HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Apr 27, 2006, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter
I know I'm in the extreme minority here, when I say that I don't mind paying higher prices for gas. It might mean that we learn to plan our cities better, where the main focus is on pedestrian friendly communities and transit instead of the automobile.
I totally agree with you. When I hear talks about developing the Natomas area, the first thing that comes to mind is SPRAWL SPRAWL SPRAWL!!! Why try to develop an area that totally relies on the automobile to get you anywhere? Not only that, but that whole area is a floodplain and why risk building anything out there that could potentially get flooded because of the weak levee system we currently have.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2006, 10:43 PM

There goes the neighborhood

I just got home from signing paperwork and giving my 10% non-refundable deposit so it looks like Saca's sold at least 2 units now.

Nothing much to add that Brandon hasn't already reported on. It took a little over 2 hours to go over all the paperwork and they gave us a large binder of info to take with us. I'll have some studying to do. October 2008 is the estimated completion date so mark your calendars for the moving party.....oops, I mean Open House party!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2006, 11:46 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Congratulations

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 6:40 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los_Lobo
I just got home from signing paperwork and giving my 10% non-refundable deposit so it looks like Saca's sold at least 2 units now.

Nothing much to add that Brandon hasn't already reported on. It took a little over 2 hours to go over all the paperwork and they gave us a large binder of info to take with us. I'll have some studying to do. October 2008 is the estimated completion date so mark your calendars for the moving party.....oops, I mean Open House party!

That's great to hear.

I'm really happy for both you and Brandon.

BTW I would be happy to help you move (if only I were going to be living here in 2008).

I'll assume for those who will be helping you move that the Towers will have service elevators???

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 2:58 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Quote:

"Moving party" -- heh, heh! That's when you find out who your true friends are! I'll likely be in Washington by then but if you cannot find anyone else to help you move I will gladly come down and help!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2006, 5:27 PM
Kodachrome

Great to hear Los Lobs... soon you'll have your view from above

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Congratulations to both Brandon12 and Los_Lobo!

I'm new to this forum and a potential purchaser of a Towers condo. We have found it nearly impossible to get any detailed information out of the Saca group in advance of our signing appointment in about 10 days. Wondering if either of you can shed any light on a few issues?

1. Did they provide you with any detail on what the homeowner's association fees cover?

2. Any information on whether Mello Roos or any other special assessments apply and what the cost of them will be?

3. Did they have any detail on available upgrades?

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieler
Congratulations to both Brandon12 and Los_Lobo!

1. Did they provide you with any detail on what the homeowner's association fees cover?

2. Any information on whether Mello Roos or any other special assessments apply and what the cost of them will be?

3. Did they have any detail on available upgrades?
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! The signing will take about 2 hours where they'll go over about 50 pages of info and have you initialize/sign each page. Then they give you a large binder with the HOA budget and other info to take with you. I've gone over a lot of it but am sure I have missed some. Here's what I've found:

1) The HOA budget is fairly detailed (even down to the $34,000 annual charge to sweep the garage). It looks like our water, sewer, garbage and gas will be included in the HOA dues, but electricity will not (Brandon, is that how you've read it?).

2) I have not seen any mention of Mello Roos but that is a darn good question. There is mention somewhere that property taxes tend to run 1.25% (1% + special assessments), which is pretty normal. Someone at the city should be able to answer that question.

3) They don't get into the upgrades that they'll offer but there is mention of "gas fireplaces" listed in the HOA budget. Somewhere else I saw something about "tiling of balconies". I'm sure they'll have lots of places where we can spend more money.

So what unit are you considering?

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

So what unit are you considering?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

We have our refundable down for tower 1, floor 33, unit 12. They recently told us we were "upgraded" to the 34th floor for free. Not sure why, maybe because of the 54th floor being added to the building?

Where will your new home be located in the Towers?

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 8:47 PM

Hi Los Lobo, Congrats! Have a question. Does the HOA cover homeowners insurance as well? Congrats to you also Dieler & welcome. I was also bumped up 2 floors because in tower 2 the units were planned to start on the 11th but now start on the 13th. No complaints from me.

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 9:02 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Typically in a high-rise condo building, the HOA insures the building structure, property and liability, but not your personal belongings, appliances, kitchen cabinets, carpet, or anything else inside your unit. That is usually your responsibility. If you're a homeowner now, you'll be surprised how cheap it is compared to homeowner's insurance on a house. Since you're only insuring the value of the items within your unit (and not the structure, injury liability, etc.), it ends up being relatively cheap. I live in a condo and my homeowner's insurance is only $400/year. That's without earthquake coverage, which you may not need in Sacto.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee
^ Typically in a high-rise condo building, the HOA insures the building structure, property and liability, but not your personal belongings, appliances, kitchen cabinets, carpet, or anything else inside your unit. That is usually your responsibility. If you're a homeowner now, you'll be surprised how cheap it is compared to homeowner's insurance on a house. Since you're only insuring the value of the items within your unit (and not the structure, injury liability, etc.), it ends up being relatively cheap. I live in a condo and my homeowner's insurance is only $400/year. That's without earthquake coverage, which you may not need in Sacto.
Thats good to know, thanks for the info!

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 9:37 PM

Oh wow, that is good news. I always though you would pay your 1+% in property taxes, PLUS HOA on top of that.

Old Posted May 3, 2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugit
Oh wow, that is good news. I always though you would pay your 1+% in property taxes, PLUS HOA on top of that.
I believe you still have to pay the 1.25% propperty taxes on top of the HOA.

Old Posted May 4, 2006, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim*high
I believe you still have to pay the 1.25% propperty taxes on top of the HOA.
You do.

Old Posted May 4, 2006, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Congrats to you also Dieler & welcome.
Thanks aim*high. Which floorplan do you have? Have you signed and left your 10% non-refundable yet?

Old Posted May 4, 2006, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieler
Thanks aim*high. Which floorplan do you have? Have you signed and left your 10% non-refundable yet?
2nd Tower - unit 13 - floor 20. I have scheduled my signing for the end of this month. I wish I was up higher but my options were slim considering the price increases & I was on the 2nd day of the 2nd sales event. but I'm happy with it.

Old Posted May 4, 2006, 6:40 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
2nd Tower - unit 13 - floor 20. I have scheduled my signing for the end of this month. I wish I was up higher but my options were slim considering the price increases & I was on the 2nd day of the 2nd sales event. but I'm happy with it.

Congratulations aim*high....

Old Posted May 4, 2006, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter
Congratulations aim*high....
Thanks Urban! Highrise house party 2008! FYI: the new floorplans were updated on the sactowers website, but you guys probably new that already.

Old Posted May 10, 2006, 10:28 PM

Third release of tower condos for sale

Sacramento Business Journal - 2:59 PM PDT Wednesdayby Mike McCarthyStaff writer

Developer John Saca is going to release a third batch of condominiums in his 54-story Towers on Capitol Mall project Wednesday night, announcing it on the project's Website.

The first two releases brought deposits on 470 units of the 804 total, said Tony Ammirato, the broker with the Ryness Co. who is marketing the project.

This bunch will be around 50, with a starting price as low as $394,000 for a one-bedroom unit, although that is likely to be sold very fast. Most of the units will be well over $400,000.

Saca will continue to release units in small batches, mainly because it may be necessary to sell at higher prices later on to cover increased construction costs during the two years of construction, Ammirato said.

The next batch probably won't go on the market until late summer.

The units being offered Wednesday night will be a mix, placed on different floors, and with different square footages and views. The news that they are on the market will be sent to, among others, 19,000 people on the project's interest list, he said.

Amiratto's team plans to put banners on the construction site at 3rd and Capitol Mall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area