HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted May 26, 2010, 12:13 AM
It's Hammer Time

Habs send Subban, Maxwell to Hamilton

The Canadian Press
Published on Tuesday, May. 25, 2010 2:22PM EDT
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1580369/

The Montreal Canadiens assigned defenceman P.K. Subban and centre Ben Maxwell to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League on Tuesday.

Subban played 14 playoff games for the Canadiens after being called up from the Bulldogs on April 26. He recorded eight points (one goal, seven assists) and averaged over 20 minutes of ice time a game.

Subban, 21, was third among AHL defencemen this season with 53 points (18-35) in 77 games. He also had two points (0-2) in two regular season games with the Canadiens.

Maxwell, 22, played one playoff game and was held without a point. He did not record a point in 13 regular season games.

Maxwell had 44 points (16-28) in 57 games with the Bulldogs.

Both players are expected to be available for Game 7 of the Western Conference final between the Bulldogs and the Texas Stars on Wednesday night in Hamilton.

The Canadiens were eliminated from the Eastern Conference final on Monday after a Game 5 loss to Philadelphia.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2010, 6:52 PM

They are currently showing the Bulldogs game at copps on cbc right now. Looks like a packed house in there, usually its not televised and not packed like this, anybody know why??

Old Posted Oct 24, 2010, 7:54 PM

They know ppl are watching.

6500 they said there. apparently less than 1600 a few nights ago.

Probably trying to impress the NHL more than anything, plus the new blue seats blend in alot better with ppl than the old ones.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 2:46 AM

yea it definitely looked more packed than it was. I always wonder why CHCH never gets the idea to broadcast games at home, i'd rather watch that then some of the old ass movies they play most of the time.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 3:06 AM
It's Hammer Time

Perhaps one day, though Cable 14 usually always cover Bulldogs home game. CHCH will be broadcasting NBA games starting 2011.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2010, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
Perhaps one day, though Cable 14 usually always cover Bulldogs home game. CHCH will be broadcasting NBA games starting 2011.
Really? That's a little surprising consider how low the ratings for the NBA are in Canada, but I guess CHCH probably won't pay much for them and the demographics of who actually watches is decent.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 3:14 PM
It's Hammer Time

Looks like the Bulldogs are getting a lot more media exposure lately. They were on Leafs TV and CBC this weekend.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 6:35 PM

I was at the game yesterday and it was by far the busiest I've ever seen. I had to wait in line to get tickets! It was probably because they were playing Toronto, but it was still nice to see.

(Also, they're currently top of the North Division. Go Dogs Go!)

Old Posted Dec 13, 2010, 11:04 PM
Hammer'd

Great to hear
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 12:23 AM

We should have a SSP Hamilton meetup at a dogs game, anyone else?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2010, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRM View Post
We should have a SSP Hamilton meetup at a dogs game, anyone else?
Just name the game! I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I like going to a game or two.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 2:02 PM

Attendence

Syracuse prices
•Ice Level / Crunch Club / Lower Mezzanine : $17.00*
•Upper Mezzanine : $15.00*
•Stage : $13.00*
•Youth 12 and under : $13*
Hershey is running over 7000 to 10000 a game at $22. Manitoba is over 6000 a game.

Check out the deal incentives to get people out to a game on a Friday night. $1 hot dogs and drinks at some arena. A family orientated outing not a cash cow. Bums in the seats not in the front office.
last but not least
http://www.mib.org/~lennier/hockey/leagueatt.cgi
you can check by game or total so far. Hamilton and Toronto are lagging and Hockey is OUR game.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2011, 2:21 PM

Friday 14 Jan 2011

Last night game
Attendance: 4,632.
OK but it was a Friday night and this is about 50% capacity. Old baby leaf games from when team were in St John's were over 10,000....here.

Canadian dollar strong Only 2.5 hrs away, gas up over there, they have a deal with the Radisson across the street for fans at $89 a night and
Fans can enjoy Mark's Family Value Nights every Friday night of the regular season. This special package includes four tickets, four t-shirts, one large one-topping pizza, two orders of jumbo wings and one two-liter bottle of soda for just $69.00 from any area participating Mark's Pizzeria location. Fans can purchase the package online at ticketmaster.com or in person at The Blue Cross Arena Box Office. For more information, please call the Amerks office at (585) 454-5335 and speak with a ticket sales representative today.
HELLO!!!!!!!! Might be worth a road trip.

Last edited by bornagainbiking; Jan 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2011, 11:54 AM

Tuesday 18 Jan

Lower the prices!!!!!!!

"Attendance: 2,217."

You just don't get it. Look after the current fans or potential fans and cultivate their kids. make it a family affair.
Yes it was a Tuesday night but go check out some OHL city teams with a strong loyalty base, packed everynight and families of season ticket holders.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2011, 9:53 PM

My WHL team in Chilliwack (population about 80,000) gets about 3300 fans per game. Just for comparision.

Old Posted May 18, 2011, 10:26 AM

A little late but the thought counts.

I was on the Bulldogs wed site last night and saw that they are offering a $80 package. 4 tickets and a $20 food voucher. So the same as a $15 ticket. So during the play-offs you drop the price. As it stands now it might have only been for the last 2 games.
Maybe offer a cheap ticket $10-15 next year and sell the concession rights for more or even cheap tickets and an in house concession HECFI.
I hope the Dogs come back.

Old Posted May 18, 2011, 1:32 PM

Was anyone else at the game last night? The Dogs didn't show up until halfway through the first period, and they lost all their energy with one minute left, down by one, and the goalie pulled. Not their best.

Old Posted May 24, 2011, 2:32 PM

Game 7 tonight in Houston. After the Dogs lost three straight, I didn't think they'd be here. A win tonight puts them in the Calder Cup!

Old Posted May 26, 2011, 4:38 PM

that was an unfortunate way to finish the season.....

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 12:57 PM
It's Hammer Time

Bulldogs take over ticket sales

http://www.thespec.com/sports/bulldo...r-ticket-sales

On a day when the National Hockey League officially announced it will be returning a franchise to Winnipeg, Hamilton’s professional hockey club also stated some of its intentions for the future.

Michael Andlauer, the owner and chairman of the American Hockey League’s Bulldogs, says the team plans to “hopefully imminently” sign a long-term extension with the city to be the prime tenant of Copps Coliseum. It had been rumoured the Bulldogs were headed to the Montreal suburb of Laval when their lease at Copps ends in two years.

The Bulldogs have been based in Hamilton since 1996.

“My intentions are to stick around,” said Andlauer, a Burlington resident. “There’s been a lot said about failing attendance, the whole NHL thing and is the team going to move. Let’s put that all behind us and move forward.

“My family lives 15 minutes from Copps. It’s been good times. It’s been great for the community both on and off the ice. And it’s been a great place to develop young players.”

In a related element, the Bulldogs owner has ended the club’s four-year-old marketing and sales agreement with Hamilton Entertainment and Convention Facilities Inc. (HECFI), the arm’s-length city agency which oversees Copps, the Convention Centre and Hamilton Place. “There’s a clause in the management agreement that stipulates I have the right to take it back if average attendance falls below 4,400.

“The ball is squarely in my court now, which I’m happy to undertake. So that way, I don’t get accusations of any sort that the Bulldogs are costing taxpayers’ money.”

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation