HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 3:18 PM
BANNED

Alexan 880 Midtown

Marcus Tower Buckhead

https://twitter.com/brasfieldgorrie

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Alexan 880 Midtown
Marcus Tower Buckhead
That Alexan is just a disaster of slowness....

Last edited by mayhem; Apr 12, 2018 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Just as much of a disaster of slowness as someone QUOTING PICTURES

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 6:30 PM
Jamie Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
I think you're thinking of Hanover West Peachtree; Alexan has gone up relatively quickly, in my opinion at least.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan1023 View Post
I think you're thinking of Hanover West Peachtree; Alexan has gone up relatively quickly, in my opinion at least.
Indeed, Alexan 880 seemed fairly slow to get past the parking/retail podium (ramps are complicated to form), but once they're forming the typical residential levels they should speed up pace rather quickly.

Looks like they are just about to start forming the amenity deck from this image. Let's also recall this isn't a Skyhouse project that's been prototyped/commoditized down to the formwork.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 7:04 PM

Midtown DRC - April 2018 recap

https://www.midtownatl.com/about/new...april-drc-2018

1295 Spring Street
JLL and MetLife proposed a mixed-use development on 3.8 acres at 1295 Spring Street south of 17th Street. The development would consist of 600,000 SF office, 255 key hotel, 350 residential units and nearly 100,000 SF of grocery and retail uses at ground level. The site would be organized around a new street extension of Arts Center Way from West Peachtree to Spring St. consistent with the Midtown Street Connectivity Plan. This new street serves to orient the buildings and provide access through the site. The DRC requested additional attention on the façade along 17th Street along with traffic safety improvements to be coordinated with GDOT via reconfiguration of the new street and driveway proposed along West Peachtree Street.

1375 Peachtree Street - Pershing Point
ASD/SKY proposed a renovation and minor expansion of the existing building located at 1375 Peachtree St. This will be a significant update to the dated office building originally constructed in the mid-1980s. The proposal includes a reimagined lobby, new 3rd floor public ‘green’ lounge, ‘ghosting’ the façade white, and a semi-transparent screen facing Peachtree Street. Across the Peachtree Street frontage there will be a small linear park and an expanded courtyard will become an accessible common activity space.

1200 14th Place - Park Modern
Office of Design proposed a new townhouse development near the end of 14th Place. The project consists of 13 units, 4-stories each, with a 6000 SF courtyard on a ½ acre lot accessible by existing alleys. Although DRC generally supported the proposal, it was requested that the applicant coordinate with the City Fire Dept. to assure reasonable accommodation of emergency vehicles as well as with the Midtown Neighbors Association and Ansley Park due to their adjacency and interest.

1155 Peachtree Street - Campanile
Dewberry Capital proposed infill retail and restaurant space around the periphery of the Campanile site including the south portion of Peachtree Street, 13th Street, Juniper Street and the east portion of 14th Street. The two-story addition would add approximately 47,000 SF of new retail space along with upper level office uses of nearly 14,000 SF. The DRC supported the proposal but emphasized the need to address the prominent public plaza at the intersection of 14th Street and Peachtree Street as part of a holistic vision for this highly visible location.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 7:41 PM
BANNED

Gables Buckhead

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
So...The buckhead mxd use is new? The tower place market is a revamp? Isn’t that pacific place were the spec office/apartment bldg is going? Btw the music used in that video is from an amazing group called Above & Beyond. The name of the song is Filmic.
That Midtown tower would be a major code brown! Looks like it's the Billboard site

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
That Midtown tower would be a major code brown! Looks like it's the Billboard site
What's with the prison fencing?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
So...The buckhead mxd use is new? The tower place market is a revamp? Isn’t that pacific place were the spec office/apartment bldg is going? Btw the music used in that video is from an amazing group called Above & Beyond. The name of the song is Filmic.
cool hearing some A&B in a rendering video, lol

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 11:38 PM

Nice developments! Just out of curiosity does anyone know how many highrises are proposed or going up in downtown/midtown Atlanta?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
It's not fast, but that image is from awhile ago. It's taller than that now and most of the brick facade is up on that side.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
It's not fast, but that image is from awhile ago. It's taller than that now and most of the brick facade is up on that side.
Yes, I have what I observed to be, unscientifically, a brisk increase in the rate of verticality lately.

Why is everyone so negative just because it's going slow? Did a W Peachtree Lane Closure and partial sidewalk closure kill your family and burn down your house?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Yes, I have what I observed to be, unscientifically, a brisk increase in the rate of verticality lately.

Why is everyone so negative just because it's going slow? Did a W Peachtree Lane Closure and partial sidewalk closure kill your family and burn down your house?
While it has been a relatively slow tower, there's really only one or two people being dramatic about it. That said, yes the lane closure is annoying, but thank God they made some provisions for pedestrians.

Last edited by alco89; Apr 13, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:45 PM

[QUOTE=Atlanta3000;8152499]Gables Buckhead

I love the scale of this building.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:11 PM

I haven't seen any new articles about the 17th and Spring DRC presentation this week, so thought I would share a little about what they presented.

Here is a rough google map of the site plan:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gv...A6&usp=sharing

The rendering above is looking at the southwest corner of the office tower as if you were standing on west side of Spring Street looking to the northeast. The residential tower would be to the right off frame.
  • Lots of active uses planned for the Arts Center Way extension, including a rock climbing wall (if I heard them correctly).
  • All loading/service bays are underground with access mid-block on 13th Street. Parking is both above and underground with above ground decks built into the office and residential towers.
  • An "urban grocery store" will be the main retail tenant. it will be under the residential tower along Spring Street.
  • Arts themed exterior throughout including murals, art installations. Attempting to match some exterior finishes to the Woodruff Arts Center Renzo Piano addition.
  • Mostly all they showed were site plans/elevations and general massing of buildings. I think they are still finalizing exterior finishes and materials. I didn't get a good look at the overall shape or height of the buildings.
  • From what I saw, I got the impression that this is going to be a quality development like NCR HQ - they aren't going cheap/value engineering.
Let me know if you have any specific questions - I'll answer if I can.

Last edited by jwbab; Apr 13, 2018 at 2:52 PM. Reason: clarify the perspective of rendering

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
Yeah-- This old proposal is in the realm of 'Will never be'...

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I haven't seen any new articles about the 17th and Spring DRC presentation this week, so thought I would share a little about what they presented.

The rendering above is looking at the southwest corner of the office tower from the west side of Spring Street. The residential tower would be to the right off frame.
  • Lots of active uses planned for the Arts Center Way extension, including a rock climbing wall (if I heard them correctly).
  • All loading/service bays are underground with access mid-block on 13th Street. Parking is both above and underground with above ground decks built into the office and residential towers.
  • An "urban grocery store" will be the main retail tenant. it will be under the residential tower along Spring Street.
  • Arts themed exterior throughout including murals, art installations. Attempting to match some exterior finishes to the Woodruff Arts Center Renzo Piano addition.
  • Mostly all they showed were site plans/elevations and general massing of buildings. I think they are still finalizing exterior finishes and materials. I didn't get a good look at the overall shape or height of the buildings.
  • From what I saw, I got the impression that this is going to be a quality development like NCR HQ - they aren't going cheap/value engineering.
Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize that the west side of Spring was part of the project. Do you have any insight on whether or not they will be keeping the existing buildings?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:22 PM

The rendering above is looking at the southwest corner of the office tower from the west side of Spring Street. The residential tower would be to the right off frame.
Let me know if you have any specific questions - I'll answer if I can.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the site is on the east side of Spring St. NOT the west side as you have shown? That's were the Midtown Alliance Site shows it as well--

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:44 PM

So sick of looking at proposals that never come to fruition.....

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post

Thanks.

Based on the site plan alone I really like this plan.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations