HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 9:35 PM

Hard to admit...but I"m totally rooting for the Nuggets right now.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 9:45 PM

I'll take the Nuggets over the Lakers any day.
And despite the fact that the Nuggets are Jazz rivals, I find them much easier to root for now that 'Melo is gone.

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 9:49 PM
of Gnomeregan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
I find them much easier to root for now that 'Melo is gone.
So do most residents of Denver

Old Posted May 9, 2012, 10:00 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I will never cheer for the Nuggets.

As for the Jazz, they are a joke and an embarrassment to our city.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Last edited by SLC Projects; May 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Old Posted May 19, 2012, 12:17 AM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
I'll take the Nuggets over the Lakers any day.
And despite the fact that the Nuggets are Jazz rivals, I find them much easier to root for now that 'Melo is gone.
You know once upon a time I actually was a fan of the guy, but he is the type of player who doesn't realize his potential and I don't think he ever will. In fact you really don't hear much about him these days, ESPN or sports talk radio, and NYC Fans don't really care for him all that much either.

IMHO He only punked out and went to NY because his wife Lala had her 106th and Park Show on BET and it wasn't convienient for her to be between NY and Denver all the time just for her carrer. So we all know who "wears the pants" in that household!!! LMAO

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 6:06 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Please.......anyone but OKC, no really if a city who's only had a NBA team for 5 years end up winning the title this year, this will be the biggest embarrassment for the Utah Jazz who we had for 30+ years and still no title.

No really what ever OKC is doing the Jazz need to take notes.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Please.......anyone but OKC, no really if a city who's only had a NBA team for 5 years end up winning the title this year, this will be the biggest embarrassment for the Utah Jazz who we had for 30+ years and still no title.

No really what ever OKC is doing the Jazz need to take notes.
OKC has a superstar in Kevin Durant and excellent role players (and potential superstars-in-the-making) in Westbrook and Harden. That combined with good veterans like Perkins and Fisher, and role players like Collison, Sefolosha and Ibaka. They have great team chemistry and a very underrated coach in Scott Brooks. If they get past the Spurs in the conference finals (I think they'll close out the Lakers in OKC this week) then they will likely beat the East champ and win it all.

Old Posted May 20, 2012, 7:12 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
OKC has a superstar in Kevin Durant and excellent role players (and potential superstars-in-the-making) in Westbrook and Harden. That combined with good veterans like Perkins and Fisher, and role players like Collison, Sefolosha and Ibaka. They have great team chemistry and a very underrated coach in Scott Brooks. If they get past the Spurs in the conference finals (I think they'll close out the Lakers in OKC this week) then they will likely beat the East champ and win it all.

God I hope not. For a city who just five years ago went from no pro NBA team to maybe winning a NBA title bothers me. Not when there are fan bases out there who have gone decades without ever winning anything. Why do they get to win it all in a short time when other teams and fan base have worked just as hard if not harder then OKC. It's really hard for me to see why they would even deserve one right now ( not saying they should never win one ever ) when OKC reap the benefits from all the scouting and hard work Seattle did when they started building up that team. Who drafted up Kevin Durant? OKC fans are damn lucky to have a what will be a championship team handed to them because Seattle drop the ball. Seattle must be kicking themselves right now.
Sorry to come across as being jealous, but yes I'm a bit jealous. I've been a Jazz fan since 1989 and while I have giving up on them as of late it's always been a dream of mine to see Salt Lake City win a NBA title only to have my heart broken in 1997 and 1998. And now here comes OKC who's only had a NBA team for a FEW seasons and they could be living my dream. It's not FAIR!!!
I wish the Miller family would get off their ass and DO SOMETHING with the Jazz team to turn them into that championship team we all have been waiting and waiting and waiting decades for.
It's just depressing to witness this. I'm sure Denver fans can also relate to this also.

Old Posted May 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
Lurker

OKC Thunder is not a new team. They used to be the Seattle Supersonics, but changed ownership, location, and name. I wouldn't mind if they took the title.

Last edited by SLCdude; May 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 4:17 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Thank you Heat. That would of been too painful to watch OKC win it.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 4:27 AM

I'm with you, Projects. I actually hate the Heat, but as a bitter Jazz fan who doesn't want to see a fanbase that has only been around for a couple years celebrate a championship, I couldn't cheer for the Thunder. Thanks Heat!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 8:32 AM
Lurker

Once again, I want the Thunder to win. They are not a new team, since they moved from Seattle. Plus I don't like LeBron, and Wade already has a championship. GO THUNDER!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCdude View Post
Once again, I want the Thunder to win. They are not a new team, since they moved from Seattle. Plus I don't like LeBron, and Wade already has a championship. GO THUNDER!
Well...

A. The Thunder have already lost

B. We know they are not a new team. I'm talking about a new fan base. One that didn't EXIST 4 years ago.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2012, 7:15 AM
Bring out the cranes...

So I guess the new collective bargaining agreement in the NBA doesn't mean s**t when teams like Lakers, Heat and Boston are BUYING up all the best players. The Jazz might as well play in the D-league since Small markets have zero chance of competing. Totally ridiculous. What a joke the NBA has become. It must be awesome being a Laker, Celtic or Heat fan. Knowing you'll always finish in the top 5 EVERY YEAR for no other reason than the fact that the league is rigged!!!
Something to think about... 46 of the last 50 NBA championship teams were from the top 10 TV markets in the league. The exception being the San Antonio Spurs. Of course, while the city of San Antonio isn't a large market, Texas is very large.
As an former Jazz fan I realized years ago the Jazz had no chance at landing any superstar players and even less of a chance at winning a championship. What is the point of being a fan of a team that you know will never finish on top......ever.
Sorry to say but it's all about the Lakers, Celtics and now Heat.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West