HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 9:20 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post
Exactly! I'll bet the Riders will haul ass this year; they're signing up some impressive players!
And you can add Dressler to the list... 4 year extension... What?!?!?

Old Posted Jan 31, 2015, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And you can add Dressler to the list... 4 year extension... What?!?!?
Dressler is a player you build a team around. My favorite Roughrider of all time. He loves playing in Sask and I applaud the organization for locking him up. Looks promising that he will retire a Roughrider.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2015, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
Dressler is a player you build a team around. My favorite Roughrider of all time. He loves playing in Sask and I applaud the organization for locking him up. Looks promising that he will retire a Roughrider.
Hear, hear!!!

Old Posted Feb 1, 2015, 5:05 AM

Had a good laugh watching the show Timber Kings on HGTV and they were building cabins for a ski resort in Michigan headed up by none other than Lonie Glieberman. He didn't ask an of the workers if they wanted Marti Gras night

Old Posted Feb 1, 2015, 10:53 PM

With the Women's World Cup and Pan AM games this summer. Many stadiums would unavailable for awhile. It will take a few days, to convert each stadium back to football use.

A list of stadium issues with each team, using last years schedule as a reference.

Week 1 will most likely start the last weekend in June (26, 27, & 28)

BC Lions: BC Place - Last World Cup Game Sunday, July 5th. Will probably play pre-season game at Empire Stadium. BC Place won't be ready until Week 3.

Edmonton Eskimos: Commonwealth Stadium: Last Game July 4th. Edmonton has their 'home' pre-season game in Fort McMurray.
Commonwealth Stadium won't be ready until Week 3.

Calgary Stampeders and Saskatchewan Roughriders: Won't be hosting any World Cup Games.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers: IG Field: Last game Tuesday July 16. Depending on converting back to CFL football, should be able to host a pre-season game. Last pre-season game last year was on Fri, Jun 20.

Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats: Rogers Stadium and THF. No World Cup Games, however each stadium will be hosting the Pam-Am Games (July 10-26). Both stadiums will be unavailable for Weeks 3, 4, & 5.

Ottawa REDBLACKS: TD Place: Last Game July 26th. Ottawa will have to play their 'home' preseason somewhere on the road. TD Place should be ready by the first week.

Montreal Alouettes: McGill Stadium: No effect since the World Cup Games are at Olympic Stadium.

I expect both BC and Edmonton to have bye weeks during the first 2 weeks, and Toronto and Hamilton to have a bye during weeks 3,4 or 5.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 4:40 PM

Empire doesn't exist like that anymore, it has been converted to community soccer fields. My guess is they will do something on the road in either Kamloops where they haev training camp or the Apple Bowl in Kelowna

[QUOTE=trebor204;6898188]With the Women's World Cup and Pan AM games this summer. Many stadiums would unavailable for awhile. It will take a few days, to convert each stadium back to football use.
BC Lions: BC Place - Last World Cup Game Sunday, July 5th. Will probably play pre-season game at Empire Stadium. BC Place won't be ready until Week 3.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 9:10 PM

Argos ownership news

Quote:
Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani

Per #CFL sources: David Braley's asking price for the Argos is $10 million. At least one prospective buyer is waiting for price to drop 80%.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieFlowerpot View Post
Argos ownership news
So $8M gets you the Argos? or is that drop BY 80% and it $2M

Old Posted Feb 3, 2015, 5:13 AM
Go Chiefs!

Good luck Duron... it was expected. Him and Luck are going to do some damage.

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts agreed with former Canadian Football League receiver Duron Carter on Monday.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...anapolis-colts

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 2:40 PM

Best of luck to Ben Heenan who has signed with the Indianapolis Colts. He joins Duron Carter, Henoc Muamba and Jerrell Freeman as as CFLers on the roster. Hard not to root for the Colts now.

Delvin Breaux had previously signed with New Orleans this off season. I can't think of any others who have signed south yet, although I am sure it is just a matter of time for Brett Jones.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S'toon Goon View Post
Best of luck to Ben Heenan who has signed with the Indianapolis Colts. He joins Duron Carter, Henoc Muamba and Jerrell Freeman as as CFLers on the roster. Hard not to root for the Colts now.

Delvin Breaux had previously signed with New Orleans this off season. I can't think of any others who have signed south yet, although I am sure it is just a matter of time for Brett Jones.
Jalil Carter (Tor --> Vikings), John Chiles (Tor --> Bears) Ian Wild (Wpg --> Steelers) and Shawn Lemon (Calgary --> Steelers) so far

and we got Austin Collie coming Back

Old Posted Feb 11, 2015, 12:22 AM

First Day of Free Agency

Looks like the Bombers and RedBlacks made the biggest splashes on Day 1

Should balance the league a bit. Will be interesting to see how Winnipeg does this year and how hard they push with hosting the Grey Cup this year

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 4:16 PM

Brett Jones of the Stampeders signs with the New York Giants

Quote:
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants today signed center Brett Jones, one of the Canadian Football League’s most decorated offensive linemen.

Jones, 6-2 and 315 pounds, played the last two seasons for the Calgary Stampeders. In 2013, he won the CFL’s Most Outstanding Rookie Award. Jones also won the Jackie Parker Trophy, which is awarded annually to the Most Outstanding Rookie in the West Division. Last year, he won the league’s Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman Award.

“It has always been a goal and a dream of mine to play in the NFL,” Jones said today after signing his contract at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. “This is the first step, and I look forward to taking many more.

“When I was in university in Canada, my goal was always to try to play in the NFL. As a kid growing up playing games like Madden, it definitely was an influence. Some of the players on my team (in the video game) that I played with, they play in the NFL now. I always thought that I wanted to earn a chance.”

He did with his outstanding play in the CFL. Jones was the Stampeders’ second-round choice (16th overall selection) in the 2013 Canadian League draft after playing for the Regina Rams in Canadian Interuniversity Sport, the highest level of amateur play of Canadian football.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 4:23 PM

^ Stampeder O-Line is going to have some big holes to fill... the Bombers signed Stanley Bryant yesterday which is a huge addition, literally and figuratively.

Bombers also picked up LB Sam Hurl (who is a projected replacement for Ian Wild but that seems like wishful thinking), OL Marc Dile, WR Darvin Adams and DL Ivan Brown.

A busy week for Bomber GM Kyle Walters... great to see the most glaring sore spot on the team get shored up.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 4:32 PM

Geroy back with the Lions too

Sorry Riders fans!

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones2451 View Post
Geroy back with the Lions too

Sorry Riders fans!
Whaaaa?

Didn't BC retire his number? I guess he has to pick a different one now

Not sure what the point of this really is.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 4:41 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Whaaaa?

At this point he's probably playing out his string. Sask must have tabled a big pay cut. Regina is sexy and all, but a man's gotta feed his family...back to Vancouver.
I'm surprised he stayed afterward. BC was his long term home, so it makes sense. I could also see BC using him big-time for promotional purposes; the Lions need him more than the Riders for that.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 4:50 PM

^ Oh, so this is a marketing type role... cjones made it sound like he was going to try to come back on the field

Old Posted Feb 12, 2015, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Oh, so this is a marketing type role... cjones made it sound like he was going to try to come back on the field
Sorry for the confusion

Overall though, I think it will help with their marketing and perception in the Vancouver market

Old Posted Feb 13, 2015, 4:13 PM

CFL Schedule is out today

Per Arash Madani on Twitter

Quote:
Per #CFL sources: Winnipeg vs. Toronto (pre-season) at Varsity stadium on June 9... Montreal vs. Ottawa pre-season at Laval on June 13.
Quote:
Per #CFL sources: Week 1 is Ottawa-Montreal June 25, Hamilton-Calgary on June 26 and June 27 is Edm-Tor (in Fort McMurray) then Wpg-Sask.
Quote:
From what I’ve been told, the #Argos “home opener” will be played in Fort McMurray, Alberta on June 27. #BuildingTheBrand #CFL

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada