HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 4:56 PM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinatl View Post
Any new information on this? I can't understand why there isn't more development by Phillips/CNN/Dome. Thousands are drawn to that spot every day and there is nothing to keep the people there when the games/concerts are out.
Isn't there a project or two under construction in that vicinity? There are a couple of "things to do" by Phillips/Ga Dome...Centennial Park, the Aquarium, WOC, Fairlie-Poplar, restaurants/bars, Rialto Theater. I was thinking that Centennial Park and Allen Plaza were already the hottest development areas Downtown...

Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Isn't there a project or two under construction in that vicinity? There are a couple of "things to do" by Phillips/Ga Dome...Centennial Park, the Aquarium, WOC, Fairlie-Poplar, restaurants/bars, Rialto Theater. I was thinking that Centennial Park and Allen Plaza were already the hottest development areas Downtown...
you are correct, and it's getting better. Can't wait for the hardrock to take out that school, and although I take my car to Mayfield Motors, they have to go as well! The amount of foot traffic in the area is impressive but it still needs some more cafe's and maybe some bar's. Stats seems to me like they have been doing really well so it seems the need is there.

The area directly across Phillips just seems like it would be so easy to develop, and would do well because of the amount of people drawn to the area every day. I know there are never sure things but this seems close to me. I think the location of the downtown Taco Mac is a little odd as well. Anyone know when they are supposed to open? That mellow mushroom needs to open soon too!

Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinatl View Post
The area directly across Phillips just seems like it would be so easy to develop, and would do well because of the amount of people drawn to the area every day. I know there are never sure things but this seems close to me.
Does Cousins still own the air rights to all the CNN decks? I know they did in the 80s and 90s. I agree, that could be a real bonanza. I love the gulch stuff but if there was a way to stitch Philips/Dome down to Castleberry, I mean, wow. I'm guessing Norfolk Southern has the rights along the viaducts where Techwood Dr (now Centennial Olympic Park Blvd) hit Mitchell and MLK but building stuff on tall, Atlanta-Station-style stilts there would definitely do the trick to connect those two activity centers.

BTW, if you haven't been over by Castleberry Point lately, it's looking awesome!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta