HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 8:06 PM

Yeah. It was not a good looking building...but I'm nostalgic about looking up through the CrossRoads Mall central glass ceiling and seeing it there. Oh well. Out with the old and in with the new

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 10:31 PM

This is probably the biggest issue facing the region right now.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...lifornias.html

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 12:26 AM

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 1:01 AM

This would be great. Let's hope it's not just a tease!

And that one of the towers ends up more than 25 stories.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 6:15 AM
BANNED

Dear skyscrapers forum. You guys need a better firewall. Hackers are spamming this site by forcing us to some kind of a free iPhone give a way website.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 2:41 PM

Vivint Arena Renovations. I hope that they fix the exterior where the Vivint sign is so the colors all match.
[IMG] by , on Flickr[/IMG]

200 South Hotel and Residential

North Temple Residential

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 3:44 PM
SLC Lifer

New brewery in Marmalade next to Soup Kitchen.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post

Marvland, are you responsible for this? If so, thank you!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 6:08 PM

I do like Phase 2 of the RWP project.

If it pans out as currently planned, phase 2 would be roughly like adding 111 and The Regent (this is based on the 25 Story Commercial and 20 Story Residential towers) with another smaller tower.

They also want to start construction on Phase 2 in 3 to 4 years.

With Phase 1 starting construction next year, it could be 6 to 18 months post completion of Phase 1 before Phase 2 starts.

Now we all know that plans change and things happen but, I would love to see both Phase 1 and Phase 2 happen as currently planned (if not phase 2 being taller for both commercial and residential towers). Maybe even the 3rd smaller building will be taller as maybe a shared Hotel and Condo building.

Overall, it looks to be around another 500 units coming downtown within 1 block and in buildings no less than 11 stories, another 200+ hotel rooms and also, another 400,000+ sq ft of Commercial space. All of which will be a short distance from Trax and the Downtown Streetcar.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 7:22 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Marvland, are you responsible for this? If so, thank you!
I wish! No I just drove by this morning and saw the sign. Looks like a progressive sour/wild brew project. Very excited to see the growth of our brewing industry. Also, Red Rock now owns the blank parcel on the NW corner of 400 N. and 400 W. and has major expansion plans. They are bursting at the seams and are leasing cold storage space from Mountain West cidery.

I'm working on another larger mixed use brew project and hope to provide details soon. I think it will be a major catalytic development in neglected arm of downtown periphery. Assemblage is done just working on site issues.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 8:32 PM

I noticed this on state last week

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 9:50 PM
A.K.A. Vigo

This is in regards to some of the comments on the Zoo. The Zoo is not going to be moved any time soon. A few years back they were considering the idea of relocating the Zoo to Wheelers Farm. They ultimately decided to rebuild the Zoo in its current location. They are about 95% of the way through the process. The only two areas that still need to be rebuilt are the Small Animals Building and the Great Apes area. The Hogle Zoo use to be a laughing stock, but it has become a night and day difference during the reconstruction. I like where the zoo is currently located and would like to see it expand once what is there has been completely rebuilt.

As for the Public Transpertation Issues as they relate to the Zoo... It’s actually quite rediculous. UTA make a stop at This Is The Place at limited times during the day. If you don’t make one of those times you will have to walk a good mile while the bus sits at its last stop (running) for 30 minutes, instead of going to This is the place. I think its absolutly rediculous. There is no reason they cant make that last stop, especially if the driver is just sitting there. Furthermore they should actually make a stop directly in front of the zoo in addition to This is The Place. I have a season pass and take this bus rout a lot. the peopl at the stop are always there for the Zoo and no This is the Place... It’s not the end of the world but its kind of a long walk. If you want to take the bus to the zoo on Sunday its an extra special pain. You have to take Trax to 2100 south, then take a bus that gets you about 2 miles away... Seems like sunday took my close to 2 hours to get there. The normal week day rout takes about an hour. it take me 20 minutes to drive... So I just do that.

I got a hive pass for a month to test it out. I don’t mind it taking a little longer to get places... but it was taking me 2,3, even 4 times the amount of time to get where I wanted to go. Time is valuable. The hive pass also no longer include Frunt Runner, but does give you a discount. In the Month that I had the hive pass I came to the conclusion that our Transpertation System sucks.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 11:06 PM
BANNED

Block 67 ground breaking spring 2018, ok so........fall of 2020 and the buildings will be 6-stories.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 3:40 AM
One Thing At A Time

Quote:

I met one of the owners of this project about a year ago at the bar. Young dude who said he was going to brew sours and do a lot of barrel aged beers. Glad to see it actually coming to fruition!

Speaking of new breweries anyone heard anything about Kintos in a while? Is that project dead?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
We shouldn't allow people to live within 500 feet of freeways. Land within 500 feet of freeways ought to be reserved for office and other similar uses, with requirements that buildings built within 500 feet have high-end HEPA filtration systems. That is at least until a significant percentage of our fleet is converted to electric and other non-polluting engine types.
Don't forget about the rubber dust from tires, which causes asthma in young children.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 3:56 AM

DCRes thanks for the Photo update.

I am still impressed with the Vivint renovation. Such a large amount of work in such a short timeline.

Quote:
While the Utah Jazz's loss to the Golden State Warriors on May 8 marked the end of a playoff run for the team, it marked the beginning of a big undertaking for Okland Construction.

That's because massive work on the renovation of Vivint Smart Home Arena began the next day. Entrances were closed, bowl seats were removed and major demolition occurred.

"Sticks and bricks" — the core building materials added to the arena — represent $75 million of the $125 million renovation cost, according to Okland. They run two shifts of workers a day, one from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., and then another evening shift from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. The nearly round-the-clock efforts by about 400 workers per day are necessary to get the project done by the deadline: Sept. 15.

Why then? The arena's first event is a Tim McGraw and Faith Hill concert on Sept. 27, and arena management needs time to set up that event as well as make everything ready to go for the Jazz season, which will begin in October. Okland reports that the construction is on schedule.

Okland and Vivint Arena management gave reporters a tour of the construction Tuesday, six weeks into the process. And while the arena looks nothing like the finished product in the renderings, the progress already completed is impressive.

The main entrance for the arena is clearly the main focal point of the renovation. With 12,000 square feet added via a new enclosed space on the northeast corner, fans will be able to enter more quickly and easily. And once they enter, walls have been removed so they'll immediately see the court and action below. It's a cool effect, one currently on display at brand-new arenas like Brooklyn's Barclays Center or Sacramento's Golden 1 Center.

And we learned some specifics about the arena's renovation that weren't revealed during the initial renovation announcement:

- We knew that the arena seating would be reduced, but we now have an approximate idea of the new likely capacity of the arena. A source tells KSL.com to expect a seating capacity in the low 18,000s, about a 7-9 percent reduction below the 19,911 capacity for the last 25 years. Why? A few major factors: top rows of the upper bowl are being removed for the social corners and club seating, ADA seating is being increased, media is being moved to the bowl itself (rather than in temporary platforms above the tunnels), some seats are being removed to accommodate new entrances from clubs and suites in the lower bowl, and some clubs on the arena's sixth level are being removed to make way for the social corners. The final capacity has yet to be finalized.

- The renovation will add some new stairways throughout the building, allowing guests to move more easily between levels two (the new club level), three (the lower bowl concourse), four (the suite level), five (the upper bowl concourse) and six (the new "social corners" containing concourses and restrooms for upper bowl Jazz fans). The stairwells will also be fancied up a bit, with architectural changes to the look to reflect increased public usage.

- In the concourses themselves, many of the masonry walls will be covered with drywall and painted, to reduce the industrial look of the old arena. New concourse lighting will be added throughout.

- The restrooms are being refurbished in the public concourses, featuring new stone sinks, with new lighting and new fixtures. Individual restrooms have been removed from the level four suites, in favor of four restrooms meant for all suite customers. That will give more space in each individual suite.

- Rather than an entire concourse ring circling the top of the lower bowl, only two corners of the upper bowl (the two on the north side of the arena) will be available for fans with standard upper bowl seats. The two remaining corners and sidelines will remain reserved for VIP seating for now, though future renovations may convert more space on level six to public access.

- Four restaurants, one in each corner, will be the main attraction in the lower bowl concourse: R&R barbecue, Maxwell's pizza, El Chubasco's Mexican offerings, and Cubby's burgers and sandwiches. Those restaurants will feature a lot of high-table, stand-up seating to invite a more social feel. Elsewhere in the arena, Cupbop Korean, Zao Asian, Chick-Fil-A, Papa John's pizza, Iceberg shakes, Farr's Fresh ice cream and Dippin' Dots will have concession stands.

- The northwest, northeast and southwest main entries will have outdoor canopies to protect the public from weather as tickets are scanned.

- There will be a new escalator added to the east side that can take arena visitors all the way to level six.

- In March, KSL.com reported on the blue, cushioned seats that will be added throughout the arena. Those seats will be added starting next week at a rate of 300 to 400 seats per day. The old green seats went on sale to the public through Fanzz last month, though have been sold out.

- In all, 400 to 600 new TVs will be added throughout the arena, especially in the concourses.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 4:37 AM
They all float down here

wxw xsfcwscq2q1

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:35 AM

Vivint Arena renovation looks excellent.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Wellsian View Post
I noticed this on state last week

Someone posted about this in the Salt Lake MSA topic, so I'll just say what I responded there (since it really should be in this topic anyway):

Is there a timetable or a link for this? Would be nice to see that area of State St. livened up a little. Lots of potential with the college campus on one end and The Crossing going up at the other. Right now it's basically a dead section with lots of potential.

And oh how I wish that awful suburban-style OC Tanner corporate campus there would be moved or overhauled. But that's a whole other story.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 6:44 AM

Quote:

I'm working on another larger mixed use brew project and hope to provide details soon. I think it will be a major catalytic development in neglected arm of downtown periphery. Assemblage is done just working on site issues.

By "neglected arm of downtown periphery" I hope you mean Euclid. I think it's ready to pop as downtown moves further west. ("Euclid" being N Temple on the north, I-15 on the east, I-80 on the south, and the Jordan River to the west.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West