HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Delta Rise in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Delta Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 3:47 AM

[Delta] Delta Rise | 37fl | Completed.

I am not sure this project has been yet featured here. Another tower for Surrey.

http://www.deltarise.ca

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 4:53 AM

The tower is in North Delta not Surrey.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81 View Post
The tower is in North Delta not Surrey.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 7:46 PM

Haha, apologies for that. I have never been to this area and am not 100% clear where the border between Delta and Surrey goes, although I give you that the name suggested this being in Delta. Be it as it may, this must be Delta's tallest tower by far.

Seems that I don't know how to edit a thread title.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 10:27 PM

The border between Surrey and Delta is Scott Road. West of Scott Road is Delta and East of Scott Road is Surrey.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 11:12 PM
Blazed Member - Citygater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81 View Post
The border between Surrey and Delta is Scott Road. West of Scott Road is Delta and East of Scott Road is Surrey.
ummmmm since when? maybe in a very basic way ... but at 96th delta cuts to the West and surrey wraps around it to the North.

so to tell people the boarder of Surrey and Delta is Scott Road is a misnomer. by your definition all of Surrey Fraser Port is in Delta correct? Same with Scott Road station?

http://goo.gl/maps/rAE5b

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Oct 19, 2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodnorth View Post
ummmmm since when? maybe in a very basic way ... but at 96th delta cuts to the West and surrey wraps around it to the North.

so to tell people the boarder of Surrey and Delta is Scott Road is a misnomer. by your definition all of Surrey Fraser Port is in Delta correct? Same with Scott Road station?

http://goo.gl/maps/rAE5b
I know that the border cuts westward on 96 Ave to but I was just simply explaining the border in the most easiest way.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 1:22 AM
Vancouver Moderator

City corrected.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2013, 4:00 PM
Registered

So finally you'll be able to look over the landscape & say look there's Delta...

Old Posted Oct 26, 2013, 6:41 PM

The views I think will be quite outstanding for a long while. There really is nothing around the tower. The other towers there are much shorter and I don't see a massive influx of high rises going into that area in the next little while.

Still good to see more coming to this side of the river. If Delta can start to re-vitalize the Scott Road stretch I'd be happy.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 1:53 AM

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 2:10 AM

^Thanks for the updated pics. Looking forward to this project. Interesting that such a high profile tower is far away from any skytrain station and will undoubtedly create additional traffic in the area.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 6:27 AM

Transit isn't actually that bad down Scott Road. From that location on a bus is about 15-18 minutes by bus. A little slower than SkyTrain but you can still do door to Waterfront station in about 55 minutes which is not horrible.

Delta is in a difficult spot. They get a lot of resistance by citizens to development in South Delta (look at the South Lands Project for example), yet Metro Vancouver has stated in the next 20-30 years Delta will need to absorb an additional 20-25,000 people. You can't do that with infill.

So I think ultimately Delta will start needing to build some more highrises and density in North Delta and that will more than likely happen in the stretch from 72nd to 84th Avenue with a focus around 80th.

If that starts to take shape you could see them wanting to work with Surrey to introduce an LRT/BRT option down Scott Road. It is certainly getting busier and if the focus is to make Surrey become a more central downtown for South of Fraser, it isn't actually that far away. I don't see SkyTrain anytime probably ever in our life time but definitely increases bus service and or eventual LRT.

I'd love to eventually (in the next maybe 10 years) for example see a BRT/LRT loop that goes Surrey Central via 96th to Scott Road, then up to 72nd, then back to Newton center.

At the end of the day we'll see if they build more. This highrise could be one of no more for the next 15 years too and just stand alone.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post

Delta is in a difficult spot. They get a lot of resistance by citizens to development in South Delta (look at the South Lands Project for example), yet Metro Vancouver has stated in the next 20-30 years Delta will need to absorb an additional 20-25,000 people. You can't do that with infill.
one thing i think delta needs to do is set a true centre to north delta before they can really. currently they are a kinda just spread around scott road. they need to figure where is the main area to build up. I hope this tower will set 80th to 88th as that area

Old Posted Nov 26, 2013, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
one thing i think delta needs to do is set a true centre to north delta before they can really. currently they are a kinda just spread around scott road. they need to figure where is the main area to build up. I hope this tower will set 80th to 88th as that area
I agree completely. They have a bit of an identity crisis. They want a center but North Delta is seen in the area as kind of being the "we're not Surrey but we're kind of Surrey." area. It wants to 'grow up' with Surrey on the other side, but 4 or 5 blocks into North Delta, residents will jump up and down screaming "WE AREN'T SURREY!!!!!" like Surrey is a disease or something you don't want.

:|

Case and point, name 3 major roads that are 2 lane through Surrey that hit Delta and stay 2 lanes? You can only actually name 2, 1 of which is a highway.

HWY 10 and 88th/Nordel are the ONLY ones. 64th goes 2 lanes to 1 when it hits Delta as with 72nd and 96th. Heck 76th which turns into 75A when it hits Delta goes from a regular 1 lane through road to a (when it crosses into Delta) narrower 1 lane road with speed bumps.

They then complain about traffic being horrible through Delta. "Nordel is too busy!!!" or "72nd and 64th has too much traffic." Well that's the price you pay for not widening infrastructure between a major highway (91) and a major city (Surrey).

So while I'm sure council would love to see more projects of this type and more densification around 80th, they have to play this delicate balance with citizens who seemingly have 2 different personalities at times.

It's a tough spot.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 6:19 AM

Scott & 64th and Scott & 72 seem to be Delta's more natural cores. Maybe it's due to less traffic but Scott & 64th is just more pleasant. Scott & 72, meanwhile, has more retail, a movie theatre, the bus loop, and office space.

Scott Road needs to stop having all these boring strip malls.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2013, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
They have a bit of an identity crisis. They want a center but North Delta is seen in the area as kind of being the "we're not Surrey but we're kind of Surrey." area. It wants to 'grow up' with Surrey on the other side, but 4 or 5 blocks into North Delta, residents will jump up and down screaming "WE AREN'T SURREY!!!!!" like Surrey is a disease or something you don't want.
I grew up in North Delta. When people ask where I'm from, I say Surrey. Amalgamate already! (Sorry Mayor Jackson)

Old Posted Jan 12, 2014, 5:26 PM

In latest New Condo Guide they said that over 100 homes have already been sold. I was also surprised to learn that the penthouse in this building is going for around $338 000. Seemed low.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2015, 10:43 PM

Excavation underway - Pic from Facebook:

Feb 14th, 2015:

https://www.facebook.com/WhatsUpInDe...=page_internal

Feb 17th, 2015:

https://www.facebook.com/WhatsUpInDe...=page_internal

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
In latest New Condo Guide they said that over 100 homes have already been sold. I was also surprised to learn that the penthouse in this building is going for around $338 000. Seemed low.
It's a one bedroom though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley