HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Sep 29, 2012, 3:50 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

The best cities of the west.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 3:02 AM

- lz131313

Hey I hear yah, but although very similar in the tone of glass, many didn't follow a uniformal pattern from base to top. A lot of the buildings also tended to have subtle outward curves that would round back to the top that the pictures maybe didn't reflect. One area that I did see as bland were the base areas at street level. There needs to be more restaurants and other amenities.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2012, 3:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHoward88 View Post
These photos bring me back to a time not so long ago when I viewed the Seattle Skyline for the first time in earnest. I wasn't driving through. I wasn't with anyone. I had gone downtown by myself for the first time. I was raised on a combination of Tacoma's (boring) east side and the rural outskirts of the Seattle Metro area. I had spent my whole life living less than an hour from Seattle, but I'd never set foot downtown.

What I remember is the sensation of being immersed in what seemed like a sea of tall buildings; the rhythm of the people and the cars, the abundance of coffee shops, and the atmosphere of culture. The only word I can think of to characterize that feeling was pure and simple awe.

Years passed, and I go downtown less frequently than I used to. I've been there hundreds of times. The distractions and burdens of life make the world seem smaller than it used to when I had just turned 18; yet once in a while, like the scent of something fleetingly sweet in the air, I am brought back to that moment when I stood on the corner of 3rd and Seneca looking up and thinking to myself that I was looking at the most amazing sight of my entire life.

Your pictures do bring back memories, and good ones at that. The mixed up order threw me a curve though. I found myself looking at pictures of San Francisco and wondering what part of Seattle they were taken in.
Seattle is forever evolving, a great city to visit time and time again!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos