HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Apr 21, 2017, 11:09 PM

Wink [Burnaby] Vittorio | 42 fl | Completed

Was just browsing the Polygon website and noticed they have Vittorio listed in their upcoming projects. It's the site currently between Imperial (Amacon) & Midori.

Image is owned by Polygon
Image can be found in their gallery at: http://www.polyhomes.com/community/vittorio/gallery

What do you guys think of the building?

It's interesting to see that the building is/what will be taller than Midori (counting the floors I see in the render ~ 40 compared to 37). IRC I thought it was supposed to be shorter.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 12:11 AM

Looks good.
The sectioning reminds me of MetroPlace, but different.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 1:10 AM

It's kind of annoying that they have pretty much everything but floorplans. I did find this in their (flamboyant) write-up:
Quote:
After an impressive arrival with tree-lined streets and a gleaming over-height lobby, step into your fully air-conditioned residence that comes with the latest designer touches. The two and three bedroom homes at Vittorio boast modern gourmet kitchens with integrated brand name appliances, marble tile backsplashes and a convenient island for extra workspace. Well-appointed ensuites feature spa-inspired showers with integrated bench seating and convenient shampoo niches.
Something bigger than a one bedroom shoebox will be welcome.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 1:27 AM

Why are they cramming so many towers in that area? I am startin to dislike how unnecessarily dense it's going to be. There are so many better lots where towers could be going up, like just west of Willingdon.

Beresford Street will have a better stepping in tower heights eventhough also it is becoming really dense.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Why are they cramming so many towers in that area? I am startin to dislike how unnecessarily dense it's going to be. There are so many better lots where towers could be going up, like just west of Willingdon.

Beresford Street will have a better stepping in tower heights eventhough also it is becoming really dense.
Probably because there are plenty cheap old lowrises that can be replaced with towers in this area vs west of Willingdon has less to work with.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 6:14 AM

That area is also in the Metrotown "core" - between Imperial and Kingsway.
It'll step down east of there - plus there's a huge open space at Bonsor Park so it's a concentrated cluster.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2017, 6:32 AM

Quote:

Beresford Street will have a better stepping in tower heights even though also it is becoming really dense.
Because the owners of the current and former lowrises on that block were more willing to sell (read: cash in) more immediately than the ones west of Willingdon.

I suspect there's a fair bit of holding out for a better pay-out as long as the market remains hot, and that area is always going to be desirable for developers and future development, so if I owned one of those lowrises, I would probably hold out too.
In any case, the Beresford stretch where you're on is not an ideal or fair comparison since it stretches nicely from Imperial to Willingdon adjacent to the SKytrain line allowing for better spacing of the towers and more room to step down as you go further down south.

As for the Nelson-Marlborough block, it's a bit of an unusual situation in that's it's sandwhiched between the Park on the West and the edge of where the City will allow highrises (i.e Marlborough) before stepping down Eastwards begins on the East and also tightly between Nelson on the South and Kingsway/Bennett to the North. East of that it likely will only be midrises and new lowrises allowed, and the ROI for a highrise in this area (if you're a developer) is much higher than doing a nice midrise.
Plus, the city is probably getting lots of concessions from these developers (like having Nelson Avenue on that stretch get a facelilft at their cost), so why would they discourage it?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 3:25 PM

Quote:

West of Willingdon will get its fair share of towers once the Metrotown plan is approved.. developers are waiting for the zoning to allow them to build on the properties close to Patterson station vs Nelson/Dunblane/Marlborough where it is already existing high-density zoning.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2017, 4:54 PM

Quote:

I think they are cramming residential-only towers in that area. Kingsway area and anywhere close to the skytrain stations would have mixed development projects coming up I would imagine, including the area just west of Willingdon: not just condos, but also retail, offices, hotels, etc.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 5:37 PM

To summarize from the other thread:
- VIP showings of the showroom have started.
- The site is now fenced off/vacated.
- The tower's address will be Dunblane(?)

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 5:05 PM
Ex-Banker. R/E Insider

Sales started Weds and is about 80% done.

Only $1M plus units left for most part. Will be interesting what Sussex bodes across the street if Marborough area is now $1k/ft...

You'll notice their view simulator in showroom does not even have a wireframe of Polygon's own Midor right next door which will essentially cover North and West (Park by Intracorp) views up to 30+ floors.

This image is helpful

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyboxInvestment View Post
Sales started Weds and is about 80% done.

Only $1M plus units left for most part. Will be interesting what Sussex bodes across the street if Marborough area is now $1k/ft...

You'll notice their view simulator in showroom does not even have a wireframe of Polygon's own Midor right next door which will essentially cover North and West (Park by Intracorp) views up to 30+ floors.

This image is helpful
You can update the corner of Imperial and Nelson because it's owned by Transca and a building called Polaris is going up there.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2017, 9:18 PM

Any updates from the dump building across the street from Polaris?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsuo View Post
Any updates from the dump building across the street from Polaris?
Across which street?

Across Imperial to the South? The one on the South East corner of Nelson and Imperial?

I doubt anything is going to happen to that building or site any time soon.

The lot is too small for anything other than a small low- to mid-rise, and despite what always seem to be vacancies on the ground floor retail units, the owner seems content just renting out the residential part.

I could be wrong but that location is a hard sell as it.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 11:17 PM

Update 4/3/19 Sorry couldn't get a closer shot. Seems to be on the 3rd or 4th floor by now.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 12:58 AM

Thanks!
That traffic light looks huge!

Old Posted Apr 14, 2019, 10:59 PM

5 floors up, 33 more to go. Wish it could’ve been a different color though; green is already present in this area on the balconies on Midori. Taken 4/14/19

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenhujb View Post
5 floors up, 33 more to go. Wish it could’ve been a different color though; green is already present in this area on the balconies on Midori. Taken 4/14/19
33 floors to go seems to suggest that this project has another 8 months or so before they top out.

So they should reach the crest by the end of this year or early next year.
Add in another couple of months for the curtain wall to catch up and the interior work to get completed, and the project might potentially wrap up by next spring or early summer.

Barring any significant delays, of course.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 11:01 PM

Here are the renderings (missing from Polygon website now):

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/vittorio

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/vittorio

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Here are the renderings (missing from Polygon website now):

Looks nice, but Polygon doesn't even add it's own other buildings in that area in the renderings... probably to get more people to buy units as they'll think their views won't be blocked. At least in the second rendering there is a faint outline of other buildings.

Again, another building in Metrotown with sort of a lantern at the top... Especially in that area, this design is seriously getting overused. Polaris rendering shows a design that is so similar to The Park, but the black slabs that run from the bottom to the top caps it out nicely. If all goes according to the rendering, then this can be a really great new addition to that already super dense cluster of buildings.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley