HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
I still don't understand why there needs to be 2 curb cuts instead of just an alley entrance. It's not like hundreds of people are living in that one building.
The existing building already has one off of Morgan, and presumably they can repurpose that one into the new development without needing re-approval from CDOT.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:52 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

There is green mesh fencing around the 676 N Lasalle parking lot as of yesterday. Parking lot is empty. Planters on sidewalk were removed a week ago. Construction must be imminent.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:53 PM
The City

^ Forgot what that is

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 5:18 PM
Team Alinghi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Forgot what that is
Rehab and addition by Cedar Street.

http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/1/22/...salle-revealed

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 6:59 PM

Nice to see this project redone with the Ahlschlager building facade intact, even if the rendering looks a little clumsy (could just be the lack of detail in the rendering though):

http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/11/8/...nue-tod-clayco

Last edited by ithakas; Nov 8, 2016 at 7:00 PM. Reason: Wrong architect

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 6:59 PM

I noticed this weekend that there was a Michaels cassion rig on the McDonalds site, they are probably going to start tomorrow if they aren't already working today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
lots of infrastructure can take on its own beauty, even if it wasnt the original intention. look at the newfound appreciation of old water tanks as another good example, or remnants of cobblestone, or old railroad tracks still embedded in pavement in downtown neighborhoods, or obsolete lift bridges still kept around. does everything have to have such a purist standpoint?

http://photo.jellyfields.com/image/1...dows-lines.jpg

and these sorts of little touches are things that enhance the visual texture of our city compared to more generic modern areas. theres actual history that has taken place here and you can see it for yourself.
I'm not agaisnt fire escapes in general, I just don't think they belong on the fronts of buildings. Like I said, I have one myself and you are right, it's a great place for the tenants to keep a couple of potted plants and a small bench. I like it because the tenants in one unit that it accesses smoke and they use it as their smoker's outpost keeping them from being tempted to do it inside or from sitting outside the front door annoying the other tenants.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 7:44 PM
Plenary pleasures.

^^That image is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
Not sure about the location...something like the H2O site might be better - closer to the park, more residential, and might help sell that development to the neighborhood NIMBYs.
I'd be happy to see a library at either of those sites. Keep in mind, the Coyne site is closer to the center of the gap between other nearby libraries. And, especially with the prospect of PMDs being eroded, it could be a development site as well.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 12:18 AM

Does anybody know when the 35th St pedestrian bridge over LSD is supposed to open to the public? I thought it was supposed to open in October but when I checked it a couple of weeks ago it still wasn't open but looked to be close to done.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PRUROCKS! View Post
Does anybody know when the 35th St pedestrian bridge over LSD is supposed to open to the public? I thought it was supposed to open in October but when I checked it a couple of weeks ago it still wasn't open but looked to be close to done.
Today

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...h-street-opens

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
What are you talking about? I'm talking about the Al's Beef on SE corner of Ohio and Wells, next to that 60-room hotel.
Ah ok, sorry I thought you were referring to the Al's Beef by the hotel on Clark in Wrigleyville, close to the Wheelhouse Hotel that is being built there...I saw your post, and mistakenly thought you were referring to the Al's Beef, which is close to the closed Einstein Bros.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
lots of infrastructure can take on its own beauty, even if it wasnt the original intention. look at the newfound appreciation of old water tanks as another good example, or remnants of cobblestone, or old railroad tracks still embedded in pavement in downtown neighborhoods, or obsolete lift bridges still kept around. does everything have to have such a purist standpoint?

http://photo.jellyfields.com/image/1...dows-lines.jpg

and these sorts of little touches are things that enhance the visual texture of our city compared to more generic modern areas. theres actual history that has taken place here and you can see it for yourself.
+1, I love the visual aesthetic that all of these things you listed, deliver to the urban fabric/urban environment. These types of objects help to create the vibe that so many hold hold dear, in city neighborhoods etc.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2016, 2:32 PM

5 story, 49 unit building with ground floor business space issued a new permit yesterday for the vacant lot at 4447 N Kedzie in Albany Park a little south of the Kedzie Brown Line stop:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9625...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshoe View Post
Thanks!

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 2:11 AM

Downtown Evanston - 1571 Maple

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 3:02 AM
The City

I love downtown Evanston.

Had to say that. Carry on, lads...

Steely the other day I believe I walked by your company's office.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
5 story, 49 unit building with ground floor business space issued a new permit yesterday for the vacant lot at 4447 N Kedzie in Albany Park a little south of the Kedzie Brown Line stop:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9625...8i6656!6m1!1e1
Great, that site has been vacant for quite a while.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 2:24 PM

33 unit building with retail permitted for Armitage and Richmond (1955 N Richmond) in Logan Square near Parson's Chicken. Currently a vacant lot:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9174...8i6656!6m1!1e1

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
33 unit building with retail permitted for Armitage and Richmond (1955 N Richmond) in Logan Square near Parson's Chicken. Currently a vacant lot:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9174...8i6656!6m1!1e1
There was a two story double lot commercial building there before, nothing special. But they tore it down this summer. Was wondering how quickly they'd break ground.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2016, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
There was a two story double lot commercial building there before, nothing special. But they tore it down this summer. Was wondering how quickly they'd break ground.
I think you are talking about the building just east of the lot. The majority of the property, which is the lot to the west, has been vacant since at least 2007. Here is a better look. The development would be that building on the left and the lot on the right

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9174...7i13312!8i6656

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development