HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 2:34 AM

Major League Soccer 2017

Vancouver into the 2nd round of Champions League for the first time after knocking out the New York Red Bulls.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 3:53 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Seasons started bishes!! Let the fun begin!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 6:37 PM

Alright we got Vancouver and Toronto on board lets hear from Montreal to complete the Canadian MLS rollcall!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Alright we got Vancouver and Toronto on board lets hear from Montreal to complete the Canadian MLS rollcall!
Allez les bleus!

10pm match time

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
Allez les bleus! !
Yeah buddy!

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 8:15 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 8:22 PM

Allez Montréal!! Atlanta United have sold 33,000 season tickets for their inaugural season. Expansion fee for future teams to be about $150million USD..I believe Saputo paid 45M and TFC 10M.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 8:46 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Hilarious!

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 9:59 PM

Vancouver will be playing the second match of the semi-final next week in concacaf action. Being down 2-0 after the first leg I wouldn't expect them to win, but hopefully they can make it interesting.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2017, 10:57 PM

Vancouver trades away their "young star in the making" Manneh for a mid fielder and $300k.
His progress had stalled so I'm not too disappointed.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 3:27 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

I don't get it, Manneh's like their scariest offensive player, unless they're planning on some big moves, I just don't see the logic?? Tchani isn't as impressive as Manneh in my eyes.

Edit: Okay nevermind, r/MLS gave me some better insight:

Manneh is in the last year of his contract

We have a surplus of good Wingers

Davies is younger, and already better than Manneh

We need money, likely for a summer target at CAM

Laba needed help in the middle, Teibert and Jacobson weren't enough

Manneh has absolutely NOT achieved his lofty potential and he's had 4 seasons to do so

For every great game Manneh has, he also has an atrocious performance which is almost always a result of a lack of effort. This season he has looked incredibly disinterested in playing defense and let guys blow by him at basically every opportunity

Robbo has absolutely no patience for players who don't put in effort, regardless of talent, ever wonder why Hurtado continues to get time? Because he at least tries and it isn't his fault he's crap at soccer. I'd rather have that then a guy good at soccer who never tries like Manneh

For the last year the Whitecaps have hinted at a lack of commitment from some players, and players themselves have hinted at the same thing, we all thought it was just Pedro Morales but anyone watching Manneh over the last 2 seasons knows that he basically decides to show up only every other game

What we do with that money will define this trade as a win or a loss.

We get GAM if he's traded within MLS, we get % of future transfer fees, and we get a 1st round pick if Columbus re-signs him. That's a huge haul potentially for an underperforming half-hearted player at a position of strength and depth for the Whitecaps.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 7:22 PM

I hope they can take the $$$ and go after a number 10 that can replace Morales and get the ball to Montero up front.

Also have Yordy Reyna coming back after his foot heals too.

I was shocked a first, but once I looked at it, I think it was a good trade to make

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
I don't get it, Manneh's like their scariest offensive player, unless they're planning on some big moves, I just don't see the logic?? Tchani isn't as impressive as Manneh in my eyes.

Edit: Okay nevermind, r/MLS gave me some better insight:

Manneh is in the last year of his contract

We have a surplus of good Wingers

Davies is younger, and already better than Manneh

We need money, likely for a summer target at CAM

Laba needed help in the middle, Teibert and Jacobson weren't enough

Manneh has absolutely NOT achieved his lofty potential and he's had 4 seasons to do so

For every great game Manneh has, he also has an atrocious performance which is almost always a result of a lack of effort. This season he has looked incredibly disinterested in playing defense and let guys blow by him at basically every opportunity

Robbo has absolutely no patience for players who don't put in effort, regardless of talent, ever wonder why Hurtado continues to get time? Because he at least tries and it isn't his fault he's crap at soccer. I'd rather have that then a guy good at soccer who never tries like Manneh

For the last year the Whitecaps have hinted at a lack of commitment from some players, and players themselves have hinted at the same thing, we all thought it was just Pedro Morales but anyone watching Manneh over the last 2 seasons knows that he basically decides to show up only every other game

What we do with that money will define this trade as a win or a loss.

We get GAM if he's traded within MLS, we get % of future transfer fees, and we get a 1st round pick if Columbus re-signs him. That's a huge haul potentially for an underperforming half-hearted player at a position of strength and depth for the Whitecaps.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 7:02 PM
Go Chiefs!

Both Ciman and Piatti out with injuries.

It's time for Jean-Yves Ballou Tabla to show why I consider him to have the potential to become the best Canadian Player to ever play the game. First start in the MLS (just turned 18 yesterday) in replacement of Piatti.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 10:38 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Both Ciman and Piatti out with injuries.

It's time for Jean-Yves Ballou Tabla to show why I consider him to have the potential to become the best Canadian Player to ever play the game. First start in the MLS (just turned 18 yesterday) in replacement of Piatti.
The future is now!!! 18 years and 1 day old. By far the youngest player to score in an Impact uniform.

GOAL: Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla scores in the dying minutes of the game

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...g-minutes-game

People will never consider the Impact as a first class team as long as shitty players like Lefebre, Camara and Mallace are on the field. It's not normal to have USL players in the MLS 5 years after the jump to the superior league. If not for these guys, we would have 7 pts.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 4:35 AM
Go Chiefs!

I saw Laurent Ciman today. 12:40 at the entrance of Forever 21 on St-Catherine. He was talking on phone.

EDIT: I see all Mexican teams have once again won their home-away series in the CONCACAF Champions League and it's an all Mexican final.

Here is a crazy stat (that shows how much behind MLS still is compared to Mexico):

Since 2008-2009, the first year of that CONCACAF Champions League format, Mexican team are 29-2 against non-Mexican ones in a home-away series.

Only losses are the 2013 QF vs Seattle Sounders and 2015 QF vs Montreal Impact.

This is why Cameron Porter will forever live on as a Montreal legend!!!

Last edited by Nicko999; Apr 11, 2017 at 5:28 AM.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 10:05 PM
ハルウララ

Renovations completed at Saputo prior to Impact's opening match there. Mostly expansion of concourse and concessions.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...s-stade-saputo

Among the improvements:
  • Spaces dedicated to various food services at the stadium will increase from 5,700 square feet to over 14,500 square feet, while the number of service points will jump from 38 to 150.
  • Boutique space will increase from 1,750 square feet to over 3,000 square feet. All in all, over 10,000 square feet of public spaces will be added.
  • Food services will include even more Montreal dishes, notably a new smoked meat sandwich, a giant hot dog and Quebec certified beef.
  • Gluten-free options will now be available at four concessions, as well as a vegetarian menu in the suites and mezzanines.
  • Labatt will also offer a variety of microbrewery and imported beers at an improved location.
  • All regular payment methods -- cash, cards and electronic pay -- will now be accepted.
  • More live-action screens will be installed in the stadium so fans do not miss any action while waiting for concessions
  • Field-side seats will now be available on the South side, the Umberto Cesari Tower Club will be expanded and the President's Club suite will be upgraded.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 4:56 PM

Lefèvre suspended by the Impact

Quote:
The Montreal Impact announced on Wednesday that it suspended defender Wandrille Lefèvre for an indefinite period.

The athlete from Quebec would have published on his Instagram account an image that was contrary to the values ​​of the organization.

Our colleague Patrick Friolet reports that Lefèvre published a photo with a compressed air pistol at the Tir du Soleil amusement center, mentioning the American president Donald Trump, before removing it an hour later.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 4:40 AM
Go Chiefs!

Despite the Impact struggle this season, we are witnessing the future of Soccer Canada in Jean-Yves Ballou Tabla.

Just turned 18 but already 2 goals in 4 starts (8 games total).

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 6:20 AM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Despite the Impact struggle this season, we are witnessing the future of Soccer Canada in Jean-Yves Ballou Tabla.

Just turned 18 but already 2 goals in 4 starts (8 games total).
Don't forget, there's plenty of other great young Canadian talent making their way through MLS and are likely to get snapped up by European teams very very soon.

Cyle Larin,

Raheem Edwards.

Old Posted May 8, 2017, 6:43 AM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
Don't forget, there's plenty of other great young Canadian talent making their way through MLS and are likely to get snapped up by European teams very very soon.

Cyle Larin,

Raheem Edwards.
Cyle Larin is a beast but he's a forward so he's kind of useless unless the midfielders make the transition. This is why midfielders are more valued. I believe Tabla will pass Larin as the best Canadian player within 2-3 years. Both players could be a lethal combination in the future.

Raheem Edwards is not in the same stratosphere as Tabla.

Even the extremely hyped up Alphonso Davies is not as good as Tabla.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada