HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 27, 2016, 5:33 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Any Delmar trolley updates?
i believe they are in the process of running the streetcar tracks on the eastern section, east of skinker towards the turn south on debaliviere to the history museum in forest park, now. most of the trackage and platform construction is done in most of the loop, from my understanding. this is just from observation, mind you...

i personally find the prospect of a new olreans-y streetcar annoying in a midwestern city like st. louis and wish that we were getting low-floor modern skoda cars so that i could put a bike on there and that everything would run a lot more smoothly and quickly for more passengers. but, you know, whatever..............................

Old Posted Apr 27, 2016, 5:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Not on vacation, just working a major project to be launched soon.
How about a hint. Which area of the city is it going to be built?

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 4:01 AM

St Louis' BJC North Hospital and Children's Hospital's cladding begins to appear on the outside. And the BJC Mid Campus Center lost a crane and the cladding is going up there as well. The Collge of Pharmacy Dorm is in full swing construction mode. The Metro Garage in CWE appears to be closed on certain floors and the BJC link is under construction. These pictures of these projects are on my Flickr Page if anyone wants to see them. The page is Chris Stritzel

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 12:55 PM

Arch City has put together a really cool website if you want to see whats under construction or in the works around St. Louis.

http://www.cranetrackerstl.com/downtown

Old Posted May 30, 2016, 1:08 PM

Planning Underway for Residential Tower at Kingshighway and West Pine

Quote:
Still, the Central West End is just getting started. nextSTL has learned of planning underway to build a high-rise residential building at West Pine and Kingshighway. The 0.72-acre surface parking lot, owned by the Silliman Group and Antheus Capital was acquired along with the purchase of the 16-story Parc Frontenac across West Pine and is currently used for resident parking.

Sources tell nextSTL that ambitions for the residential tower reach 40 stories, but may be scaled back due to construction cost estimates. Sources further shared that the owner has engaged Studio Gang architects out of Chicago for design work.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2016, 9:48 PM

If built to the full 40 stories, may this possibly be the second or third tallest in St. Louis?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 7:49 PM

It may have a shot at being 5th tallest. US Bank Plaza is currently the fourth tallest at 484 feet and that is an office property. Residential properties tend to be shorter as the floor heights are smaller. The current 5th tallest is 401 ft, so this could very well top that.

If this goes up with success, I would expect another project on one of the surface lots near here (possibly Kingshighway/Lindell) to beat this in height. This should be and IMO will quickly become the premier residential tower area in the city.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2016, 2:52 PM

planning underway to add 1.5 million sq/ft of urban office space on the east end of the clayton CBD between two metro stations by one corporation alone. that brings the business district in line with total class A and B office space in downtowns like fort worth, texas i believe.

https://nextstl.com

if this corporation were downtown, it would probably mean a new tallest, unfortunately. it's an arlington, va type district so an 800 footer would never fly. nonetheless, it's good for the innerbelt and on a dedicated ROW transit line.

Last edited by Centropolis; Jun 7, 2016 at 3:05 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstl2020 View Post
It may have a shot at being 5th tallest. US Bank Plaza is currently the fourth tallest at 484 feet and that is an office property. Residential properties tend to be shorter as the floor heights are smaller. The current 5th tallest is 401 ft, so this could very well top that.

If this goes up with success, I would expect another project on one of the surface lots near here (possibly Kingshighway/Lindell) to beat this in height. This should be and IMO will quickly become the premier residential tower area in the city.
For Comparison the Plaza in Clayton is 30 floors @ 409ft

Last edited by Moorlands; Jun 8, 2016 at 3:01 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 5:07 PM

i did not realize that residential tower in clayton was that tall. for the record, i'm no longer a clayton basher..hahah. i just signed a contract on a house off north and south rd (in southern u-city) so im soon to be close to the neighborhood, now.

i wonder what the realistic height limit would be for a tower in clayton...i imagine that the meetings just get more and more rambunctious until they realize they have to cap projects at some general height.

i'm actually suprised that there is not a DC style height limit in clayton. the clayton CBD is lacking real streetwalls, i think it would look loads better DC style, as there aren't 5+ story pre-war office buildings that naturally fill in gaps.

http://www.wilesmensch.com

Old Posted Jun 8, 2016, 8:17 PM

The first 6 months of 2016 have had more development news come out then I can ever remember. With the NGA HQ, Centene's massive expansion in Clayton, Cortex expansion w/ 200 Microsoft jobs a hotel and residential, the East of Cortex project right next door to that, and the Chemical/Railway Exchange/LaSalle/Jefferson Arms/Alverne buildings downtown under contract or in planning stages. Plus several potential new construction projects downtown near Busch Stadium.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 12:45 AM

I have a feeling that huge things are in store for the area surrounding the future site of the NGA. It's great to see St.Louis slowly erase all of the scars left by deindustrialization.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
I have a feeling that huge things are in store for the area surrounding the future site of the NGA. It's great to see St.Louis slowly erase all of the scars left by deindustrialization.
Appears you might be right. "McKee plans 500 unit housing development near NGA site".

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/g...d5b5d41ea.html

Old Posted Jun 9, 2016, 2:52 PM

The Lindell Residences latest photos:

4 floors to go!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 1:28 PM

nextstl.com

this guy is delmar is going to have a crane, soon.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 2:36 PM

Cortex Expansion

The next phase of construction in the cortex innovation district may be about to get underway. Microsoft is reportedly one of the new anchor tenants, bringing roughly 200 jobs. Among the new development also planned is reportedly a parking garage, hotel, 250 apartments, and 40,000 sf of retail space

https://nextstl.com/2016/05/165m-mix...y-next-cortex/

Old Posted Jun 17, 2016, 8:31 PM
Proud Homer!

Another crane has risen over the Central Corridor

Old Posted Jun 18, 2016, 12:54 PM

thats the club 34 spot, right? i knew that place wasnt long for the world when a roach crawled across the bar and practically in my beer...they knew the end was nigh. it was like an alcoholic ww2 vet bush pilot bar in the 1950s at its best moments. they even had a fucked up piano.

that old central west end is at one minute to midnight. i wouldnt want our flagship neighborhood flash-frozen in that twentieth century hangover, though.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2016, 6:48 PM
Proud Homer!

St. Louis University's Spring Hall is almost complete, while its Grand Hall is still under construction. Both are residential halls.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2016, 3:16 AM

new renderings out for the downtown clayton centene project:

nextstl.com

nextstl.com

https://nextstl.com/2016/07/renderin...layton-project

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations