HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 29, 2008, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff's two cents View Post
By the way, thanks for posting this omro - I, for one, hope the post isn't deleted (though perhaps the name could be changed), as it would be great to brainstorm, rant, etc.

Which brings me to another thought: Has there ever been any organized protest in Hamilton concerning properties (such as the Lister Block and the fed building) that are allowed to go to waste? Any protests, that is, directed against the negligent property owners themselves?

Perhaps LIUNA has its own squad of protest-busting auxiliary police?
People here honestly don't have pride for their city that way. I'm noticing that everywhere. No one cares about upkeep really. Look at how many weeds are sprouting up EVERYWHERE, sidewalks, curbs, anywhere. It's just been like this for so long, people are just used to it, and seem to be content with the 'status-quo'

I find people do like this city, but they're people who have grown up and lived here their entire life. Of course, there's transplants that see the untapped potential in this city, and live to like it. But yeah, I don't know why there is such apathy in alot of ways in this cities.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues