HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 3, 2006, 6:52 PM

really?! wow! thanks so much newatlantismiami!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2006, 2:56 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Okay! Went by the Caribbean tonight! Looks like the old hotel is being renovated, if you don't already know that! The space just next to it on the south side on Collins Avenue has been cleared! I drove to the back of the old hotel to see what was there! CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY!!!!! BIG TIME!!! BIG SQUARE WALLED HOLE IN THE GROUND!!! BIG DRILLING CRANE TO PLANT THE PILINGS TO ANCHOR THE BUILDING THAT'S COMING!!!! Anybody know what's happening with Onyx2 and Element, let alone Soleil? They've all been on the radar for quite some time now! Onyx2 said they were starting in December when I asked them last year! Element was still alive when I spoke to them earlier this year, but as you can see in the upper left of Dave8721's photo on page 2 of this thread, it's still a big yellow rectangle that you could probably fit all of Brickell Citicenter on if it weren't for the height restrictions in that part of town! Steve

Old Posted Jun 4, 2006, 3:47 AM
Penn SWSoD GAR `09

Delete

Last edited by archifreese; Dec 22, 2023 at 7:19 AM. Reason: Delete

Old Posted Jun 4, 2006, 4:13 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

That is not good news for 500+ feet tall buildings extending north of Quantum! At 1900 N. Bayshore Drive, Quantum is, so far, the farthest north of the CBD where we actually have a 500+ feet tall building under construction. Element and/or Soleil being under construction would have brought the skyline as far north as 31st Street with buildings in the 500+ feet tall range. That's quite an impressive spread! Onyx2 would have helped bridge the gap between those buildings and Quantum. By my estimation, the sites are in a prime location, off the beaten path, but still close to the center of things, in an area not as over done as Brickell, close to the new Performing Arts Center and in walking distance of the Design District! Do all you developers hear that? Come on! Start building!

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Jun 4, 2006 at 4:59 AM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2006, 7:23 PM

anything new on 1080 brickell?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2006, 11:17 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

I was down in the Brickell area last weekend and can't say I noticed anything at 1080 Brickell, but I must confess I don't have much interest in anything under 500 feet tall! My philosophy is if you plan a building for between 485 and 500 feet tall, you might as well go ahead and break 500 feet for a respectable height by New York standards! Add more ornamentation! Anything that would be considered an integral part of the building! And I want to ask you guys something who know the Miami skyline. Do you believe Three Tequesta Point is really only 480 feet tall if Miami Center is 484 feet tall?

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Jun 5, 2006 at 5:40 AM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2006, 3:23 AM

Soleil!

I am so glad the Soleil may not be built. I am a very big proponent of big buildings downtown. But, like all major cities that have an impressive and welcoming urban landscape, we also need a highly dense, low rise area. The area between NE 24 st and NE 26st along Biscayne (Edgewater) should maintain its low rise, old-florida feel. Then we can have one of the great urban neighborhoods as New York has the Village, San Francisco the Haight and the Castro and the Mission, and Paris... well, Paris is pretty much all low rise.

Go Miami and the market finally regulating these developers that have no sense of urban design!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2006, 4:03 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

The FAA, MIA, and American Airlines would love that considering those streets and up to 36th Street are right in line with MIA runways! I think Coconut Grove is a great low-rise urban neighborhood, but it looks as though Blue on the Bay is going to be the north border of the new downtown expanding to encompass all of the Edgewater district! Miami will have a relatively large downtown, extending from almost the Rickenbacker Causeway to I-195, divided into three distinct districts: The Brickell Avenue area being the financial district, the old downtown from the Miami River to I-395 being the central business district, and the Edgewater district being the arts district with the Performing Arts Center bordering it on the south and the design district bordering it to the northwest.

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Jun 11, 2006 at 3:08 AM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2006, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasklar
I am so glad the Soleil may not be built. I am a very big proponent of big buildings downtown. But, like all major cities that have an impressive and welcoming urban landscape, we also need a highly dense, low rise area. The area between NE 24 st and NE 26st along Biscayne (Edgewater) should maintain its low rise, old-florida feel. Then we can have one of the great urban neighborhoods as New York has the Village, San Francisco the Haight and the Castro and the Mission, and Paris... well, Paris is pretty much all low rise.

Go Miami and the market finally regulating these developers that have no sense of urban design!
It was a cool looking building though. And it had a spire, for that reason you knew it would fail in Miami

Old Posted Jun 6, 2006, 6:35 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Are there any recent picture updates on Plaza on Brickell?
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jun 7, 2006, 6:05 PM

New Miami building from the Kobi Karp website: 100 South Biscayne (the current location of the old 19-story building next to the Wachovia). It looks like the shorter one is 36 stories above the podium which would make me think the taller one is in the 80+ story range. Nice. Appears to be mixed use office/residential. Hopefully more info to come.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2006, 11:21 PM

sweet^

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 1:19 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Dave8721 "New Miami building from the Kobi Karp website: 100 South Biscayne (the current location of the old 19-story building next to the Wachovia). It looks like the shorter one is 36 stories above the podium which would make me think the taller one is in the 80+ story range. Nice. Appears to be mixed use office/residential. Hopefully more info to come."

WOW!!! Super cool-looking! Thanks, Dave! One of the coolest-looking buildings I've seen planned!! I hope it gets built! I feel like Christmas did when I was a kid! Can hardly wait for Christmas 2010 when much of the new skyline will be in place! TOYS!!! TOYS!!! BIG TOYS FOR BIG BOYS!!!

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Jun 14, 2006 at 5:12 AM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 3:02 PM

Great location. Great building. Let's just hope this one doesn't go the way of 1101 Brickell. The Great Wall of Miami will already be sick without this building but if it is built, we will have one of the most amazing waterfronts in the world. We now have 13 buildings proposed or under construction along 14 blocks of Biscayne Blvd, 15 if you include Loft II and Marquis West. If all of the buildings are built, the only holes left in the skyline will be 500 Biscayne, the gas station next to Ten Museum Park, and the MDC campus. Just imagine what Biscayne Blvd will look like with the streetcar, museums, I-395 lowered and a wall of skyscrapers as a backdrop and all of this without any of the trucks coming from the port. It will be amazing.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 2:34 AM

what is the status of Park Place at Brickell? ...do we know when infinity 2 will start construction?...also it was reported on skyscrapercity that asphalt was broken on the site of Met2!!!!!!yay!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi123
what is the status of Park Place at Brickell? ...do we know when infinity 2 will start construction?...also it was reported on skyscrapercity that asphalt was broken on the site of Met2!!!!!!yay!
Don't know about Park Place but Infinity 2 just started advertising (I don't think has actually started sales yet) and there are still a couple of building standing on the site that would need to be demolished first. Infinity1 is (finally) starting to come up out of the ground at least.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 6:49 PM

cool! thanks dave ..how about 600 biscayne and paramount park?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 8:12 PM

Capital on Brickell has started advertising again. I would really like to see this developement happen. I love the tops of those buildings. Miami has nothing like it, and it would really add to the look of the skyline...

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 5:40 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Yes! Capital I and II have a stunning design that I wish could have stayed at the original specs of 805 feet each! They would have really soared! Having them chopped down was a crime against architecture! Paramount Park has a website whereby you can pre-register and get information as it becomes available, but so far that's all the information I can find. Paramount on the Bay I know is under construction from direct observation. Have heard nothing on 600 Biscayne. I can confirm from direct observation, though, that construction has begun on the first tower of ICON Brickell. Aside from that, Dave8721 has everything covered placing the most recent updates on anything on the website as they happen. I'm trying not to get too excited about what's coming because we can't be certain what will be built and at what height, but I'll say one thing for sure: There has never been anything like this in this country with this much on the drawing board at one time! It looks as though Emporis has given up on updating their Miami page. I don't think we will beat Hong Kong though for what was planned and built there for the first half of this decade, but I think it's a great time to be alive and in Miami if you are into this type of thing. Steve

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Jun 12, 2006 at 7:25 PM.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2006, 3:35 PM

dave8721 is 100 S Biscayne a serious proposal?.....also the first pic says it's a view from the southwest which would put the smaller building facing Biscayne Boulevard?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations