Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 11, 2017, 11:02 PM

Cool CHICAGO | LSE - Site I | 950 FT | 85 FLOORS

Source: bKL/Curbed

Quote:
Chicago’s Magellan Group and the Australia-based Lendlease have partnered for this portion of the planned development. All three towers proposed for parcels I, J, and KL are designed by Chicago’s bKL Architecture.

The most dramatic of the three towers is the 80-story, 875’ tower planned for Site I on the northeastern edge of Lakeshore East. At the proposed height, the tower would be slightly taller than the 859-foot Aqua but would be considerably shorter than the 93-story Vista, which will stand at 1,186 feet when it is completed. However, the other two towers planned for site will be much shorter. The Site J tower will top out at 550’ or 50 stories while KL will rise to 438’ or 40 stories.

Described as an “iconic” addition to the Chicago skyline by bKL principal Tom Kerwin, the 80-story tower also features a similar modular appearance that is consistent with the other towers planned for the development. However, the tower’s width gradually expands as it gets taller, offering large floor plates and sweeping views of the city for upper floor residents.
Source: Curbed Chicago

Last edited by Steely Dan; Jan 2, 2022 at 10:10 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals