HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Today, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
That would indicate about 3.5 FAR/32 storeys = 0.109 (10.9% lot coverage, since 3.5 storeys would be 100% lot coverage). When I look at it, the lot coverage looks like it is at least 20%. I don't want to be contrary, but it seems like it is at least double 3.5 FAR.
It's a 76,000 SF lot, and the floor plates measure out to about 7,500 SF. Granted, we know that much of the vacant part of the lot will be developed soon, so the FAR will definitely increase. Just an illustration of the fact that, depending on how the lot is used, FAR can be deceptively low.

Quote:
In any case, as others have indicated, there will be areas that are higher FAR than 3.5.
Oh for sure. I'd expect buildings like the Roy and the Maple are closer to an FAR of 15 or 20.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth