HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 2:28 PM
-

1630 Canal Hotel about to really get moving!

1630 Canal St·Dumpster/Construction Zone ·Ref Code: PXW7SE
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Dumpster/Construction Zone
Applicant:
Woodward Design + Build LLC
Application Review
Date Filed:
6/21/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Parking lane and sidewalk closure on Canal St between S. Robertson and S. Claiborne

200-Unit Apartment Complex to Replace Capri Motel on Tulane Avenue

http://canalstreetbeat.com/200-unit-...er-demolition/

Stirling Moves Headquarters to Pan American Life Center In Downtown NOLA

http://canalstreetbeat.com/stirling-...downtown-nola/

1407 Prytania St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 45FTR7
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
DAVID L GLASGOW
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/21/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Applying for the HDLC ARC board review on the 28th of June. Full drawings to follow. The renovation is of existing buildings to convert to a hotel. At the front of the building at 1407 Prytania the historic porch is being recreated. The front of 1409 Prytania Street will also have some façade renovations.

1818 Carondelet St·New Construction ·Ref Code: XC8QBW
Download (6) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Patrick’s Place East, LLC
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/20/2016
Closed:
No
Description
New construction of a 3 unit apartment building as per plans.

1532 Robert E Lee Blvd·New Construction ·Ref Code: K61SHL
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Verges Rome Architects
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/20/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Construction of new 4,861 sf one-story branch bank building and drive-up facility; including concrete foundation system with pilings; metal stud bearing walls; brick veneer; wood roof trusses with plywood decking and asphalt shingles; interior partitions with metal studs and gypsum board; floor and wall finishes; HVAC, plumbing, subsurface utilities, electrical, lighting, and communications systems for a fully operational facility. Site work, except as specifically noted, shall be provided by others.

WAREHOUSE DISTRICT— Rouler, a new bike shop and bike-centric cafe has just opened right off the Baronne Street bike lane dowtown.

Owner Wes McWhorter is sourcing coffee from French Truck, brews from Urban South, and pastries from Gracious Bakery. There’s also a menu of lighter fare including egg cups, sandwiches and salads.

Certified open at 601 Baronne Street, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (504) 327-7655. Official website here. [NOLA.com]

WAREHOUSE DISTRICT— Atlanta-based, NYC-style deli Goldberg’s Bagel Company & Deli is heading to 925 Common, a new luxury apartment building (next to The Roosevelt Hotel) this winter. According to a press release, Goldberg’s will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily with 160 seats in a 6,500-square-foot restaurant space including a cocktail bar and a coffee bar. More Louisiana expansions are planned. [Eaterwire]

Bellocq Will Shutter on June 20 Due To Sale of Hotel Modern

http://nola.eater.com/2016/6/16/1195...bellocq-closes

I have a feeling this sale means some serious renovations to the ground level of this property. Its really ripe for improvement the interaction this building could have with lee circle and st charles ave.

MID CITY— Fharmacy, a new eatery from the is now open from New Orleans East natives and Namese alum Chien Nguyen and Nhat Nguyen, in the former Dis & Dem space, Ian McNulty reports. A menu of comfort food snacks including burgers, wings, and boudin balls is complimented by a full bar. Status: Certified open at 2540 Banks St. Monday to Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (504) 324-6090. Online here. [Advocate]

CANAL STREET— The ‘fanciest’ Waffle House in America has opened in the medical district, Helen Freund reports, but it doesn’t seem so fancy (just has outdoor seating). 24 hours of waffles, hashbrowns and more. Status: Certified open at 2500 Canal St., 504-827-5960. [Gambit]

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Demolition is moving full speed ahead at the Torres Bayou St. John site - warehouses being torn down and slabs being cleared.

Don't see much going on at 1031 Canal, The Standard, or the Parkway Apartments. I don't know whether there's some holdup at 1031 Canal, but they may be waiting for the streetcar work to finish - it seems to be pretty done except for the repaving of Rampart.
From what I heard from a subcontractor bidding 1031, they can't get a steady stream of concrete trucks with the road construction going on. They are going to be doing the concrete structure for 9-10 months and will need concrete trucks coming in every day all day. Supposedly, they are going to start pretty soon after the rampart st construction. He didn't mention anything about the design changing. I don't see how they can change the look of the building if the city had input in its design.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
200-Unit Apartment Complex to Replace Capri Motel on Tulane Avenue

http://canalstreetbeat.com/200-unit-...er-demolition/
Anyone know who the developer is on the Capri Hotel? This place is going to be fully occupied being across from the hospital.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 1:49 AM

Not sure if this has already been posted, but there's a new rendering of The Standard on Domain's website, and it looks noticeably different than the previous renderings.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 1:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
Not sure if this has already been posted, but there's a new rendering of The Standard on Domain's website, and it looks noticeably different than the previous renderings.

Yeah its same basic form but the color schemes changed. I think it looks better like this but both designs were nice. Morris Adjmi does some good stuff. Love his projects around the high line in New York.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 1:19 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnolae16 View Post
Anyone know who the developer is on the Capri Hotel? This place is going to be fully occupied being across from the hospital.

Frischertz electric is involved.

And this is legal company representing.

http://lnmlaw.com/site/contact-us/

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 2:16 PM

Any idea what will be opening at the old howard ave times picayune building?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 2:53 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdw0p View Post
An apartment building. I had renderings from awhile back. not sure where they are now! BUT if you check canal street beat its easy to search for them.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 6:45 PM

Hotel Modern to become Intercontinental Hotel

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...tinental-hotel

Guess we will have two now? Or maybe a different brand under the Intercontinental Umbrella?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 11:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
Hotel Modern to become Intercontinental Hotel

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com...tinental-hotel

Guess we will have two now? Or maybe a different brand under the Intercontinental Umbrella?

we dont know which intercontinental brand it will be!

"InterContinental operates nine hotel brands, and the brand being adopted by the Hotel Modern wasn’t specified."

Intercontinental Brands

I feel like the likely brands for that area and new orleans are Kimpton, Hotel Indigo (althought thats probably too close to the other one), Even Hotels.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 1:54 AM
-

Quote:
Sorry I was thinking of another building. No idea about times picayune and what it will be but I doubt anything residential.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2016, 2:59 PM

Quote:
we dont know which intercontinental brand it will be!

"InterContinental operates nine hotel brands, and the brand being adopted by the Hotel Modern wasn’t specified."

Intercontinental Brands

I feel like the likely brands for that area and new orleans are Kimpton, Hotel Indigo (althought thats probably too close to the other one), Even Hotels.
Kimpton used to be here before Katrina in the masonic temple where the St. Charles Hilton is now.
What do you all think of Kimpton?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Sorry I was thinking of another building. No idea about times picayune and what it will be but I doubt anything residential.
I don't remember where I saw it, maybe Nextdoor, someone said rumor of a homeless shelter? Sounds way off I would imagine.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 2:29 PM
-

Quote:
I don't remember where I saw it, maybe Nextdoor, someone said rumor of a homeless shelter? Sounds way off I would imagine.

Hmm thats very interesting. I know city wants to build one to consolidate and that location is industrial so no neighbors to be a problem and its not too far from bridge house. Not sure how that facility would work for that though. Guess time will tell.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 2:32 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnolae16 View Post
Kimpton used to be here before Katrina in the masonic temple where the St. Charles Hilton is now.
What do you all think of Kimpton?
I like Kimpton and considering the new hotels opening up here that brand just seems most on point. Hotel Monaco was the Kimpton hotel that was here in the old Masonic Temple. was a cool place if I remember correctly.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 4:20 PM
-

Finally got lights and power on at my house 201 S Villere:

Its a lot of pics but in case anyone is interested heres a close to finished product..

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 6:34 PM

Curious, what's the reasoning for those exterior lights in the front on the second floor and on the Cleveland side of your house?

Old Posted Jun 25, 2016, 7:30 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by typo86 View Post

Curious, what's the reasoning for those exterior lights in the front on the second floor and on the Cleveland side of your house?
good question! The lights clashed because of the one by my door. plus I wanted front to look a little different than the side. Also plan to add a balcony on front sometime soon

Old Posted Jun 27, 2016, 3:47 AM
-

RFP for New Orleans Aiport Hotel is out!
Bid Solicitation: 8910-02036
Header Information
Bid Number: 8910-02036 Description: RFP for Design Construction and Operation of Airport Hotel Bid Opening Date: 09/16/2016 04:00:00 PM
Purchaser: Nat Celestine Organization: City of New Orleans
Department: 8910 - N.O. AVIATION BOARD - FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION Location: ABFAP - FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION PURCHASING
Fiscal Year: 16 Type Code: RP - RFP Allow Electronic Quote: No
Alternate Id: Required Date: Available Date : 06/24/2016 05:00:00 AM
Info Contact: Nat Celestine, 1300 Perdido St., New Orleans, LA 70112, Email: Procurement@nola.gov Bid Type: OPEN Informal Bid Flag: No
Purchase Method: Open Market
Pre Bid Conference:
Bulletin Desc:
Ship-to Address: Mary Riddle
P.O. Box 20007
New Orleans, LA 70141
US
Email: maryr@flymsy.com
Phone: (504)463-1079 Bill-to Address: Mary Riddle
P.O. Box 20007
New Orleans, LA 70141
US
Email: maryr@flymsy.com
Phone: (504)463-1079 Print Format: Default Print Format
Attachments: RFP for Airport Hotel Design Construction and Operation.pdf
Item Information
Item # 1: ( 909 - 10 ) Request for Proposals: The City of New Orleans (City) by and through the New Orleans Aviation Board (NOAB) is seeking proposals from experienced firms for the design, construction and operation of an on-site hotel.
NIGP Code: 909-10
Airport Facility Construction
Qty Unit Cost UOM Total Discount Amt. Tax Rate Tax Amount Total Cost
1.0 EA - Each
Manufacturer: Brand: Model:
Make: Packaging:

Old Posted Jun 28, 2016, 1:06 PM
-

828 Perdido St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: Y0XFE4
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Alexandra Shabouk
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/24/2016
Closed:
No
Description
Change of Use from R-2 to R-1 to convert Apt to Hotel. Minimal upgrades to life safety as per plans

Factors Row to be a Stay Alfred Property:

http://www.stayalfred.com/

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations