HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 5:02 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
I love this building, and hopefully they don't tinker with the original height,, which I had heard they were talking about.
Thay aren't tinkering with anything. It's not going to be built until they have the financing to build it, and Silverstein isn't going to build less office space.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Thay aren't tinkering with anything. It's not going to be built until they have the financing to build it, and Silverstein isn't going to build less office space.
Hopefully they dont build it with a flat top due to saftey concerns

I wish this one was built before 3 & 7 but oh well, I cant imagine the logistics of prepairing the site to start construction up again when the site is more or less finished and populated in a few years.

I have a few questions about this tower.

Are they planing on leaving room arround the Memorial to erect cranes and store materials in the future or are they going to finish the plaza right up against the base of #2 and tear it all back out later when they start up again?

Would it have made sense to offer a "small" discount to an interested tennant to keep the project moving and save the cost packing up and building the "cocoon" they will have to rip off later?

I imagine the cost of the temporary covering is minimal when compaired to the entire building, moving & rescheduling work at a major construction site cant be cheap either. Will the contractors get screwed out of any money because of this delay or are they covered?

Is Durst involved in this tower as well? (Man I hope not!)

Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 6:00 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack776 View Post
Hopefully they dont build it with a flat top due to saftey concerns
Don't even know why you would get that idea.

Quote:
Are they planing on leaving room arround the Memorial to erect cranes and store materials in the future or are they going to finish the plaza right up against the base of #2 and tear it all back out later when they start up again?

Would it have made sense to offer a "small" discount to an interested tennant to keep the project moving and save the cost packing up and building the "cocoon" they will have to rip off later? Is Durst involved in this tower as well? (Man I hope not!)
This is a Silverstein Properties development. When it starts rising again, it will be pretty much the same process.

Old photos

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 8:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Not sure how much exposure they will leave on site...

(January 1, 2013)

Old Posted Jan 2, 2013, 8:43 PM

Exclamation Progress Update at New WTC, NYC (Late Dec. 2012 - Early Jan. 2013)- ASharmaEarth411HD

Follow the Recent Development and Progress at the New World Trade Center Site!

Significant Progress is being made at the WTC site everyday! Exclusive (Late December, 2012 - Early January, 2013 Update) Special.

| Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013! |

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyNRC...&feature=share

Last edited by NYguy; Jan 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 3:27 PM

No harm in it coming a little later than the rest.

Old Posted Jan 3, 2013, 3:39 PM
Mr. Technology

Saving the best for last is actually a good thing!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 5:47 AM

WTC by calibratedzeus, on Flickr

WTC by calibratedzeus, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 2:04 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Good closeup.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 5:21 AM

I would not mind if the roof was flat so long as it keeps it's height.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 5:48 AM

^ I think what gathers the complex together so beautifully is the way the top is shaped.It's quite hard to explain but look at this rendering as an example...

Sort of like hugs it together...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 6:04 AM
Mr. Technology

I agree with NewYorkDominates -- the top really does make an impact on the skyline.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 1:30 PM

I always thought the slope was too dramatic. I would rather have true height.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 9:26 PM
Come As You Are

Bah, height. Who needs height? Design is where it's at.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 12:02 AM

What are the chances that 2wtc will actually get build to its intended height and design as in the renders? Or will it end up being a stunted, 10 story short building in the complex, like some of the short buildings in the original trade center were? I am ambivalent about 2wtc, but I think they need to build it as rendered to give the complex more balance.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 12:03 AM

This building has true height and great design.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 1:33 AM
Come As You Are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
What are the chances that 2wtc will actually get build to its intended height and design as in the renders? Or will it end up being a stunted, 10 story short building in the complex, like some of the short buildings in the original trade center were? I am ambivalent about 2wtc, but I think they need to build it as rendered to give the complex more balance.
100% it will be built. Nobody knows when, though.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2013, 2:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall View Post
It will be built as planned. They won't build further at all until they have a tenant to start the tower.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It will be built as planned. They won't build further at all until they have a tenant to start the tower.
My stupid comment about the flat top was a response to the radome being removed on 1WTC due to "saftey concerns", I love the design as is.

Does anyone know if any of the building materials for this were are already produced and waiting in storage? Steel, Glass etc.

After signing a tennant about how long would it take to fabricate & deliver the steel to get it going again.....weeks, months, years?

The "cocoon" worries me as it looks to be more perminate than temporary,
I'm seeing a long term sleep ahead. I Really hope we are plesantly supprised with good news in the next few months.

Are there any other cases where a project on this scale was physically started, postponed and sucessfully completed at a later date?....Ive seen a few abandoned all together.
http://www.flavorwire.com/134395/sle...ed-skyscrapers

Old Posted Feb 6, 2013, 8:02 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack776 View Post
My stupid comment about the flat top was a response to the radome being removed on 1WTC due to "saftey concerns", I love the design as is.

Does anyone know if any of the building materials for this were are already produced and waiting in storage? Steel, Glass etc.

After signing a tennant about how long would it take to fabricate & deliver the steel to get it going again.....weeks, months, years?

The "cocoon" worries me as it looks to be more perminate than temporary,
I'm seeing a long term sleep ahead. I Really hope we are plesantly supprised with good news in the next few months.

Are there any other cases where a project on this scale was physically started, postponed and sucessfully completed at a later date?....Ive seen a few abandoned all together.
http://www.flavorwire.com/134395/sle...ed-skyscrapers
Nothing will happen here at all until WTC3 signs a tenant. That's when Silverstein will turn his attention to WTC2. Sit tight until then. That probably won't happen for 6 to 12 months, and that process may take another year afterwards at the rate this economy is growing...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction