Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Salesforce Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 8:05 PM

....sigh

Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 8:22 PM

To be fair, jg6544 isn't completely wrong. Mostly wrong, but not completely wrong. The diagrams are also a good source for churches/mosques, stadiums, bridges, etc, and there are plenty of great cities without incredibly tall buildings (Washington comes to mind.) But still, this is "SkyscraperPage." Skyscrapers take precedence, as wonderful as those other things are.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2016, 8:36 PM

Currently being installed is what appears to be some sort of enclosure wall or screen to contain mechanical equipment behind the eventual crown. When the top mechanical floor was replaced with a 61st floor of office space, I wondered if there would be another floor added for mechanical equipment. As these pictures show, a "roof" has indeed been built for some of the equipment, which in my opinion creates at least a partial 62nd mechanical floor.

@Sky1Ron on Twitter

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamesalad View Post
You left out 524 Howard, the super skinny 500+ footer across the park from Salesforce and Oceanwide that I am super giddy about. And then there's Parcel F at 800' feet just west of it.
You're right, but those buildings wouldn't be visible in that photo. 100 Folsom is also outside of it. Oceanwide Center's shorter tower just above 600 feet would be visible though, so I know I left that out. Sorry, but I didn't mean to be detailed and precise. I was just generalizing, and keeping within the field view of the photo. ...And I know I wasn't clear about that either. Again to recap - it's going to be a rather impressive scene of buildings there in a few short years, for certain. It is very exiting to watch it evolve.

Salesforce Tower is beginning to look better than the renderings and models. The white features and the silvery gray reflective windows look fantastic in person and in photos. Also, the tower looks more slender than it seems in some of the renderings. That's great! It may not be as unique as the Transamerica Pyramid, but I'm almost certain that Salesforce Tower will become just as much a part of San Francisco to the world as the Pyramid has.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
You're right, but those buildings wouldn't be visible in that photo. 100 Folsom is also outside of it. Oceanwide Center's shorter tower just above 600 feet would be visible though, so I know I left that out. Sorry, but I didn't mean to be detailed and precise. I was just generalizing, and keeping within the field view of the photo. ...And I know I wasn't clear about that either. Again to recap - it's going to be a rather impressive scene of buildings there in a few short years, for certain. It is very exiting to watch it evolve.

Salesforce Tower is beginning to look better than the renderings and models. The white features and the silvery gray reflective windows look fantastic in person and in photos. Also, the tower looks more slender than it seems in some of the renderings. That's great! It may not be as unique as the Transamerica Pyramid, but I'm almost certain that Salesforce Tower will become just as much a part of San Francisco to the world as the Pyramid has.
I agree. I'm already surprised how much I really love the windows, curvy edges (looks a bit like Apple's spaceship campus), and sleek white/silver exterior. The renderings never really captured that.

I'm anxious to see how the crown turns out. That will really make or break the building IMO.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:32 PM

Have they started excavation of the remaining portion of the parking garage? I thought I saw a few catapliars on the webcam.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
To be fair, jg6544 isn't completely wrong. Mostly wrong, but not completely wrong. The diagrams are also a good source for churches/mosques, stadiums, bridges, etc, and there are plenty of great cities without incredibly tall buildings (Washington comes to mind.) But still, this is "SkyscraperPage." Skyscrapers take precedence, as wonderful as those other things are.
The "L.A. Noir" thread isn't about skyscrapers at all, yet it is one of the largest on this site if not the largest. There's a "transportation" section which has nothing at all to do with skyscrapers. Maybe the forum should be renamed to reflect more accurately its emphasis on urbanism. Having said that, there are some very interesting threads on smaller towns and rural areas.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg6544 View Post
The "L.A. Noir" thread isn't about skyscrapers at all, yet it is one of the largest on this site if not the largest. There's a "transportation" section which has nothing at all to do with skyscrapers. Maybe the forum should be renamed to reflect more accurately its emphasis on urbanism. Having said that, there are some very interesting threads on smaller towns and rural areas.
That LA Noir thread is in a section about general discussions. You are in a Supertall skyscraper section of a skyscraper website telling us we shouldn't be talking about skyscrapers or how tall they are. Perhaps you should hang out in the other sections and let us be?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2016, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman_95046 View Post
Have they started excavation of the remaining portion of the parking garage? I thought I saw a few catapliars on the webcam.
One thing I'd like to see is some evidence the tunnel connecting the TransBay Terminal to a BART station making this a true multi-modal (at least until Cal-Train comes) transit facility. In the original discussion of the facility they said there would be one but I haven't heard much about it lately or seen any evidence of building it.

By the way, I visit the site to find out more about the tower and it's construction, not to see people flexing their egos and measuring their genitalia. As a non-mod, I'm dependent on them to stop it and so far they haven't, but the site would be more user-friendly by me without it. Surely there are other sections on the site for the "my skyline/supertall/whatever is better than yours" perpetual debate.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As a non-mod, I'm dependent on them to stop it and so far they haven't
He's suspended again.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 2:18 AM

12/15/16

Rainy day view from E.C.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 5:14 AM

^ Great pics and just think of all this progress we're seen on this awesome project this past year-I remember just a lil over a year ago Salesforce Tower was a hella deep hole in the ground and look at it now!!

Oh btw I wonder much water had to be pumped out of that hole (since the project is on lanfill-I'm sure some water came up during the work).

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwards View Post
12/15/16

Rainy day view from E.C.

Man there are some angles of streets in SF (especially around Montgomery) that look like it could be in Manhattan. This is one of them.

Really loving this tower now. The windows and curves look so sleek. Reminds me of the Apple spaceship campus. The renderings really didn't do it justice.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 3:50 PM
Get me out of here

12/16/16

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 4:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
I remember just a lil over a year ago Salesforce Tower was a hella deep hole in the ground and look at it now!!

Oh btw I wonder much water had to be pumped out of that hole (since the project is on lanfill-I'm sure some water came up during the work).
I don't recall ever seeing any water actually pooled in the foundation hole for the Salesforce Tower or the Transbay Terminal however as you may know, the amount of groundwater pumped out from under these excavations (to prevent pooling) is a matter of some controversy now related to the unexpected settling and tilting of the Millennium Tower.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don116 View Post
Man there are some angles of streets in SF (especially around Montgomery) that look like it could be in Manhattan. This is one of them.

Really loving this tower now. The windows and curves look so sleek. Reminds me of the Apple spaceship campus. The renderings really didn't do it justice.
I was about to say the same thing. This picture looks like it's straight from NY.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 7:02 PM

To my mind, in this photo I took last summer SF is looking almost Blade Runner-like (the rain would make it more so as would the added height to the buildings since then):

Old Posted Dec 16, 2016, 9:18 PM
Green Berniecrat

Some pictures I took of Salesforce while wandering down Mission St a couple days ago:

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 12:25 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg6544 View Post
You sound like you're about twelve. Good Lord, they're just buildings.
At a site called "Skyscraperpage" please tell me you're kidding.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2016, 11:35 PM

Looking west from Oakland:

Oakland Lights
by dr.evil1967, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture