HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
It's 6PM at the Sheraton I believe, right? Walking over after work. I want to see this in person!
Pics or it didn't happen!!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 11:59 PM

Excited to see what is shown tonight!

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:00 AM

Yup decent sized crowd in the ballroom. Lot of old people, I might be one of the youngest here haha.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:05 AM

I'm really missing DNAinfo right now. There was a writer there that used to live tweet big meetings like this one.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:09 AM

Slide link will be posted on Alderman's website.

Height, mixed use nature has not changed. Just adjustments to base and top apparently. Rendering looked the same...

Edit: Confirmed same 1422ft. Can't believe they are talking about shadows wtf

Last edited by Ricochet48; Nov 20, 2019 at 12:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:18 AM

Here is the new presentation from today:
http://tribunetowerredevelopment.com...tation_web.pdf

Last edited by Fvn; Nov 20, 2019 at 12:35 AM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:26 AM

No height change...

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:33 AM
Life enthusiast

Good it's not shorter I guess, 1,422 is a nice sized building

I was expecting another 30+ feet as most developers would seize that opportunity but whatever, I'm just glad this thing is still in the works. Look forward to seeing the revision

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fvn View Post
This I believe is the new presentation from today:
http://tribunetowerredevelopment.com...tation_web.pdf
Thanks!

Leafing through, agenda all appears to be related to traffic and Pioneer court with no changes to the tower.

Though I'd post some of the renders from the pdf above in thread - hope they're not too big...

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 12:46 AM

^^ The renderings looked the same to me. I guess any architectural changes were so minimal they didn't need new renderings?

Anything new shown at the meeting that wasn't in the slideshow?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 1:08 AM

So glad the tower hasn't changed! Looks The same in the renderings, just new camera angles at the base. Looking sharp!
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...wpost&t=230331

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 2:14 AM

Oh wow some of the old NIMBY's had some interesting comments. I don't know where to begin. At least a couple commentators understood this is a city meant for tall buildings and appeared to love architecture. Well said sir's.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 2:16 AM

I want this like goddamn Christmas.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:27 AM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Yup decent sized crowd in the ballroom. Lot of old people, I might be one of the youngest here haha.
Quote:
Slide link will be posted on Alderman's website.

Height, mixed use nature has not changed. Just adjustments to base and top apparently. Rendering looked the same...

Edit: Confirmed same 1422ft. Can't believe they are talking about shadows wtf
Quote:
Oh wow some of the old NIMBY's had some interesting comments. I don't know where to begin. At least a couple commentators understood this is a city meant for tall buildings and appeared to love architecture. Well said sir's.
I couldn't make it out today. Glad we had some people on the ground out there giving updates.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 4:53 AM

Thanks to those who made it out and who relayed the information.

The renderings look great and that's exciting to hear the height hasn't changed. I actually really like the parking base.

That being said, part of me can't help but picture what a blow-thru floor or two added about midway through construction would look like though

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 5:01 AM

Yeah, looks the same to me. Love to hear who the hotelier is going to be. Chicago could definitely use a Mandarin Oriental, Shangri La, or even St Regis.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 5:17 AM

OK here were some of the comments from what I recall--

1) Dogs (blah blah it's hard for my dog to pee in Streeterville (yes the new dog parks are for the residents only; however Bennet Park is an option as the developer noted)

2) Traffic--too many people, too many ubers, why doesn't it have 1k spaces like Trump (ratio has dropped since trump, less cars are better esp. with Millennials, and the new drive configuration leveraging and geofencing the lower entrance which will have better lighting, security, and general appearance).

3) Density--dude compared it to the Phillipines, it was cute and explained that a LOT of people would be living in 3 acres (duh, look down the street... developer noted that some of the hotel complex on the block alone were close in occupancy, etc.)

Highlight of the night was the animated dude that knew his stuff explaining that we lived in a large city designed for this. He asked if there would be a water element in the court (nope too expensive) and why it wasn't 30ft taller (great question!).

Overall even some of the NIMBY's liked the design, but just questioned traffic. With three separate drop of spots downstairs, additional options upstairs, the rerouting of those large charter bus drop off's, and the removal of the circle interchange (for a T shaped one), should be sufficient for this to go forward.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:16 PM

Quote:

1) Dogs (blah blah it's hard for my dog to pee in Streeterville (yes the new dog parks are for the residents only; however Bennet Park is an option as the developer noted)

2) Traffic--too many people, too many ubers, why doesn't it have 1k spaces like Trump (ratio has dropped since trump, less cars are better esp. with Millennials, and the new drive configuration leveraging and geofencing the lower entrance which will have better lighting, security, and general appearance).

3) Density--dude compared it to the Phillipines, it was cute and explained that a LOT of people would be living in 3 acres (duh, look down the street... developer noted that some of the hotel complex on the block alone were close in occupancy, etc.)

Highlight of the night was the animated dude that knew his stuff explaining that we lived in a large city designed for this. He asked if there would be a water element in the court (nope too expensive) and why it wasn't 30ft taller (great question!).

Overall even some of the NIMBY's liked the design, but just questioned traffic. With three separate drop of spots downstairs, additional options upstairs, the rerouting of those large charter bus drop off's, and the removal of the circle interchange (for a T shaped one), should be sufficient for this to go forward.
Great news, thanks for the notes! I (vaguely) understand the traffic concerns, but how any sane person could prefer a parking lot in the middle of downtown Chicago over a signature tower is beyond me. What the hell drew you to the neighborhood in the first place?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:41 PM
N, N-Dimethyltryptamine

This needs to rise now. The signature tower of this cycle. Hopefully the NIMBYS don't do to much damage. The complaints about density and traffic are asinine but is a common universal NIMBY complaint. Why they continue to live in a dynamic city, one that is not static, is beyond me.

It would just be a shame if this drags on to the point where it won't happen. I feel the longer this goes on (let's say 2...3....4 years), the shorter the odds are.

IDK what the issues are really. Its a stunning tower, aesthetically it will not harm the skyline, I suppose there is a demand for it, and most likely they are only against it because of its magnitude. Just something to give the NIMBYS a reason to exist as they do not work and are like a fly on pu pu plater.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:43 PM

Quote:

^That was me.....I basically asked why the hell do people move downtown only to complain about tall building, traffic and people... Kind if the wrong place to be... Didn't realize I was animated... I was frustrated as hell after a lady complained about the height and the alderman pointed that Trump Tower was two blocks away and she was being stupid.

BTW people, the project when completed in its entirety will probably bring in about $25,000,000 in property taxes annually.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals