HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 24, 2009, 7:48 AM

I never said to remove from planning committees all people from the heritage groups. People must disclose their relationships when they create a conflict of interest.

If Ben McCrae was on the District 12 PAC, he would have obviously had a conflict of interest and should have excused himself from all discussions about the Waterside project.

I don't like the fact that Bev Miller didn't even disclose the fact that she is a Board member of the Heritage Trust of Nova Scotia. This is a clear conflict of interest here given the fact that the main opposition to this project is that same group.

I would be surprised if Bev Miller ever supported any major development over 6 floors in downtown Halifax in the past.

A committee like the District 12 Planning Advisory Committee should provide objective and reasoned recommendations to council. Bev Miller has already made up her mind on any large development in downtown Halifax before the proposal is even made - she is against them all.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth