HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Devon Energy Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Oklahoma City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 1:38 AM

if you look on page 43 of the eight avenue place thread. you will see what the podium pillars should turn out to look like when finished. i think they are a near exact representation of what this tower will be getting when they are completed.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 3:43 AM

I'll go ahead and post this since no one has yet.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 4:17 AM

like i said, " a near exact representation". the two have the exact, same material regarding the finish on the podium pillars. both look will look great.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2011, 4:18 AM

Oh, wow. That's bigtime.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 4:29 AM

I only visited Ok City once in my life. But from my experience and judgement, it seems like this tower and park are going to set a new standard of quality in the city. It looks absolutely beautiful. And for me, I love watching cities in the US transform into better, more beautiful, and more livable places. This building certainly seems to have that kind of impact.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2011, 11:51 PM

September 2011

Last edited by UnFrSaKn; Sep 29, 2011 at 12:35 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 3:29 PM

Yup, it sure makes the skyline look that much better. unreal what a quality skyscraper can do for a city and the way it will be perceived from that point onward. lovely fact of life indeed.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 11:14 PM

The only angle viewing the skyline that I do not like is in SW OKC.When driving on I-44 towards I-40 it looks like the city is flipping you the bird!!!LOL

Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
The only angle viewing the skyline that I do not like is in SW OKC.When driving on I-44 towards I-40 it looks like the city is flipping you the bird!!!LOL
What's wrong with that, especially the way people dump on OKC ?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
What's wrong with that, especially the way people dump on OKC ?
yeah, I know right,from that angle the skyline says EFF off to all the Haters!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2011, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteford View Post
like i said, " a near exact representation". the two have the exact, same material regarding the finish on the podium pillars. both look will look great.
Okay, I retract my previous statements re the pillars/base. I apologize. It looks pretty good. I still don't get the "fakeness" of the park area near the building. It doesn't look natural. I guess once the vegetation and trees grow it will look better. But, I guess this is the skyscraper forum and not the park forum.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2011, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePDX View Post
Okay, I retract my previous statements re the pillars/base. I apologize. It looks pretty good. I still don't get the "fakeness" of the park area near the building. It doesn't look natural. I guess once the vegetation and trees grow it will look better. But, I guess this is the skyscraper forum and not the park forum.
It's not supposed to look natural- it's a programmed urban park that has been there since the 1980s, just got fully rebuilt, opened over the summer, and isn't even completed yet. Does Millennium Park look natural? Discovery Green?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2011, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePDX View Post
green spaces like this are trend setters. when one major development such as this is, decides to incorporate a high profile green space into its design they do so for more than one reason. fact: Devonian gardens was built as the worlds/north America's largest office building, indoor tropical gardens. it would successfully improve the air in base of what is twin office towers. it would improve the quality of office workers overall work experience. it would set a new standard for indoor work place lifestyle in general. it would set a trend for the city of Calgary downtown office tower podiums. would others follow suite? Yes! after it was built, most if not all of the major office developments in the Calgary downtown area would incorporate some green space or trees, to varying degrees, into the design of there podiums. as you walk through Calgary plus 15 network you will notice a high number of green spaces and trees both indoor and outdoor. i believe it is a direct result of the large indoor park that Toronto dominion towers has in its base. i have hope that the outdoor park in this development will do the same for Oklahoma city future developments. a little bit of green here and there becomes the norm and soon all of the city center will have green spaces both indoors and outdoors to some degree. all because they had the for site to do it themselves. that's what i think anyhow.

Last edited by whiteford; Oct 1, 2011 at 7:10 PM.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 2:41 PM

Here are some recent pics posted by architect5311 of how Devon Tower will interact with the "fake park area that looks unnatural" Myriad Gardens across the street.

Here is a bonus of a water feature inside the Myriad Gardens from the City of OKC Twitter:

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 3:09 PM

Wow those fountains are badass

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 4:48 PM
West bench livin'

Another comment on the "Fake Park" look... I like the modern take! It is also strongly reminiscent of the grounds design for the London 2012 Olympic Park. It remains to be seen whether a park so structured will stand the test of time and mature vegetation. I think it's a great complement for the Devon building.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcntry View Post
Another comment on the "Fake Park" look... I like the modern take! It is also strongly reminiscent of the grounds design for the London 2012 Olympic Park. It remains to be seen whether a park so structured will stand the test of time and mature vegetation. I think it's a great complement for the Devon building.
Shane was being sarcastic in reference to JoePDX. Lol but what you said I agree with. It really compliments Devon IMO.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 6:36 PM

Is a fake park something like a fake apology ?

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityenthusiast View Post
Wow those fountains are badass
Not to mention that cylindrical shaped building the Crystal bridge will light up with thousands of LED's also and there are sidewalks around the park that are lit up by LED's!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
Not to mention that cylindrical shaped building the Crystal bridge will light up with thousands of LED's also and there are sidewalks around the park that are lit up by LED's!
Wow that sounds awesome do you think you could get any photos of that when you get a chance dmoor82?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive