HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 15, 2012, 12:25 AM

This building is going to be beautiful. I've been shopping downtown Boise to friends in NYC, Kansas and Houston and they're all impressed.

Old Posted May 15, 2012, 6:36 PM
All man. Half nuts.

walked by today during lunch.

no activity on the site for a couple of days now, but it looks like cleanup is pretty much done, unless they're also going to tear down the old concrete walls, too.

i wonder when they're hoping to erect the crane?

Old Posted May 15, 2012, 8:38 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Do you think it is safe to assume this is the official height or is it still subject to change?
I would say still subject to change if I were to guess.

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 2:10 AM

I have no reason to post other than this picture is pretty sweet, and will look even better with Zions looking down over everything from right in the middle.

http://skybluephotos.com/?p=1201

Old Posted May 16, 2012, 2:46 PM
All man. Half nuts.

nice shot.

by that shot, i'd love for that parking lot on the right side on 9th to become boise's new tallest. it'd be nice and centrally located and would be impressive from the grove.

i also liked this shot, though it makes me wish they'd re-clad the US Bank building with white granite or something:

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 2:42 AM

^^^
There was a proposal for that lot at one time...a simple like 10-15 floor box though...it is a great location because it's central and ensured a visual corridor through the Grove.

I think US Bank will look alright in the future when nicer buildings are built around it. I think the fact that it's an all brick highrise is kinda cool. Being that way and currently Boise's tallest, not so much.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
^^^
There was a proposal for that lot at one time...a simple like 10-15 floor box though...it is a great location because it's central and ensured a visual corridor through the Grove.

I think US Bank will look alright in the future when nicer buildings are built around it. I think the fact that it's an all brick highrise is kinda cool. Being that way and currently Boise's tallest, not so much.
While the US Bank tower is not the most beautiful, it really isn't that bad imo although I am looking forward to a new tallest and something with more color. There are plenty of other cities, and one or two nearby, who do not have eye popping tallest either. I would like to see that parking lot on 10th and Front developed. Who knows..with JUMP across the street maybe something will happen on that lot soon.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
While the US Bank tower is not the most beautiful, it really isn't that bad imo although I am looking forward to a new tallest and something with more color. There are plenty of other cities, and one or two nearby, who do not have eye popping tallest either. I would like to see that parking lot on 10th and Front developed. Who knows..with JUMP across the street maybe something will happen on that lot soon.
Although I'm not a huge fan of the convention center being located on that lot west of JUMP for traffic circulation purposes, if it were to get built there, that block on the NW corner of 10th & Front would be a natural for a tall hotel to accommodate the needs of the added conventions.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 5:08 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Of Trees View Post
Although I'm not a huge fan of the convention center being located on that lot west of JUMP for traffic circulation purposes, if it were to get built there, that block on the NW corner of 10th & Front would be a natural for a tall hotel to accommodate the needs of the added conventions.
there were rumors many years ago that all those lots along front street between Hotel 43 and the connector were being eyed for major development by hotels and mixed use... pending the construction of the new convention center.

i wish they'd just sell the old convention center to give them money for a new one. i can't tell you how many times the current convention center has blocked traffic on 9th street during loading and unloading. it's a very poor location these days for a loading dock like that.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 6:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
i wish they'd just sell the old convention center to give them money for a new one. i can't tell you how many times the current convention center has blocked traffic on 9th street during loading and unloading. it's a very poor location these days for a loading dock like that.
Are you speaking of the Boise Centre on the Grove? Is that considered the current convention centre?

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 7:09 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseBMW View Post
Are you speaking of the Boise Centre on the Grove? Is that considered the current convention centre?
yep, that's the one.

Old Posted May 17, 2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
there were rumors many years ago that all those lots along front street between Hotel 43 and the connector were being eyed for major development by hotels and mixed use... pending the construction of the new convention center.
Has there been any kind of interest in those lots since? I just went and looked at google maps and there are quite a few unused lots there. There are just a lot of unused lots everywhere in Boise actually. Some development, even if they weren't all high rises, in those empty lots would be nice.

(By the way, hello everyone! Long time lurker finally posting!)

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 4:38 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Hey TreasureValley, welcome to the forums (or at least, in posting)! Great to have you here.

I was just looking back at the first rendering that came out, and its funny how stubby the 15-floor version looks compared to the latest renderings:

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post

I was just looking back at the first rendering that came out, and its funny how stubby the 15-floor version looks compared to the latest renderings:

That's what I was thinking the other day when I was downtown looking at the rendering at 8th and Main and was pondering how much more I like the current renderings.

Old Posted May 23, 2012, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureValley View Post
Has there been any kind of interest in those lots since? I just went and looked at google maps and there are quite a few unused lots there. There are just a lot of unused lots everywhere in Boise actually. Some development, even if they weren't all high rises, in those empty lots would be nice.

(By the way, hello everyone! Long time lurker finally posting!)
Welcome TreasureValley!

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 5:10 PM

What is the current construction status of 8th & Main? Been out of town working.. Could anyone post a photo?

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 11:21 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakor21 View Post
What is the current construction status of 8th & Main? Been out of town working.. Could anyone post a photo?
Unfortunately, I don't have any photos but I think by now the old foundation should be mostly gone. I could be wrong, but judging by the Boise PDS it looks like all they're waiting for now is the building permit which they recently applied for. Once that's approved, as I understand it construction will then be fully underway.

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=BLD12-00932

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have any photos but I think by now the old foundation should be mostly gone. I could be wrong, but judging by the Boise PDS it looks like all they're waiting for now is the building permit which they recently applied for. Once that's approved, as I understand it construction will then be fully underway.

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=BLD12-00932
They were surveying the site on Friday. The demolition crew is all done, it seems.

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 3:33 AM
Dare Mighty Things

I saw a banner ad on the Idaho Statesman for Eighth and Main. Clicked on it and got this neat little booklet.

http://issuu.com/colliersidaho/docs/...oise%2Bskyline

Old Posted May 29, 2012, 8:51 PM

Quote:
I saw a banner ad on the Idaho Statesman for Eighth and Main. Clicked on it and got this neat little booklet.

http://issuu.com/colliersidaho/docs/...oise%2Bskyline
Does this confirm 16 floors then? Also is that much of the top of the building unused? Or is there a high ceiling on the founder's floor?

Very cool find though! I'm excited for construction to start!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West