HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 8, 2017, 4:16 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Memphian View Post
I have consistently posted my belief that this area is where a new indoor/retractable roof stadium should be located as part of a new convention center and extention of the Beale St. Entertainment District. If the existing Cook Convo Center is going to cost the amount they say, why not just build new. 50,000 seats with about 10,000 upper deck seat that can be tastefully blocked off with lots of value added seats to make up any potentiometer revenue loss over capacity right sizing and the ability to add temp seating in one endzone upwards of 5,000. Use retractable seating for the first level and you have a very nice exhibition space for trade shows.

1)New, modern home for Tiger football
2)Growing the size of the Beale St. Music Fest
3)up to date seismic standards/ADA compliant
4)ability to host or upgrade for larger conferences, competitions, sporting events and concerts without fear of weather.
5)upgrade the Liberty Bowl/Heritage Classic experience for isiting fans and offering the ability to host showcase games like kickoff classic neutral site games and high school showcase games

Ect, ect, ect.

Spit balling, could be shifted to CA property. There's even a Google amount of public and private Greenspace for tailgating with the right planning.
A couple of the major reasons why the City of Memphis is currently in the convention space problem that it is, is due to lack of vision and money. There is absolutely no logical reason for the City to hang tax payers, the City's bond rating or potential tourists (through tourism taxes) on the line to finance a 60,000 seat domed stadium for realistically 8 to 9 football games, a handful of conventions that might exceed the provided space in the new convention center and a few larger venue concerts/events.

1. If Tiger football needs a new home (which I think we do), it needs to be on or adjacent to campus. Tiger football doesn't need a domed stadium with 20,000 tarped seats, we need a 40,000 seat stadium on campus that will bring alumni back to campus and create a weekend long atmosphere. A stadium here brings various challenges and issues that are another conversation, but going downtown and leasing from the City is not in the best interest of the UofM.

2. Does BSMF need to expand? What could be offered in a domed stadium that can't currently be offered?

3. That could be said for almost every large structure in Memphis.

4. It probably would attract larger conventions/concerts/sporting events, but unless hotel space downtown is addressed in the form of 4,000 to 6,000 hotel rooms, there is still going to be an issue. The excuse that Memphis hasn't hosted large outdoor concerts due to the lack of a modern stadium is a bunch of bunk. Memphis hasn't hosted a large concert for the same reason the Forum struggles to get main stream acts marketed for 15 to 20k seats.

5. I could see if the LMBS was routinely hosting playoff games and other larger bowl games, but even added with all of the items above, if a new stadium worth the SHC and Liberty Bowl game? Not so much.

What's the price tag of a new domed football stadium these days? 1+ Billion?

Quote:
80,000 is the most insane thing i'v read in a while. Why does Memphis continue to pour millions into the Liberty Bowl just to keep it treading water when it could'very been servicing debt on a new stadium downtown. Millions for Tiger Lane, New chair back seating, video boards, and and what would be millions more for better infrastructure to host a concert or two when that could be just part of new uses for a new stadium.
I'll agree that the idea of expanding the LBMS is stupid, but the City hasn't solely financed all of the improvements to the stadium, as you've stated above. The UofM is repaying the cost of seating improvements. Fred Smith donated the money for the video board. Additionally, how is the LBMS "treading water"? The LBMS serves the purpose that it needs to relatively well.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2017, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
I'll agree that the idea of expanding the LBMS is stupid, but the City hasn't solely financed all of the improvements to the stadium, as you've stated above. The UofM is repaying the cost of seating improvements. Fred Smith donated the money for the video board. Additionally, how is the LBMS "treading water"? The LBMS serves the purpose that it needs to relatively well.
The only real issue that needs to be addressed is the press box, which was slated for a rebuild a few years ago, but so far no action has been taken. Other than that, it's like you said. The Liberty Bowl is fulfilling its usefulness at the moment.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
A couple of the major reasons why the City of Memphis is currently in the convention space problem that it is, is due to lack of vision and money. There is absolutely no logical reason for the City to hang tax payers, the City's bond rating or potential tourists (through tourism taxes) on the line to finance a 60,000 seat domed stadium for realistically 8 to 9 football games, a handful of conventions that might exceed the provided space in the new convention center and a few larger venue concerts/events.

1. If Tiger football needs a new home (which I think we do), it needs to be on or adjacent to campus. Tiger football doesn't need a domed stadium with 20,000 tarped seats, we need a 40,000 seat stadium on campus that will bring alumni back to campus and create a weekend long atmosphere. A stadium here brings various challenges and issues that are another conversation, but going downtown and leasing from the City is not in the best interest of the UofM.

UofM doesn't even practice on "campus" campus but down the road. There is no way that will ever happen. It's more of a pipe dream than my proposal. A new stadium would dramatically increase revenue from ticket sales due to value added seating like loge, club and suites. Sitting in suites at the LB sucks, I've done it numerous times, you are in orbit over the field. The ability to block off an upper deck tastefully (see Vancouver)with lightweight fabric at a coffered angle and projection tech would totally eliminate the boat shrink wrap look and the limit on overall tickets should improve pricing for even the most basic seat, which would all be chairback. Better yet, you can open it up if need be. The trend is smaller but swanky (see Baylor and TCU). There are several cheaper fabric retractable options out there, just not many in the states. The newer stadium in Poland is a great example as well as Vancouver. Those lower overall construction costs plus it doesn't have to NFL level but nice enough. Louisville got U2 this last tour.

2. Does BSMF need to expand? What could be offered in a domed stadium that can't currently be offered?

Yes it does. That is another big weekend of money coming in. I have read from the management in articles that they are limited in the ability to attract the type of headliners that you see at Jazz and Heritage and Bonnaroo due to space constraints. That's expressly due to space constraints at Tom Lee Park. I should add an expanded Mud Island Amp might help with that as well or make an even better B stage.

3. That could be said for almost every large structure in Memphis.

Your point? Sounds like there needs to a bunch more of it

4. It probably would attract larger conventions/concerts/sporting events, but unless hotel space downtown is addressed in the form of 4,000 to 6,000 hotel rooms, there is still going to be an issue. The excuse that Memphis hasn't hosted large outdoor concerts due to the lack of a modern stadium is a bunch of bunk. Memphis hasn't hosted a large concert for the same reason the Forum struggles to get main stream acts marketed for 15 to 20k seats.

Do you not think concentrating your convention center and large stadium on the same street as your arena and world famous entertainment district would lead to lots more hotels? I think it does. Right now, folks coming to the LB can choose East Memphis or elsewhere and Cook is far enough away that there's little synergy with Beale and South Main to help drive a larger hotel. Put those two literally on Beale, you get the large attached Hotel and likely another large hotel due to the critical mass it creates.

As for the concert issue with FedEx Forum, I see this dynamic at play with OKC and Tulsa. Tulsa gets better and more concerts. I figure it's got a lot to do with having a NBA tenant that takes up a good amount of days that make it harder to route large acts. Little Rock benefits from Memphis in the same way. Some largearkets with same issue still gets the shows because of their size and that sets the tour routing to begin with. That said, it's got a lot better over the past couple of years for Memphis on that front. But...instead of two Garth Brooks concerts in ohe same day making the time between the two a logistic nightmare, one concert at a stadium would have been a more ideal situation

5. I could see if the LMBS was routinely hosting playoff games and other larger bowl games, but even added with all of the items above, if a new stadium worth the SHC and Liberty Bowl game? Not so much.

Sometimes it is, it's just something you got to have to stay in the game

Would it make the Liberty Bowl a BCS bowl? Very doubtful, but it could certainly improve it's image and therefore, desirability for teams to come. That could lead to bigger names and rising to one of the top non BCS sights. It would certainly open up hosting Elite 8 round of the NCAA. Couple that with regular opening rounds and you get a more regular hosting cycle.

What's the price tag of a new domed football stadium these days? 1+ Billion

You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm so glad that the days of Little Rock hosting home games for the UofA are numbered. It is an old antique dump that isn't very architecturally significant in anyway. Much like the Liberty Bowl. Add in the lack of modern day backstage luxuries that you need to elevate yourself in the pecking order and Memphis has one hand tied behind it's back. Being able to use the playing surface as your main exhibition hall for your boat shows, farm shows, car shows, ect consolidates the days of use from two old way past prime venues down to a new shiny one. That , along with bigger and more frequent events at the new convention center creates creates more critical mass to the main area downtown that benefits the merchants and restuarants making it more successful, busier and attract even better ones. The area where Cook is ow can be refocused and better tied into the St. JUDE and it's vision for the Pinch.

I banged that out on a tiny cell phone keyboard. It there are errors, it is what it was

Last edited by Wayward Memphian; Jul 10, 2017 at 3:07 AM.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 4:00 AM

FWIW with a dome with hosting the Elite 8- Memphis just hosted it's 3rd Elite 8 since 2009 in March and is set to again in 2021, since the opening of the Forum they've only hosted later rounds, never the First and Second Rounds-

http://www.commercialappeal.com/stor...onal/99496008/
How sweet is it? NCAA South Regional pours visitors, cash into Memphis/Wayne Risher/Commercial Appeal/ 3-22-2017

While I've always thought the city should have looked into starting from scratch on a new Convention Center (that area would make sense for available land), without an NFL team or any foreseeable hope for one in the future a domed stadium is something too costly that the city nor school would be able to build. Granted you can have a build it and they will come policy (ie more hotels/better future for the Tiger Football team)-- but none of that would even be guaranteed. Memphis can't even get close to capacity in the Liberty Bowl on most games so adding 20,000 plus seats won't necessarily boost attendance because it's a new stadium-- and things like that have no factor into future conference re-alignment. I've been going to games my entire life also-- the work on Tiger Lane and improvements at the Liberty Bowl are much better than what was there 10 years ago-- I wouldn't necessarily call it an antiquated dump (granted yes the fairgrounds needs something done)-- but UT and Ole Miss etc etc play in 100 year old stadiums-- LB not even close to those in age.

Also, just as an example, NBA All-Star Games are held in the actual NBA arenas themselves for the most part-- every excuse for never hosting that is lack of hotel rooms downtown-- so unless there's a larger hotel boom that would still be an issue-- especially with such a large stadium.

And an 80,000 seat stadium is huge-- what would BSMF get that would warrant that for an additional stage? That's almost as many people that would be at the festival itself on one of the days it's going on.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG901 View Post
FWIW with a dome with hosting the Elite 8- Memphis just hosted it's 3rd Elite 8 since 2009 in March and is set to again in 2021, since the opening of the Forum they've only hosted later rounds, never the First and Second Rounds-

http://www.commercialappeal.com/stor...onal/99496008/
How sweet is it? NCAA South Regional pours visitors, cash into Memphis/Wayne Risher/Commercial Appeal/ 3-22-2017

While I've always thought the city should have looked into starting from scratch on a new Convention Center (that area would make sense for available land), without an NFL team or any foreseeable hope for one in the future a domed stadium is something too costly that the city nor school would be able to build. Granted you can have a build it and they will come policy (ie more hotels/better future for the Tiger Football team)-- but none of that would even be guaranteed. Memphis can't even get close to capacity in the Liberty Bowl on most games so adding 20,000 plus seats won't necessarily boost attendance because it's a new stadium-- and things like that have no factor into future conference re-alignment. I've been going to games my entire life also-- the work on Tiger Lane and improvements at the Liberty Bowl are much better than what was there 10 years ago-- I wouldn't necessarily call it an antiquated dump (granted yes the fairgrounds needs something done)-- but UT and Ole Miss etc etc play in 100 year old stadiums-- LB not even close to those in age.

Also, just as an example, NBA All-Star Games are held in the actual NBA arenas themselves for the most part-- every excuse for never hosting that is lack of hotel rooms downtown-- so unless there's a larger hotel boom that would still be an issue-- especially with such a large stadium.

And an 80,000 seat stadium is huge-- what would BSMF get that would warrant that for an additional stage? That's almost as many people that would be at the festival itself on one of the days it's going on.
You have things mixed up. I'm calling for a smaller capacity stadium not 80,000. You are right, the Liberty Bowl is too big outside of an SEC team playing the Tigers or in the Liberty Bowl. The 80,000 was some one wanting the MDN article wanting to add to the Liberty Bowl. Now, that is insane. The NFL stadium has, what, 8 regular season games and a couple of preseason games. Some host bowls, some dont especially the open air ones outside of Florida. The idea is to find a way to add a couple of additional games outside of the Tigers, the LB and the Southern Heritage Classic. There's the trend of early season Neutral site games, Memphis would be in a good position to pitch this possibility with this stadium.

The stadium for a concert would only hold up to about it's normal capacity. My vision sees a stadium. With three levels. 25,000 capacity lower bowl that completely circles the playing surface, club and suites between it and the second tier 3/4's oval of 15,000 and another ring of suites and a third tier of about 7,500 to 9,000 that's a 3/4s bowl designed to optimize viewing events at the end that has just the lower bowl seating. Above that end, there would be a good sized plaza in front of a glass wall givong a glimpse of the to the west that could hold temp seating for the Liberty Bowl that would add about 5,000 or more if needed.

As for the arguement that Ole Miss and Tenn play in older stadiums, well yeah but how many 100s of millions have been spent to basically rebuild not remodel them o er the years. I can show you the original 100s section of Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville and claim that it's ancient. But... it's not especially after this

https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Just think of how many more Tar Heal and Wildcat fans would have came and spent if the venue was 40,000 instead of 20,000. Just saying

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 1:58 PM

Quote:
You have things mixed up. I'm calling for a smaller capacity stadium not 80,000. You are right, the Liberty Bowl is too big outside of an SEC team playing the Tigers or in the Liberty Bowl. The 80,000 was some one wanting the MDN article wanting to add to the Liberty Bowl. Now, that is insane. The NFL stadium has, what, 8 regular season games and a couple of preseason games. Some host bowls, some dont especially the open air ones outside of Florida. The idea is to find a way to add a couple of additional games outside of the Tigers, the LB and the Southern Heritage Classic. There's the trend of early season Neutral site games, Memphis would be in a good position to pitch this possibility with this stadium.

The stadium for a concert would only hold up to about it's normal capacity. My vision sees a stadium. With three levels. 25,000 capacity lower bowl that completely circles the playing surface, club and suites between it and the second tier 3/4's oval of 15,000 and another ring of suites and a third tier of about 7,500 to 9,000 that's a 3/4s bowl designed to optimize viewing events at the end that has just the lower bowl seating. Above that end, there would be a good sized plaza in front of a glass wall givong a glimpse of the to the west that could hold temp seating for the Liberty Bowl that would add about 5,000 or more if needed.

As for the arguement that Ole Miss and Tenn play in older stadiums, well yeah but how many 100s of millions have been spent to basically rebuild not remodel them o er the years. I can show you the original 100s section of Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville and claim that it's ancient. But... it's not especially after this

https://app.oxblue.com/open/universityofarkansas

Just think of how many more Tar Heal and Wildcat fans would have came and spent if the venue was 40,000 instead of 20,000. Just saying

Sorry, I was tired and typing too fast-- I see now you said 60,000. My mistake. I was hoping they'd move in the new stadium direction about 10-15 years ago but it looks like that ship has sailed-- for now. Something that will have to come up again eventually but as for now I'm at least happy they've built at least a tailgating area and a place for fans to hang out prior/after the game. When I was a student there the entire area was barns, etc. That's why I'm hoping at least for now they do something with the Fairgrounds to make it all interact. And I'd love a new CC but it looks they'll just go with their original plans of renovating-- which in itself COULD work-- I'm hoping they don't screw up the Pinch/Mud Island master plans, hopefully they do something to connect it all since it looks like they're going that route. As far as the land you are talking about near the CA-- perfect opportunity to re-develop as well. I could dig the idea of a stadium with the Forum connecting it all into a big entertainment area, but again unfortunately I think they've committed to the LB, nor would they money be there for it.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 2:04 PM

Also, I left off-- it seems in the 80's and 90's the big idea was to build a huge entertainment/convention center district around Mud Island opening (I think '82), then the Pyramid in the North with the Cook in between. None of that worked out like anyone hoped-- Beale was more or less just a redeveloped street farther South. Then, with Autozone Park and Peabody Place, then finally the Forum on the other side it led to a much larger boom with Beale/S Main etc that no one really expected. Essentially leaving the North End in a tough spot and the convention center disconnected from where most activity/tourists always end up- hopefully they get it right and you see active districts on both ends. Time will tell on that.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2017, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG901 View Post
Also, I left off-- it seems in the 80's and 90's the big idea was to build a huge entertainment/convention center district around Mud Island opening (I think '82), then the Pyramid in the North with the Cook in between. None of that worked out like anyone hoped-- Beale was more or less just a redeveloped street farther South. Then, with Autozone Park and Peabody Place, then finally the Forum on the other side it led to a much larger boom with Beale/S Main etc that no one really expected. Essentially leaving the North End in a tough spot and the convention center disconnected from where most activity/tourists always end up- hopefully they get it right and you see active districts on both ends. Time will tell on that.
You are still spliting your assets in a manner that doesn't lead to maximum return. Mud Island need to be refocused into luring weekend getaway type of family tourism and utilized year round. I've posted plenty on that. The brown windowless cardboard box that is Cook Convention could be razed or repurposed. The Canon Center would be untouched as it is a fine facility. I could see the possibility of a new office tower or additional expansion of St. Jude for that footprint to help drive the new visorn for the Pinch.

Here is an article on the impact of MIM and the Beale Street Music fest.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biz...ember.amp.html

Now imagine if the attendence could basically double for the numbers of one weekend of the music fest and then add the possibility of two weekends. Look at the out of town numbers.

Tom Lee Park offers a narrow, limiting space

Compare that to the vast expanse that Jazz and Heritage enjoys at the Fairgrounds

And that's just one end, there's another stage on the other end along with smaller ones.

You could be talking about an additional impact of 500 million in ten years just for the larger venue for one weekend, imagine two like the Jazz and Heritage is.

When they canceled the Sunset Symphony, lots of rumblings about a second weekend of the BSMF surfaced but it didn't materialize.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 4:22 AM

A closer look at the $25 million Nordstrom Rack development
Jacob Steimer, Reporter/ Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
The Nordstrom Rack en route to East Memphis is set to open Oct. 5, according to a sign recently posted outside the under-construction, $25 million development. Today (Wednesday, July 12), the Memphis Business Journal toured the 135,000-square-foot development, called Poplar Commons, to see the progress that's been made.
https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...trom-rack.html

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 4:27 AM

West Memphis to get three new hotels — including a Mid-South first
Elle Perry, Digital Producer/ Memphis Business Journal

Quote:
Three hotels are in the works across the river from Downtown Memphis over the next three years.
https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...cluding-a.html

MBJ

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
West Memphis to get three new hotels — including a Mid-South first
Elle Perry, Digital Producer/ Memphis Business Journal

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...cluding-a.html

MBJ
I've said for a long time that most of West Memphis' development would happen on the city's East end. All three hotels will be within 10 minutes of Downtown. Great news.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWestMemphis View Post
I've said for a long time that most of West Memphis' development would happen on the city's East end. All three hotels will be within 10 minutes of Downtown. Great news.

The dog track/casino needs a hotel tower on the west end of the track that offers skyline views to the east and get rid of the truck yard directly north of it for better aesthetics. In fact the dog track and horse track should embrace an amendment movement to break Arkansas in zones much like Kansas and go ahead and offer full gambling but offering just one mqybe two proposals per zone . The two existing would get some protection by already being the facility in their zone which would be Grandfathered in as that zones facility. Northwest Arkansas, Western River Valley (Fort Smith) , Southwest(Texarkana), North Central (target the Branson Market), Central (Little Rock), southern(Oak Lawn, Hot Springs) Eastern (Southland, West Memphis)

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 6:25 AM

Quote:
The dog track/casino needs a hotel tower on the west end of the track that offers skyline views to the east and get rid of the truck yard directly north of it for better aesthetics. In fact the dog track and horse track should embrace an amendment movement to break Arkansas in zones much like Kansas and go ahead and offer full gambling but offering just one mqybe two proposals per zone . The two existing would get some protection by already being the facility in their zone which would be Grandfathered in as that zones facility. Northwest Arkansas, Western River Valley (Fort Smith) , Southwest(Texarkana), North Central (target the Branson Market), Central (Little Rock), southern(Oak Lawn, Hot Springs) Eastern (Southland, West Memphis)
There's a rumor going around that Southland is getting a hotel, but I don't know how true that is. I've visited the websites of both Southland and Delaware North (Southland's parent company), and there's no mention of a hotel. Southland has a lot of untapped potential. It is pretty much the only entertainment in Crittenden County, and is way closer to Memphis than Tunica. It would be awesome if they created a complex and offered entertainment to all ages.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWestMemphis View Post
There's a rumor going around that Southland is getting a hotel, but I don't know how true that is. I've visited the websites of both Southland and Delaware North (Southland's parent company), and there's no mention of a hotel. Southland has a lot of untapped potential. It is pretty much the only entertainment in Crittenden County, and is way closer to Memphis than Tunica. It would be awesome if they created a complex and offered entertainment to all ages.

You should look out the casino in Durant OK, that is exactly what it is.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 7:37 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/...-revealed.html

See it now: New Memphis Riverfront concept revealed

Jul 18, 2017, 2:00pm CDT Updated Jul 18, 2017, 2:05pm CDT/ Michelle Corbet/ Memphis Business Journal

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 8:04 PM

More coverage...

New Memphis Riverfront Concept Showcases Economic Potential
Downtown Memphis

Quote:
The Concept’s interventions are designed as a connected series of short-, medium-, and long-term investments. These can add up over time according to available funding and interest—demonstrating how a renewed Memphis Riverfront can not only be inclusive and inspiring, but actionable and realistic as well.
http://www.downtownmemphis.com/news/...mic-potential/

rendering Studio Gang

rendering Studio Gang

Last edited by Johnny Ryall; Jul 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 11:10 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I'm looking forward to reading through the document. The redevelopment of many of these parks and green spaces could be very special. This is following a trend in many cities to redevelop parks as more of an interpretive outdoor experience. I hope parts can be come into fruition.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 2:15 AM

Snapshot: Downtown’s Latest Boutique
By Patrick Lantrip/ Memphis Daily News

Quote:
The framework of a 140-room Hilton Garden Inn across Union Avenue from AutoZone Park is taking shape... Turkey Creek (Hospitality) also acquired an adjacent parking lot and plans to develop a Holiday Inn Express there.
https://www.memphisdailynews.com/new...test-boutique/

photo (Daily News/Patrick Lantrip)

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 2:21 AM

Memphis Music Initiative to Occupy Old Downtown Firehouse

Quote:
The Memphis Music Initiative (MMI), a local nonprofit organization, recently signed a 10,000-square-foot lease to move its headquarters into the iconic Downtown structure, marking a new chapter in the building’s long history.
https://www.memphisdailynews.com/new...own-firehouse/

photo (Daily News/Patrick Lantrip)

Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 2:26 AM

Madison @ McLean Project Awarded 14-Year Tax Abatement

Quote:
Local multifamily development group Makowsky Ringel Greenberg has been awarded a 14-year tax abatement to construct a 132,477-square-foot, 108-unit apartment complex in Midtown Memphis. Named Madison @ McLean after the eponymous Midtown intersection it will reside on, the $14 million project is the first ever recipient of a Residential PILOT (payment-in-lieu-of-tax), incentive, which was created earlier this year by the Economic Development Growth Engine for Memphis and Shelby County. The approval comes a week after MRG reached a settlement with a group of Midtown residents on an unrelated Midtown multifamily project at East Parkway and Sam Cooper Boulevard known as the Overton Gateway.
https://www.memphisdailynews.com/new...tax-abatement/

rendering Fleming Architects

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations