HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 9:55 PM

Dell Hotel

The dell hotel has been shut down and has been fenced up....I read somewhere all the tenants have been kicked out so does anyone know what is going on with the property?

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 10:58 PM

There is are 3 residential towers as well as a number of office towers and some commercial sites going in. See this thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=194968

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 11:42 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxItYourself View Post
There is are 3 residential towers as well as a number of office towers and some commercial sites going in. See this thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=194968
That project is slated to go where the Compass Point Inn currently stands, next to King George Station. The Dell is around 106th Avenue and King George Boulevard, which is closer to Gateway Skytrain Station.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 11:45 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 4:46 AM

I've been curious about this as well! There have been several articles about people being evicted from the Dell Hotel - with the reason being stated that it will be redeveloped - however, I haven't heard anything about what will be built/renovated there?

It'd be great if somebody with contacts with the city would post what's going on!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2011, 5:33 AM

its been mentioned here before you'd have to sift through pages to find it - but i recall reading here that the del wass going to undergo redevelopment but was going to be a long process

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 9:59 PM

The shareholders of the group that owns the mall have been at odds with each other since 2007 and were attempting to sell the property since then. Unfortunately due to the falling out last I had heard their un-unified front to potential buyers was making it next to impossible to actually sell.

Maybe that's been completed now. If so then whoever purchased the land will want to redevelop the property. Nothing has been registered with Surrey from what I can see online yet which makes sense if the property still hasn't been sold or was just sold.

The fact they are closing things down and evicting tenants means they are probably close or the sale has been completed. You wouldn’t stop incoming revenues if there wasn’t a near-term resolution.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 10:13 PM

the dell mall, and the dell hotel are two different sites, owned by two different owners, but both recently sold - to different buyers. The Dell mall sold to Bosa, but there are some relatively long leases, so i wouldn't expect an applicatoin any time soon.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2011, 11:51 PM

On this page it states that it is correct that it got bought out by Bosa. (Note: It's a page for an the sale of an area directly across the street)

http://www.dtzvancouver.com/Property...evard-651.html

Unfortunately I can't find much else.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley