HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted May 19, 2015, 3:28 AM

Allusa Architecture have submitted the 97th Ave Gymnasium for building permit review:

Quote:
Construct new gymnasium
A building permit was issued for a convenience store at 5025 NE 101st Ave:

Quote:
New single story 3,024 sq foot convenience store with parking lot improvements on lot with existing service canopy to remain – separate permit for trash enclosure
A building permit was issued for an addition to the Cherry Park School:

Quote:
Addition with 5 classrooms, office and main entry, fire wall division of (E) buildng

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 7:52 PM

A series of building permits were issued for a development at 177 NE 147th Ave:

Quote:
Building 1 of 4 new apartment buildings on 2 lots, 3 story, 12 units, parking lot and associated site work included, detached covered trash enclosure less than 120 sq ft in area

Building 2 of 4 new apartment buildings on 2 lots, 3 story, 12 units

Building 3 of 4 new apartment buildings on 2 lots, 3 story, 12 units

Building 4 of 4 new apartment buildings on 2 lots, 3 story, office on main floor, 2 additional units above

Old Posted Jul 27, 2015, 8:42 PM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 12647 SE Stark St:

Quote:
Proposed development of a 46 Unit Apartment Project consisting of 2-3stroy light frame buildings with 36 proposed parking spaces.
A building permit is under for a 10721 NE Sandy Blvd, by Brett Schulz Architect:

Quote:
Insulated shell only; construct new 1 story building with associate site work

Old Posted Aug 3, 2015, 7:29 PM

BAMA Architecture and Design have requested Early Assistance for a project at 10010 SE Ankeny St:

Quote:
Lot line adjustment and phased development of multiple buildings to include multi-family, parking, industrial flex space.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2015, 7:40 PM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 14716 SE Powell Blvd:

Quote:
25 unit apartment development.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 4:54 AM

A building permit has been issued to EPR Design for a project at 12221 SE Kelly St:

Quote:
Construct new 2 story, 41 room care facility (42 total beds) with elevator; main floor includes lobby, laundry room, kitchen, dining hall, activity room, offices and resident rooms; 2nd floor includes laundry room, acitivies room, salon and resident rooms, parking, bike parking and stormwater facilities included, detached covered trash enclosure is 120sf (exempt)

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 8:14 PM

A Design Review application has been submitted for a project at 10506 E Burnside St:

Quote:
50-unit mid rise apartment complex. Ground level tuck under parking and additional surface parking.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 8:41 PM

A building permit was issued to Brett Schulz Architect for a project at 10721 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
Insulated shell only; construct new 1 story building with associate site work. No occupancy this permit

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 6:51 PM

"City proposes parking-protected bike lanes for Gateway retail district"
at Bikeportland

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 7:27 PM
BANNED

I'm telling you guys Gateway is going to blow up soon. It's the most untapped part of Portland nobody is talking about. Its relatively closeness to downtown (about a 9min drive on the freeway) It's little changes like this that will eventually transform Gateway to the next big area. It might not be tomorrow but I'll say easily within 5 years a lot of changes will be coming that have Gateway in a boom.

While also this is coming with a bunch of other improvements along the corridor including a new park at 106th. A real game changer would be some sort of connection from the MAX stop at Gateway to…anywhere! There is no signs, no wayfinding, and definitely no safe route to get from the MAX to Halsey or even 102nd. I have done this a couple of times, and even knowing where I was going I found it very confusing and unsafe. Portland claims it wants this to be a town center, but this transit center design tells a completely different story. Anyway, good for Halsey-Weidler- I can see this being a great place for redevelopment in the very near future.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovativethinking View Post
While also this is coming with a bunch of other improvements along the corridor including a new park at 106th. A real game changer would be some sort of connection from the MAX stop at Gateway to…anywhere! There is no signs, no wayfinding, and definitely no safe route to get from the MAX to Halsey or even 102nd.
Extending a bike lane through the parking lot at Multnomah st. to connect 102nd with the MAX (with signage and sharrows), and using the second lane on 102nd for parking on each side (thereby making a separated cycle track) are two steps in the right direction.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovativethinking View Post
I'm telling you guys Gateway is going to blow up soon. It's the most untapped part of Portland nobody is talking about. Its relatively closeness to downtown (about a 9min drive on the freeway) It's little changes like this that will eventually transform Gateway to the next big area. It might not be tomorrow but I'll say easily within 5 years a lot of changes will be coming that have Gateway in a boom.
I'm pretty skeptical that Gateway is going to see a boom and densification in the near future. It seems to me there is still too much infill opportunity closer in and that is where the demand will be. That said, I really hope I'm wrong. I think it would be a great catalyst for outer east neighborhoods.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2015, 5:25 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by athorak View Post
I'm pretty skeptical that Gateway is going to see a boom and densification in the near future. It seems to me there is still too much infill opportunity closer in and that is where the demand will be. That said, I really hope I'm wrong. I think it would be a great catalyst for outer east neighborhoods.
I am in this same boat, I see the potential the Gateway area has, just like I saw the potential North Williams had when it was a bunch of vacant lots and empty buildings....though with Gateway I think what will end up happening is a pseudo urban center with short buildings or it will take 50 years for it to develop into a real urban center. Either way, I think we will be hearing about how hip 82nd is and how that is the place to be before we see Gateway really take off.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by athorak View Post
I bought a mid-century ranch in Gateway last year that we are remodeling and have since closed on 5 other homes for clients in Gateway, Argay Terrace & out closer to Glendoveer. ALL of them were 30-something couples moving out there for the value & the amazing mid-century architecture you don't find closer in. Also, not to stereotype, but my partner and I go to happy hour at Ringside on Glendoveer a lot. Last week there were at least 5 other gay couples in there with us.

Gateway is about to explode...

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 11:37 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkealoha View Post
I bought a mid-century ranch in Gateway last year that we are remodeling and have since closed on 5 other homes for clients in Gateway, Argay Terrace & out closer to Glendoveer. ALL of them were 30-something couples moving out there for the value & the amazing mid-century architecture you don't find closer in. Also, not to stereotype, but my partner and I go to happy hour at Ringside on Glendoveer a lot. Last week there were at least 5 other gay couples in there with us.

Gateway is about to explode...

I been saying the same thing as well. It's so crazy the value and size of homes you can buy around gateway (Maywood park, Hazelwood, etc). What gets me is the proximity from the gateway freeway entrance to downtown is literally about a 9 min drive to downtown (no rush hour). It's just a matter of time this pocket of Portland gets developed to its full potential..

Old Posted Feb 10, 2016, 5:34 AM

Early Assistance has been requested for a project at 13434 SE Harold St:

Quote:
Proposal is to develop site with condominimums using the “A” overlay and amenity bonus to increase density to 16 units total. The existing residence will be removed.
A building permit was issued to EPR Design for a project at 17423 SE Sherman St:

Quote:
Build new 2 story adult care facility with site work

Old Posted Feb 14, 2016, 9:13 PM

Anyone know what's happening at the former Target space at 11826 NE Glisan? There's been a lot of construction happening there for weeks but I can't tell from any of the permits on Portland Maps what's going on.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 7:14 AM

DECA Architecture have requested a Pre-Permit Zoning Check for a project at 15023 SE Stark St:

Quote:
New 3-story, 40-unit apartment building with surface parking lot.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2016, 9:00 PM

Design Advice has been requested for a project at 10840 SE Salmon St:

Quote:
New 5 story 146 unit apartment building, 49 parking spaces provided
DiLoreto Architecture have submitted a project at St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church at 2400 SE 148th Ave for Conditional Use Review:

Quote:
Additions to exterior church and social hall with interior renovations and parking lot will accomodate non-conforming upgrades and stormwater.
A building permit is under review for a project at NE Glisan and 146th:

Quote:
New 3 story 3 unit condo building, associated site work included

Old Posted Mar 22, 2016, 7:14 PM

Doug Circosta Architect has submitted a project at 201 SE 146th Ave for building permit review:

Quote:
Construct new 3 story (24 unit) apartment building with associated site work; new play area, sports field area, and parking lot building 1 of 6, building 100

Construct new 2 story (2 unit) apartment building with common area on main floor and laundry roombuilding 2 of 6, building 200

Construct new 3 story (11 unit) apartment building with trash room on main floor3 of 6 building, building 300

Construct new 3 story (24 unit) apartment building; 4 of 6 building, building 400

Construct new 3 story (12 unit) apartment building 5 of 6 building, building 500

Construct new 3 story (19 unit) apartment building with storage area on main floor6 of 6 building, building 600

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland