HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
It's the parking deck for the Northside MOB currently under construction.
Yep! Adding to parking deck alley!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 9:39 PM

12th & Peachtree breaking ground?

Looks like the northeast corner of 12th and Peachtree St is partially fenced off and trees are getting cut down. This is where the Thursday food trucks set up. I can't remember what was supposed to go in here. Is there a thread already?

I'd love to see another surface lot disappear!

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Looks like the northeast corner of 12th and Peachtree St is partially fenced off and trees are getting cut down. This is where the Thursday food trucks set up. I can't remember what was supposed to go in here. Is there a thread already?

Hasn't it been fenced off for some time? I forget if this is the block they were resurfacing the parking lot or whatnot...

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post

That's the site another phase of 12th & Midtown- 1125 Peachtree. The last we heard of it, they were planning a 50-story hotel/residential tower but that was before they developed the two towers on Crescent. There has been no news about it for a few years.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2017, 10:32 PM

Slight correction: They had already completed 77 12th street when the article concerning 1125 Peachtree was published in the Business Chronicle. https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2014/02/14/two-more-new-towers-planned-for-midtown.html(paywall of course)

From that article ...

Quote:
Daniel and Selig also want to break ground this year on a 50-story tower on Peachtree between 12th and 13th streets. The high-rise building could include 350 apartments and 180 condos.

I'm guessing its the condos that stalled the project.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:03 AM
Urban Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Hasn't it been fenced off for some time? I forget if this is the block they were resurfacing the parking lot or whatnot...
I am in San Francisco for work or I would haul my @$$ down there stat. Can anyone confirm 1125 Peachtree is under going site prep? I am going to lose a nights sleep with excitement.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:10 AM
Urban Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Slight correction: They had already completed 77 12th street when the article concerning 1125 Peachtree was published in the Business Chronicle. https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edition/2014/02/14/two-more-new-towers-planned-for-midtown.html(paywall of course)

From that article ...

I'm guessing its the condos that stalled the project.

From Selig website:
http://www.seligenterprises.com/about/history

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I am in San Francisco for work or I would haul my @$$ down there stat. Can anyone confirm 1125 Peachtree is under going site prep? I am going to lose a nights sleep with excitement.
The pic he provided includes some of the fence. I was really thinking it was being resurfaced, although I cannot recall anymore. 1125, Opus, and 1105 would be nice feathers in Midtown's cap for this development cycle.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
The pic he provided includes some of the fence. I was really thinking it was being resurfaced, although I cannot recall anymore. 1125, Opus, and 1105 would be nice feathers in Midtown's cap for this development cycle.
1125 Peachtree is not moving forward yet. They have not yet started the permitting process.

Unfortunately, this is all that is going on at the site:
Quote:
Retaining Wall Repair
Repair the unsold exterior wall per Violation noticed provided by the City. Updating existing surface parking lot, including associated hardscape and landscape along with repairs too existing retaining wall.
https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...howInspection=

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
1125 Peachtree is not moving forward yet. They have not yet started the permitting process.

Unfortunately, this is all that is going on at the site:

https://aca3.accela.com/ATLANTA_GA/C...howInspection=
Retaining wall! That's right! I knew it was something lackluster. Sure is fun to dream about this project taking off this year though... A few more projects along the EST and 14th-10th street in Midtown and a major portion of inner Atlanta will feel a lot more seamless instead of disjointed. Sure is interesting times for Atlanta.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2017, 8:24 PM

Reynoldstown Crossing phase 2

Quote:
Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) has selected Rea Ventures Group, LLC as the developer for second phase of lofts at Reynoldstown Crossing. The decision was announced after a special call meeting of the Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. Board of Directors’ on August 15, 2017.

The Lofts at Reynoldstown Crossing, at 890 Memorial Drive, is an existing BeltLine affordable housing project located in the revitalizing Reynoldstown neighborhood near the intersection of Memorial Drive and the Atlanta BeltLine’s Eastside Trail. This development is expected to create up to 118 affordable housing rental apartments targeted to families seeking 1, 2, and 3 bedroom living options close to where they work. The development will also include 2,000 square feet of storefront retail space along Memorial Drive.
https://beltline.org/2017/08/16/rea-...-reynoldstown/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 12:04 AM

Walking by PCM and I wish they'd let an artist tag in their parking deck. I know they'll build next to it eventually- but would be nice to carry over some of the vibe of the neighborhood's in the time being. Found it fitting considering 725 Ponce was already tagged up. Plus, our murals are some of if not our most prominent pieces of art in the city. Would be nice to show city council we want murals- not that they should be washed out

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 1:09 AM

Anybody know when the Clermont Lounge is set to reopen? I understand the hotel renovation is due for completion January 2018 and with a rooftop bar.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 1:24 PM

[/QUOTE]

Hmm, seems like they could have tried a little more to tie the new construction in with the existing old building and the A&P across the street. They look more like garden apartments that lofts, though the kudzu wall in the back is a nice touch.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta