HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jun 3, 2010, 11:35 PM

Well, it looks like the Cheetah club is getting all gussied up.

The Cheetah's Bill Hagood celebrates his 75th with a million dollar gift for customers

Old Posted Jun 15, 2010, 9:21 PM

Thad and Joes

The old Thad and Joes (later TJ's) on W. Peachtree across from the Palomar has a new sign up for "Daiquiri Factory" and they're doing a bunch of inside work.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2010, 2:57 PM

Wish The Cheetah would spend money on the outside. It's an unbelievable eyesore.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2010, 3:22 PM

The Waffle House in Tech Square has been open for a few weeks now. It looks really nice, at least for a Waffle House. Lots of Tech themed stuff.

There are also four new tables with umbrellas in the plaza in front of 999 Peachtree on 10th street. I'm not sure if these will be used for the new Empire State South restaurant. According to their website, they open in August.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2010, 2:20 PM

Well, here is a thing where the young ones can see how the ATL partied in the old days. The Disco Kroger was next door so people could get orange juice and whatnot at 3 am on the way home and on the other side was a place called the Club 112. They would have your limos and lambos and such all over the place but it's a different situation now with everybody taking the light rail. The ATL was on the big TV shows quite a bit.

Limelight - One More Night

Old Posted Jul 29, 2010, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
Well, here is a thing where the young ones can see how the ATL partied in the old days. The Disco Kroger was next door so people could get orange juice and whatnot at 3 am on the way home and on the other side was a place called the Club 112. They would have your limos and lambos and such all over the place but it's a different situation now with everybody taking the light rail. The ATL was on the big TV shows quite a bit.

Limelight - One More Night

I remember limelight well. I even saw a Grace Jones concert there. You used to dance on clear dancefloor that at times had sharks or sometimes tigers under it. And like in the picture there, the best spot to dance was always on top of the speakers - I remember that well.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2010, 7:07 PM

Der Biergarten

This sounds to be a little more authentic than the old "Biergarten" in Buckhead (RIP)

300 Marietta St -- I guess that's right next door to Stats? Supposed to be open by September 18th. Yippee!

Quote:
Der Biergarten, at about 7,000 square feet, is expected to devote about 3,000 square feet of its space to beer garden tables, 2,000 square feet of which will be on an outside terrace.

The rest of space will be a traditional restaurant, Marvin said. Chef Don Diem will be in charge of Der Biergarten, which will feature bratwurst and other sausage, strudels, pretzels and mustards.

Matt Youhess is in charge of the beer selection, which will include at least 10 German beers on draft and 50 more beer varieties by the bottle, Marvin said.
ABC article

Old Posted Aug 21, 2010, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
This sounds to be a little more authentic than the old "Biergarten" in Buckhead (RIP)

300 Marietta St -- I guess that's right next door to Stats? Supposed to be open by September 18th. Yippee!

ABC article
If its done right, this will be awesome and another great spot in the area!

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 2:46 PM

Hopefully it'll be a great happy hour spot. Looking forward to it opening. The Wine Loft that was there before was pretty cool but just not a good fit for the area.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 7:44 PM

Well, here is a thing that says there is a bunch new places opening up all over the ATL, which is a good thing, I guess.

http://www.tonetoatl.com/2010/08/bir...report-q3.html

Old Posted Aug 24, 2010, 2:30 PM

Just start construction on the Civil and human rights museum, college football hall of fame, hard rock hotel, and medical science museum already!!!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2010, 8:52 PM

Another intown Waffle House

Boy, something's going on at WH HQ these days.... the last 3 I've seen go in have no attached parking. This is a revolution!

New one going in the new GSU building at Piedmont & Decatur. Perfect for a sobering bite after a Braves game (I always use that station). They should serve something called the "Sloppy Floyd" tee-hee

Old Posted Sep 19, 2010, 3:20 PM

Well, it looks like you can finally get a drink on Sunday in the ATL but how late will they stay open. You could have another midtown and so forth on your hands if they don't keep an eye on it but at least a man can get a cold beer after cutting the grass.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cities-loose...xtype=rss_news

Old Posted Oct 12, 2010, 3:33 PM

Well, here is somebody who claims the Vision thing is going to be a club for the gays.

Midtown’s Controversial Vision Nightclub Is Probably Re-opening As A Gay Bar

Old Posted Oct 12, 2010, 7:11 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Well, here is somebody who claims the Vision thing is going to be a club for the gays.
If I had to guess, I'd say the owner is too well connected with the Black community to make it strictly a gay bar. There are (were) several places that catered to the gay crowd on certain nights but were basically straight clubs.
I'm sure they thought this past weekend was a great opportunity to try to get a little financial shot in the arm prior to opening. Only about 1/3 of the club actually looked open, they were charging a $20 cover and had no liquor...not the best first impression.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2010, 7:31 PM

There's a new beer bar on Ponce in the old Japanese steakhouse building near Eats. It's called Deckard's Kitchen & Kegs and the beer menu looks pretty good
http://kitchenandkegs.com

There's a new place going in Little 5, the last building on Euclid (old garage) called Stirred Up with Jamaican food. Nice to see something useful in that building!

Square Pub on the Decatur square looks like it's getting close to opening -- they're hiring

Old Posted Oct 14, 2010, 7:44 PM

New Cirque De Soleil Show Downtown

Old Posted Oct 19, 2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:

Midtown’s Controversial Vision Nightclub Is Probably Re-opening As A Gay Bar
Apparently that was just a preview/tie-in with the Pride weekend festivities: Creative Loafing: Gidewon clan to open Midtown nightclub for Halloween. Looks like Fridays are planned to be a regular night for that crowd, which is smart.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2010, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedestriAnne View Post
Looks like Fridays are planned to be a regular night for that crowd, which is smart.
It's not smart if they think the gay community is going to fork over $20 for the pleasure of partying there on Fridays. Even Saturday night crowds at local dance clubs are way down and $5-$10 seems to be the going admission price.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2010, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbydecker View Post
It's not smart if they think the gay community is going to fork over $20 for the pleasure of partying there on Fridays. Even Saturday night crowds at local dance clubs are way down and $5-$10 seems to be the going admission price.
Eh....yeah. That sounded kinda steep to me, but I haven't been to a club in probably about seven years, so I thought maybe that was the going rate now at new places. But, given how much grief they've gotten just trying to get the place open, with some of the neighbors' concerns about who will be coming there and/or hanging around, they're probably using the high price as a sort of screening mechanism to keep certain people out. Looks like they might accidentally keep everybody out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta