HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted May 18, 2017, 6:59 PM

They didn't, but that doesn't mean we aren't still owed them as transit riders

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 7:32 PM

Summer must be here - another Skytrain Fail. Canada Line tits up due to "track issues"

Old Posted May 19, 2017, 7:47 PM
Vancouverite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Summer must be here - another Skytrain Fail. Canada Line tits up due to "track issues"
this is good, normally everyone blames Bombardier. see its not just Bombardier

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
I wasn't paying particularly close attention (I tend to focus on SkyTrain, not Canada Line) but from how things played out I'm suspecting it was caused by damage to one of the train communication cables at track level.

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 5:56 AM

Quote:
And your point is what? Things break from time to time.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:56 PM
(daka_x)

Just scanning through the SWATP and so far... Nope. Do not like.

http://www.translink.ca/en/Plans-and...d-Options.aspx
  • 410 gets taken off of Hwy 91 completely (if you think that's not going to be a big issue, try telling yourself that the next time you're on a 410 during off-peak hours and get stuck at the railway crossing between No. 9 and McMillan). This is also despite being actually taken out of Fraserwood (so there is very little service of value added, yet the 410 loses usefulness as a fast regional connection - which is going to hurt Richmond to SoF commuters the most)
  • There is *no* regional express service from Richmond to 22nd St.
  • 601 gets a second reroute to the west, while the 602 is also cancelled - a double whammy for 601/Tsawwassen commuters. Trade-off is FTN service but I still think they can do better than that.
  • Scott Rd to Ferries express route does NOT use SFPR for any portion of route (I know, right!?)
  • Absolutely no service on Lansdowne (What a waste of an opportunity... Also, due to this, a lot of local buses no longer serving KPU Richmond)
  • I'm also wary about limiting connections between Gilbert & No. 4 to Richmond Centre. I realize that this may have to do with overcrowding at Brighouse and giving commuters the opportunity to use the empty YVR trains, but ultimately I think it results in worse access for residents who might be heading to destinations in Richmond. I.e. service to the Russ Baker Way corridor might be better provided with an extension of the C94 shuttle north, and a 49X style peak hour route to connect Gilbert riders to Bridgeport, while retaining the existing connection into Brighouse. They're not building that new bus exchange there for nothing.

Last edited by xd_1771; Yesterday at 7:53 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Just scanning through the SWATP and so far... Nope. Do not like.

http://www.translink.ca/en/Plans-and...d-Options.aspx
  • 410 gets taken off of Hwy 91 completely (if you think that's not going to be a big issue, try telling yourself that the next time you're on a 410 during off-peak hours and get stuck at the railway crossing between No. 9 and McMillan). This is also despite being actually taken out of Fraserwood (so there is very little service of value added, yet the 410 loses usefulness as a fast regional connection - which is going to hurt Richmond to SoF commuters the most)
  • There is *no* regional express service from Richmond to 22nd St.
  • 601 gets a second reroute to the west, while the 602 is also cancelled - a double whammy for 601/Tsawwassen commuters. Trade-off is FTN service but I still think they can do better than that.
  • Scott Rd to Ferries express route does NOT use SFPR for any portion of route (I know, right!?)
  • Absolutely no service on Lansdowne (What a waste of an opportunity... Also, due to this, a lot of local buses no longer serving KPU Richmond)
  • I'm also wary about limiting connections between Gilbert & No. 4 to Richmond Centre. I realize that this may have to do with overcrowding at Brighouse and giving commuters the opportunity to use the empty YVR trains, but ultimately I think it results in worse access for residents who might be heading to destinations in Richmond. I.e. service to the Russ Baker Way corridor might be better provided with an extension of the C94 shuttle north, and a 49X style peak hour route to connect Gilbert riders to Bridgeport, while retaining the existing connection into Brighouse. They're not building that new bus exchange there for nothing.
WTF. Whoever made proposed those changes CLEARLY doesn't live in Richmond. 402, 404, 405 and 407 not going to Brighouse is 11 levels of stupid and will piss off many commuters. Making them make 1 transfer to goto Richmond Centre will only increase commute time.

I tend to agree that 410 should be split up as the route is too long thus very prone to traffic congestion, but not going hwy91 is just silly.

proposed cycling corridor on westminster hwy: wow what have they been smoking? A bike lane along one of the busiest road in the city? What can go wrong? Well, there is that poorly implemented bike lane on no 3 road, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by ilikeredheads; Yesterday at 9:56 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure