HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Jan 27, 2024, 1:12 AM

160 Edgevalley Road - 11s and 7s (Approved)

I get The Londoner delivered each week, and there is a section in there from the city on public meetings, notices, etc, and one of the notices from this week is that the city will be "removing the holding provisions to allow for the development of two residential towers at 160 Edgevalley Road."

And sure enough when I type in the address in the city's online permit registry, building permits were filed last week to proceed with the construction of "one 11-storey apartment building and one 7-storey apartment building with one level of underground parking garage"

Unfortunately I cannot find any additional info online regarding this. 160 Edgevalley points to a large parcel of land at the S/E corner of Edgevalley and Highbury at the entrance to a newer Drewlo subdivision. Townhouse condos were recently constructed to the north and the east. I attached a birds eye-view photo below.

However, the filing of building permits is a good sign as that's usually the last step before construction begins, and there have not been very many projects in London that started construction within the last year, so it's great to see another development potentially starting very soon.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2024, 1:49 PM

Interesting that this would be zoned for mid-rise apartment buildings. I expected Drewlo/Ironstone would build some more townhouses on this block. Given how close this is to the river putting one level of underground parking under these proposed buildings is surprising. I'm not even sure the current townhouses they have already built have basements. It would make more sense for these mid rises to be located up near Kilally Rd beside their new low rise apartments on much higher ground. This land is flood plain after all and I suspect all the homes located here have their sump pumps working 7-24 due to how close to the water table they sit.

Further south of this site Copia Developments has a zoning application for a couple of mid rise apartments as well which we have heard nothing but crickets about. Not surprising given Copia doesn't appear to actually build anything. That land too is flood plain and has a pond on site which is common around these low lying lands beside the river.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 7:26 PM

Activity on the lot today with a soil test drilling rig setup on the SE corner and some workers. If Drewlo does go ahead with starting this project I suspect we won't see any activity at their joint project with Auburn at Wellington and Bradley for a number of years. Most likely until after the BRT reconstruction of Wellington near Bradley is completed in a few years. Drewlo has plenty of low rise projects underway now to keep them busy for a few years.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2024, 12:06 AM

Construction fencing has now gone up around the property and Drewlo has set a tower crane base in place. This will be the second tower crane to go up in 2024.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates