HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 11:39 PM
Proud Homer!

COLUMBIA, Missouri - Projects and Construction

Columbia, Missouri, home to the University of Missouri flagship campus, has seen an explosion in new and rehab projects in recent years.

The City of Columbia has about 114,000 residents while Greater Columbia, Missouri itself has 225,000 residents. It is one Missouri's largest metro areas.

Columbia has been selected as one of America's Best College Towns.

This thread will attempt to document projects and construction in the Columbia/Mizzou area.

Last edited by Arch City; Dec 22, 2015 at 12:00 AM.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 11:41 PM
Proud Homer!

District Flats, the six-story, 259-bed development includes 119 fully-furnished units in one-, two- and four-bedroom floor plans - just blocks from Mizzou.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 11:56 PM
Proud Homer!

A six-story building at Ninth and Elm streets will include retail space on the ground floor, office space on the second floor and 50 apartments on the floors above, the developers said Tuesday.

Developers reveal specifics of building at Ninth and Elm streets

By ALICIA STICE
Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 2:00 pm Comments (14)
It has been one of the most discussed developments in Columbia, but until Tuesday morning, details had been scarce for a mixed-use building planned for the lot that housed the original Shakespeare’s Pizza.

The developers said the six-story building at the northwest corner of Ninth and Elm streets will have 50 apartment units with a total of 196 beds. Three separate retail spaces will occupy the ground floor of the building, including the one for Shakespeare’s Pizza.

Diehards will be happy to know the green exterior of Shakespeare’s will return.

A news release from the developers said construction will “begin in days” and likely will be complete by August 2016.

The apartments will be marketed toward college students and young professionals, according to the release.

The Odle and Rader families partnered to create McAlester Park LLC and develop the lot. The Odles are known for their development projects at Discovery Park and their Brookside apartments downtown. The Raders own Bengals Bar & Grill on Sixth Street.

Shakespeare’s has signed a 50-year lease for its share of the ground-floor space, McAlester Park LLC spokesman Jack Cardetti said. No other tenants had reached final agreements for retail space in the building, he said.

In April, they revealed their plans to tear down Shakespeare’s and replace it with a multi-use building, drawing mixed reactions. The next month, the restaurant started moving next door to its temporary location at 220 S. Eighth St., the former home of BBCII and Los Bandidos.

Read More

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 4:09 PM
Proud Homer!

A St. Louis-based developer, Collegiate Housing Partners, recently opened 'The Residences on 5th & Conley' in July and August 2015.

A 98-unit, 351-bed upscale student-housing complex adjacent to the University of Missouri campus. The complex will include a clubhouse, pool and lounge.

Last edited by Arch City; Dec 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 5:06 PM
Proud Homer!

The Lofts on Broadway. 32-unit property just opened in downtown Columbia in August.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2016, 8:37 AM

Hey my birthplace! I love that Columbia continues to grow, it used to be rated one of the best places to live in the country because of low crime, low cost of living, etc. I really like the 8-9 story tower they built on broadway as well as the new parking garages, I would like to see some taller buildings downtown if there is a demand.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 12:46 AM

Great to see a thread on the city I spent the 4 best years of my life in. In my 4 years that placed changed so much, that doesn't include any of the new developments that have been posted here. You should post some photos of all the Brookside developments that were constructed in the last couple years.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 4:03 PM
Proud Homer!

Wrong Columbia.

Last edited by Arch City; Aug 15, 2016 at 4:29 PM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 7:13 PM

This is off topic, but is there a thread for Springfield, Mo? There's a lot of development going on down here that would surprise a lot of people that I'd love to document for y'all.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 7:19 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
This is off topic, but is there a thread for Springfield, Mo? There's a lot of development going on down here that would surprise a lot of people that I'd love to document for y'all.
There are Springfield photography threads, but none on development that I could fine. Perhaps you should create a new Springfield, Missouri Projects and Construction thread here.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2016, 8:52 PM

Great! I shall get out some time this week and take some pictures of all the developments and start the thread. Thank you!

Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 8:40 PM
somewhere in-between

Columbia, MO continues to grow and impress.

Quote:
Columbia’s mayor touts radiopharmaceutical corridor and three massive construction projects
Brian Hauswirth | Missourinet
November 23, 2020

Columbia’s mayor says his fast-growing city and all of mid-Missouri will benefit greatly from three massive projects happening in the area. Mayor Brian Treece notes that more than $500 million in new construction will be happening in the next 12 to 24 months, with some already underway.

“Between a new I-70 bridge at Rocheport, a $200 million NextGen precisional health complex, that will bring life saving cures to Columbia. And now a new $38 million airport terminal (at Columbia Regional). That’s great for mid-Missouri,” Treece says...
Speaking of the NextGen Precision Health project, University of Missouri just posted an update -

Quote:
NextGen Precision Health brings together researchers from across the UM System
Richard Barohn, MD | showme.missouri.edu
December 14, 2020
Construction Progress as of December 14, 2020 -

Earlier renderings-

And since it hasn't been posted here yet, here's a rendering of the new Regional Airport terminal, currently under construction -

Source: Columbia Missourian

Does anyone on here have info / images on what the new I-70 bridge design will look like yet?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2020, 8:02 AM
Everywhere all at once

Am I the only one who can't find a map, site plan or honestly pinpoint at all the location of these UM NextGen health buildings? Do they have names? Google search results for me have been dubious at best.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2020, 9:45 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2ATX View Post
Am I the only one who can't find a map, site plan or honestly pinpoint at all the location of these UM NextGen health buildings? Do they have names? Google search results for me have been dubious at best.
Using some context clues, I'm pretty sure the current Precision Health project is being built in the surface lot labeled "HSC 2" in this google aerial view.

Compare that perspective to this view of the topping out ceremony from June 18 -

Source

The other building / project that I am aware of is the Data Science and Analytics Innovation Center - and I'm less clear on where this will be built, but presumably in proximity to the Precision Health Building. Would probably need to dig into the site plan review documents or rely on someone with more local expertise.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 4:25 PM
Beer Stampede

Some great projects going on here!! I did a photo thread of Columbia about 10 years ago. It's changed so much since then, you wouldn't even recognize it now!!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations