HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted May 20, 2018, 9:46 PM
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowaga View Post
OK, so it is 5x week (I know he uses a spreadsheet to calculate the decimals based on a data dump but...seriously, it’s very confusing. 0.7 flights per day is not intuitive...).
Very confusing indeed, I don't know how he comes up with the decimals and a lot of his information is inaccurate.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 5:16 AM
德克萨斯人 y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumu View Post
Lack of codeshare hurt Korean Air in IAH and hurts them in DFW too.

Asiana has codeshare with United, so it's possible they might step into the gap at IAH.

The interesting thing here is that Korean Air has codeshare with Delta. If Delta makes a large enough expansion in Austin, Korean Air might bite with an A330-200. That only needs 218 passengers to fill.

Korean Air already had a lot competition in IAH->E. Asia traffic that didn't terminate in Seoul- Air China, ANA, EVA Air, and United (Which are all codeshares with United too, btw.)

In sum, there's reason for cautious optimism on Austin->Seoul non-stop, if Delta goes big enough with Austin.
I flew Korean from Seoul to Dallas recently and they codeshared with American, which was weird to me because they're in two different alliances (SkyTeam & One World, respectively). We got there all the same, so I didn't complain.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
I flew Korean from Seoul to Dallas recently and they codeshared with American, which was weird to me because they're in two different alliances (SkyTeam & One World, respectively). We got there all the same, so I didn't complain.
The arrangement started in 2015, and it is unique to that route only. It involved Korean Air making a "cross alliance" pact with AA. I am surprised that Korean's alliance partners did not make a big fuss about it. Just curious, but did you fly Korean or AA? The reason I ask is because on google it looks like the AA flight is the only one that is code shared with Korean. The Korean flight is listed as Korean Air only.

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...sp:.USD.181601

https://www.usatoday.com/story/today...oute/22862651/

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 9:37 PM
Semper Fidelis

Here’s a construction update from the airport. The third public workshop regarding the master plan will be June 7, 6-8PM.
http://www.austintexas.gov/blogs/con...ruction-update

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
Here’s a construction update from the airport. The third public workshop regarding the master plan will be June 7, 6-8PM.
http://www.austintexas.gov/blogs/con...ruction-update
Wish they'd put in a Torchy's rather than a Tacodeli. Just so y'all know where my allegiances lie.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 10:11 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Wish they'd put in a Torchy's rather than a Tacodeli. Just so y'all know where my allegiances lie.
Agreed. But, to be fair, maybe Torchy's declined an offer and the Delaware North had to go another direction - Tacodeli?!?

Delaware North is in charge of the food service providers...not ABIA directly.

Old Posted May 21, 2018, 11:40 PM
德克萨斯人 y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
The arrangement started in 2015, and it is unique to that route only. It involved Korean Air making a "cross alliance" pact with AA. I am surprised that Korean's alliance partners did not make a big fuss about it. Just curious, but did you fly Korean or AA? The reason I ask is because on google it looks like the AA flight is the only one that is code shared with Korean. The Korean flight is listed as Korean Air only.

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=...sp:.USD.181601

https://www.usatoday.com/story/today...oute/22862651/

For that particular trip, I purchased HKG to DFW as a round trip, flying KE from HKG to ICN, and then AA from ICN to DFW. It was all purchased through KE. On the return trip, we flew KE on both legs.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:04 PM

Since the posts are slow, thought I'd mentioned I finally got a look at an incoming BA flight a few minutes ago. It came from the east just south of my house traveling west and south, obviously. Besides the time of day, I knew it was a 747 by the sound of the engines. It was louder than everything else. Really impressive.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Since the posts are slow, thought I'd mentioned I finally got a look at an incoming BA flight a few minutes ago. It came from the east just south of my house traveling west and south, obviously. Besides the time of day, I knew it was a 747 by the sound of the engines. It was louder than everything else. Really impressive.
Oh, yeah, she’s loud

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin