 PM
National Capital Region

Dunderosa in Chelsea is fun...Par 3 (I think I am the wrong person to give advice )

Old Posted Mar 7, 2009, 11:01 PM

I'm not a great golfer but I usually play 5-6 rounds every season. If you're looking for golf deals (as I always am), the best are West of the city. Courses like Mountain Creek, Dragonfly, Madawaska, and Glen Mar offer interesting terrain and reasonably challenging holes at a decent price. Pineview Municipal course is close by and it's a great deal. You can often find 2 for 1 coupons for those courses in those big Entertainment coupon books. I only played 3 rounds last summer as I was crazy busy and I look forward to getting out much more frequently in 2009.

Mountain Creek

Dragonfly

Madawaska

Pineview

All that green makes me want to go golfing now!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2009, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach6668 View Post
(If this belongs in Gen. Discussion, I apologize.)

Best bang for the buck, easiest places to walk on as a single, best courses regardless of price, etc.

Any golfers on here?
The best bang for the buck is easily Prescilla, she has a great green and easy hole, oh wait, wrong thread.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 2:45 PM

If you're looking to walk onto a 9 hole course for $20-25, I'd suggest Laramac in Chelsea: http://www.larrimac.com/index_en.php

There are so many courses to choose from in the area and I have yet to explore them all. Hopefully this summer. . .

Does anyone know when the season begins (roughly)?
Also, what is the best book of coupons for area courses? Any tips?

Cheers!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2009, 3:28 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on Manderley on the Green?

Seems pretty reasonable, $595 for a semi-restricted membership for me... I just sneak into the 19-24 age range, and it has 27 holes.

I was in Myrtle Beach earlier this month for a golf trips, so I have a serious itch to get on the course right now.

http://www.manderleygolf.com/_home/home.php

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation